A Few Notes about Shipping

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: A Few Notes about Shipping  (Read 26740 times)

Offline nhmustang

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Nick
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »
People, as i have said before. BUY THEM IN AUSTRALIA!! (that way YOU the buyer can inspect it and make the FINAL decision). There's plenty out there for sale. :(

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 11:37:38 pm »
Kev, can you email me a pic of what your talking about

Matt

Offline KEVLYN

• Pony
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:40 am »
Gday Matt, when i get the interior stripped out i will take some pics of the damage.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2010, 09:24:15 am »
can you email me the pic of what the under chassis looks like where your talking about?

Offline 6pakdave

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

$5K wow thats some underbody rust repair bill. You diddnt check yourself before sending it out for a RWC?

later  Dave

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 12:16:42 pm »
Please

Will the people that have issues, talk to the various parties by email & not an open forum where things get misconstrued.

All those discussing this, that do not have first hand knowledge of what is going on please refrain from posting. It is not doing this forum any good by speculating on innuendo.

Sorry, but as someone who gets to see both sides of the stories (not only the ones being discussed here on this forum) & has seen many difficult situations end up badly because of others not knowing what is going on, I would like to see it stop here.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »
Is the car structurally unsafe  ?

If not, then go for a 2nd inspection - pick a regional LO2 centre , book an appointment last thing Friday arvo before a long weekend. you never know your luck !
Worked for me in Vic (not that there was anything much wrong with my car), but I am getting the impression the other states are stricter.
Of course you could get a 2nd opinion on the repair.
Sorry to see what happened, but if it is a genuine SS big block , then you still got a good deal.

Good luck !
cheers,
Frank.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
I give up... :_

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »
Im with Kerry on this one and Im sick of reading all the crap that goes on when someone buys a cheapie from the USA!
You buy it cheap you got "CHEAP"! if youda bought it for top dollar youd be peed, but everyones interpratation differs, and all whom dabble in the motor trade will admitt that its a cut throat game for the unwary, sometimes but very rearly you get a bargain but most of the time if its too good to be true it is!
And the only advise I can give is deal with someone you can trust, and if it turns out you get mud on your face, blame yourself cause you trusted them in the first place.
No one came to the rescue when I got ripped, I just had to wear it, could be worse you know!
Ooohhh and welcome to the motor trade!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 03:09:52 pm »
Sorry, I was only offering a suggestion (albeit a little tongue in cheek).

I was not commenting on who was or wasn't to blame. In this case it seems the car looked to be the real deal but wasn't. I think both parties acted in good faith.

This is why it is called a forum. I dont like when these issues turn nasty, but if nothing it can give others who are contemplating importing a car some insight into the various pros and cons.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline usa289

• Worked
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »
I certainly concur with Kerry, Frank and Hev'n .....  

Althought not a frequent contributor, I am a "daily watcher". This forum is to share our experiences and learnings and whilst this should be positively encouraged,  it must be stressed by administration - and respected by all members -  that personal comments will not be tolerated and should be conducted in absolute privacy and outside this forum.

There has been too many instances lately of these occurrences and it has certainly affected the good nature and vibrancy of all who contribute to the Mustang commmunity - and others - who read and/or actively contribute to this great Mustang medium.  
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »
Guys, these things are old cars, most of them are stuffed, or have been tarted up to some extent. You can't expect them to be concours unless you pay concours money. You can't expect a good paint job for 5k try 15k to 20 for example on a tidy car, at $65 an hour these things cost good money to get right, if you're paying some one to do the work. I don't buy shiney old cars unless I look at them myself. Try and find a good HR holden, they are all stuffed, it's no different. I think the good Cali cars have pretty much dried up from what I see people buying.  It seems these days a lot of guys want a turn key car, and this is either dangerous or expensive take your pick. This is not a cheap hobby if you can't do the work yourself.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2010, 05:19:07 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Ooohhh and welcome to the motor trade!
;y

Yeah, and let's get back to a little fun eh!!

Cheers Bee

Offline Horselover

• Worked
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »
I'm with Bee!:f

Where can I get some of that fun?:+

Cheers,
Warwick:f

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2010, 06:13:38 pm »
Nice one Bee. Count me in.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2010, 06:16:07 pm »
It's horses for courses...

I would be confident of buying a car, and being able to fix up whatever needs doing, without issue, as I can either do it myself, or know people who do.

I wouldn't try building a PC. I have friends tell me all the time, how they built this super duper computer, or knocked up a cool website, for a few $$. I wouldn't try, because I don't know how, or who.

People hear of how someone build a cool car cheap, but unless you have the contacts, or skills, it isn't for everyone to contemplate.
You can't put $$ limits, or time limits, on a car build.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »
Buy locally after inspecting thoroughly.
Nothing against those that ship them here, but sight unseen purchases, are disasters waiting to happen IMO:(
And Bee, she has a nice hat!:+:+
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:59 pm »

Hat, What hat ??? :f

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2010, 07:06:03 pm »
This hat

[img=200x200]http://rlv.zcache.com/nice_boobs_hat-p148851033502637085qz14_400.jpg[/img]

Offline Red 66

• Worked
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »

:( GOLD :(

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2010, 08:53:42 pm »
Nice find Foresight!  Not one from your collection??:f

Offline DOZE-6015

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28:08 pm »

My eye's are out of focus from that one Bee.
Lee is there anyone looking over your shoulder........??????

Offline rattusrex

• Worked
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »
I think some of you may have missed the point. Firstly a forum, as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, is a place for discussion. Some people, for their own reasons, are trying to shut the discussion down. Secondly, and more importantly, Kevlyn paid money for an inspection, rather like a pre purchase inspection available from say the NRMA, and if you charge money for a service then you should be accountable. When you attempt to stifle discussion or free speech, then you have a situation where anything goes. Attributed to Voltaire "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Eddie
Click Image For Larger View

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
Hi Eddie,

No I did not miss the point or do I want to stifle discussion. What I was saying was if a person does not have first hand information on the subject, then stay out of it.

Your point of pre-purchase inspection is a good case in point. If you were not there at the time listening or watching, or the one making the agreement, you would not know what transpired. So that would place you in the same category as me, one that does not have all the facts & any assumptions made, would be hearsay.

It may be a simple case of miscommunication, but that is not for me to say.

Offline fordtj69

• Worked
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2010, 10:27:41 pm »
hey the old saying there always two sides to the story :-
I will travel far for a car up and over the hill's to Clancy's at the bottom of the big mountain
member of the big dog car club

BDCC