A Few Notes about Shipping

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: A Few Notes about Shipping  (Read 26525 times)

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 09:57:27 am »
I forgot to mention that inspection  fee that ken charged also included the the car i bought on ebay, which ken inspected and turned out to be nothing like the seller said, ken saved my arse before puting funds into the sellers account.

Offline djc

• Stallion
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20:57 am »
Originally posted by 68pony
I forgot to mention that inspection  fee that ken charged also included the the car i bought on ebay, which ken inspected and turned out to be nothing like the seller said, ken saved my arse before puting funds into the sellers account.

Sounds like the type of service that Shermatt supplies.  Matt save me more than his fee cost in the whole deal, money well spent!!  Not to mention that he said that if I didn't like the car after he purchased it for me that he would take it on-board himself and find me something else!  MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!

Not taking anything away from other exporters people use, but this sealed the deal for me - I couldnt lose!:(

Offline usa289

• Worked
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 10:21:33 am »

Hey Chris,

So are you saying the total cost from the car being received at your US port to being cleared and ready for pick up in AU is only $2900 (including Vaseline). Is that US dollars?? Which Aussie port? Slow boat or fast boat? What is/was the delivery time? And there were no additional charges?
Cheers,
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:49 am »
All this vaseline is a worry.

Next import, think I'll send someone to collect.

Alerting them no matter what............

Don't bend over.  :*

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:50 am »

That`s what I was thinking :w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w
Imagine the looks you`d get rocking up to the checkout with ya shopping trolly with a $100 bucks worth   :w;2;_
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2010, 11:23:23 am »
 Sent an email last nite .Car arrives on the 11th of April.YEEEE HAH!!!!!!!

Offline 66FBK

• Worked
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2010, 11:27:29 am »
At the end of the day you pay for what you get. Shermatt seems to have a good reputation around this forum and I would class as a blue ribbon service. If I was buying or looking for a top shelf car without the risks and hassles, I would deal with Matt. I choose California Image in Brisbane, after they were recommended, and was real pleased with the $3400 all included deal. I was lucky enough to talk directly to the truck driver while quoting on the transport of the car. He confirm the car was OK and it was all good. That was my gamble. If it was a $20K car I would have had it inspected. The only other fees were the GST of the purchase price in $A + GST the $3400 shipping (say $1600 GST) and $500 US local transport the the California Image yard in CA .So all up $5800 door to door in 5 weeks. I was pretty happy with that.
He, with the most toys wins.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2010, 11:44:10 am »

all prices quoted in aussie dollars to sydney does not include unloading fees or all the charges we get slammed with once it gets here, good question about the slow boat,fast boat, not sure, 1st time for me.

As for the vaseline , I'M GREEK :w:w:w:w :f

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2010, 12:22:42 pm »

Just found out its going on the fast boat

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2010, 01:37:19 pm »
Hey Chris, my '70 Mach 1 is due later this month and because of the shocking weather in California, it has also been coated in Vaseline.
I'm told that the usual car wash detergents get it off. What's your take on this advice?

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2010, 01:41:35 pm »
Chris was the vaseline coat required because it was shipped on open decks ? (ie to protect from seaspray/elements).
If that's the case and it's not a mint car it would be a good way of saving on shipping costs. How did you get the stuff off again?
Rick

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »
Just thought Id throw some snaps up of this car in question.

Yes, our fee is $2000AUD and we were looking for a 70-71 Chevelle for Kev for close to a month. We had seen the 72 but it was not what Kev was looking for (he wanted a 70-71) We didnt even email it to him due to that criteria, however, even though most of the cars we sent Kev he also sent a few that he found for our opinion (ebay)

Secondly, the car was so underpriced, it had SCAM...written all over it....was waaaaayyy to CHEAP
one of those to good to be true kinda deals.

Kevs budget was $20-22,000USD for a good clean driver/restored car.

After Kev gave us the go ahead on a 72 model, we dropped what we were doing as the auction was a buy it now thing and the guy selling it said there was a fella driving up from Miami first thing in the morning

Sheri said that its about an hour drive from memory (been a while since shed been there) turned out just under 2 hours (so be it) only charged $80 to cover fuel (left at 9 got back at 2.30pm)

The guy from Miami was bringing the full amount in CASH ($14,950) seeing as the car was worth at least $27k it was a no brainer. The owner of the car had dumped close to $40k into the car and had pawned it off for $15,000 but did not collect the car and the pawn broker was just collecting his $15k back. There was no way I was going to try and haggle this fella knowing that I could sell this car for $22k the next day and it was under $7000 what Kev was prepared to spend.

Just the billet pulley set up on this car was worth $2800US, big block TV's DVD's subs amps stereo, 4 wheel disc, independant rear.... the car was OFF ITS FACE for the money and in my opinion.....YOU COULDNT GET ANY BETTER ..."BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" if you tried

Its the ONLY car I have ever paid the EXACT purchase price

but pics can tell a thousand words

As for customs and GST, Im not a customs agent fellas...I can calculate it pretty close but its only an estimate. Over the next few weeks when I find some time I will be updating the website with exact costings and examples for all to see so theres no surprises....just waiting on djc to send me some scans of his most recent import so its fact and not fiction

As for our fee of $2000AUD. Only those who have used our services can comment on that as there the ones that benefit from that

Advertised for $27,999....Purchased for $18,000 (kindly delivered to LA by Ozbilt...thanks mate)

I could be here all day posting pictures but Ive had a long day

Hope your enjoying that Chevelle Kev

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2010, 02:09:41 pm »
Been meaning to update our site but I just thought Id add

I ve been hearing here and there about a few of our cars hitting China/Asia a few weeks back and long shipping times.

After having a few words with Shcumacher, they notified me that 2 of our cars where shipped on the slow boats...it was either get em on the water and on the way or not at all...for that, I appolagise

I also discussed shipping times and PRICES. (based on consolidation of other cars going to the same destination)

As of now, shipping from LA to

Melbourne or Sydney is $1350USD through Shermatt
Adelaide or Freo/WA is $1750USD through Shermatt (based on a 3 car load)

Rates are based on direct service with Hamburg Sud ( there is no faster service than this )

Hope that helps

PS...ROCK65, fantastic news mate

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2010, 02:21:22 pm »

Hi Rick,
My car arriving later this month is also coated in Vaseline.
It has been raining in CA for weeks and my guy was concerned that being locked in a container with humid air for a month, including crossing the Equator could promote "humidity bubbles" in the paint. That's the reason for the Vaseline.

A car would be stuffed if it was shipped on open decks.
PS. Check my U2U

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 02:22:23 pm »
Matt ,i realise that the shipping time is out of your control. That has been my biggest beef up till now. Maybe i should hit up Shumachers for the extra $600usd that i paid above your new price of $1750. If the car had arrived in 5 weeks i would not have an issue with the shipping fee, but 4 months just to get on the boat is poor service from them as far as i am concerned. They have offered me a discount on my next import(if i decide to import again) Rohan. Ps: Do you know where the floida no  plate ended up?

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2010, 03:17:31 pm »

As above, i'm not sure but ill let you know when i find out, ah well some good news to come out of this thread , cheaper shipping through shermat  now :(

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 03:22:06 pm »
Wow! That's a super clean Olds.

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2010, 04:01:34 pm »
Rock  good to hear. Mine is due Brisbane 28/3.
Chris that is one very nice looking cruiser.
Good onya Matt, you did tell me from the start that it would take longer to get it up here than if it were to go to Sydney or Melbourne.
Anyone that knows me would know why I would be hesitant to put another car on a truck. It cost a bit more for direct and took a bit longer, not a problem. Schumackers are the weak link, they don't tell you anything until you feel you have to ask.

Offline djc

• Stallion
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »
Personally I never had any trouble with Schumachers.  I would ring and get an answer!

Emails are a waste of time.  Pick up the phone and speak to a person, get your self a contact there and your set!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »
I too have used Matt's advice and used Schumachers to get a car back to Australia.  They have been very professional and the car arrived without damage and didn't need further cleaning.  Both times I have imported, I have been and viewed the cars myself and dropped them off.  Truly, it is the best way and worth the trip.

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2010, 11:27:35 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
Just thought Id throw some snaps up of this car in question.

Yes, our fee is $2000AUD and we were looking for a 70-71 Chevelle for Kev for close to a month. We had seen the 72 but it was not what Kev was looking for (he wanted a 70-71) We didnt even email it to him due to that criteria, however, even though most of the cars we sent Kev he also sent a few that he found for our opinion (ebay)

Secondly, the car was so underpriced, it had SCAM...written all over it....was waaaaayyy to CHEAP
one of those to good to be true kinda deals.

Kevs budget was $20-22,000USD for a good clean driver/restored car.

After Kev gave us the go ahead on a 72 model, we dropped what we were doing as the auction was a buy it now thing and the guy selling it said there was a fella driving up from Miami first thing in the morning

Sheri said that its about an hour drive from memory (been a while since shed been there) turned out just under 2 hours (so be it) only charged $80 to cover fuel (left at 9 got back at 2.30pm)

The guy from Miami was bringing the full amount in CASH ($14,950) seeing as the car was worth at least $27k it was a no brainer. The owner of the car had dumped close to $40k into the car and had pawned it off for $15,000 but did not collect the car and the pawn broker was just collecting his $15k back. There was no way I was going to try and haggle this fella knowing that I could sell this car for $22k the next day and it was under $7000 what Kev was prepared to spend.

Just the billet pulley set up on this car was worth $2800US, big block TV's DVD's subs amps stereo, 4 wheel disc, independant rear.... the car was OFF ITS FACE for the money and in my opinion.....YOU COULDNT GET ANY BETTER ..."BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" if you tried

Its the ONLY car I have ever paid the EXACT purchase price

but pics can tell a thousand words

As for customs and GST, Im not a customs agent fellas...I can calculate it pretty close but its only an estimate. Over the next few weeks when I find some time I will be updating the website with exact costings and examples for all to see so theres no surprises....just waiting on djc to send me some scans of his most recent import so its fact and not fiction

As for our fee of $2000AUD. Only those who have used our services can comment on that as there the ones that benefit from that

Advertised for $27,999....Purchased for $18,000 (kindly delivered to LA by Ozbilt...thanks mate)

I could be here all day posting pictures but Ive had a long day

Hope your enjoying that Chevelle Kev

You live and learn - haven't heard of the vaso trick before, nor the blistering potential. Anxious wait for me now!
Rick

Offline KEVLYN

• Pony
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2010, 08:13:59 pm »

i only got the Chevelle 2 days ago the 15th March 2010, the explanation you give above is a little different from my recollection, the car was LO2'd today and i tried to roadworthy it, to my dismay they found extensive rust in the underbody, i got a quote and it would need the interior stripped to complete the repair and an estimated cost of $5000 AU, i am a bit disappointed as i did ask you to inspect the car and payed the appropriate fee's, yes the car looks great in photos but everyone knows a glossy paint job just is not enough, i did not receive a detailed report from you but did ask if the car was what you expected, you replied with a very positive note, obviously you did not get under the car or put it on a hoist to view the underside, there is extensive rust near the rear wheel wells and fiberglass used to patch floor pans,  i know many people have used your service and are very happy, i just dont know how you cloud have missed such a poor patch up job if you did the inspections that you claim in your web site, regards Kev

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2010, 08:41:34 pm »
No comment until the 7th of April ,when my car arrives from Florida.

Offline rattusrex

• Worked
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2010, 09:05:55 pm »
Oops! This will be interesting. Someone's halo appears to have slipped. Eddie
Click Image For Larger View

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »
KEVLYN,
I feel your pain trust me