A Few Notes about Shipping

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: A Few Notes about Shipping  (Read 26698 times)

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2010, 10:32:38 pm »
If you find someone who provides a good service you let the forum know, if you find someone who provides a poor service.....same same.......

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2010, 10:40:47 pm »

+1 big time ;y

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2010, 02:37:41 am »
Eddie,

Firstly, let me outline the topic of this public forum.
The main topic of this forum is Mustangs. There are also relevant and non-contentious subtopics including Forum Chat, Self Promotion, Classifieds, etc. There is no subtopic titled "Personal Disputes" because personal disputes are considered contentious and off-topic. If you read the rules of this forum it clearly states that posting contentious off-topic comments is forbidden. These rules are not there to stifle free speech; they are actually there to enable it by preventing irrelevant comments and topics from interfering. Parties involved in personal conflicts are more than welcome to speak freely about their disputes off the public forum.

Secondly, what you are saying about being accountable for a service is completely correct. I also believe the outcome of this dispute should be openly discussed, as it is relevant to members looking to import Mustangs. However, the discussions that take place to arrive at an outcome are irrelevant and should be kept off the public forum until it has been settled. People chiming in with half-truths and second hand information does not help. As Voltaire said "a witty saying proves nothing ".

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2010, 08:38:53 am »
When Kev gets a chance Im sure he will be able to email me the area of concern.
Didnt charge Kev for a full inspection but $80 to cover fuel there and back to make sure it was the real deal and not a scam and put a deposit on it using Sheri's Paypal.

I pay Ozbilt $220 to inspect cars for me in Cali when hes close by

If the area was covered or hidden, how is anyone going to see it. (which I normally can spot)

All the area's that I could see were photographed along with the small areas that I found whilst checking the car over and emailed to Kev. If hes found something whilst its up on a hoist with a guy digging around with a screw driver, so be it. The car is 40 years old and......?

Some fellas over here spend more time trying hide something on a car than actually just doing it properly in the first place to save a buck.

Ive bought cars for myself and once I get it home and really start digging around you realise theres a few concerns but you deal with it. Got it for a good price, so I move on.

Dont think Kevs havin a crack but he never emailed me about it so all this is news to me

Once the spots are fixed Im sure she will be a tidy unit and still under his original budget

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2010, 01:19:19 pm »
Yeah this is an interesting one.

I would have liked one day to go over to the US and buy a nice car - maybe at an auction. But after seeing this , going there is no guarantee of not picking something with problems.
If this one got past Matt, then it would have got past me too. No offence to Matt.

The other weird thing about it is why you would spend so much $$$ on it if the floors were patched big time.

but I think this will be a nice car after it is sorted and still be fairly well priced.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2010, 01:40:25 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70
The other weird thing about it is why you would spend so much $$$ on it if the floors were patched big time.

Don't know and don't care but I'd like to know the final outcome after it is all settled privately.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2010, 02:22:00 pm »
Yeah, but unlike some of the more recent dramas, at least this with one the comments from both parties were calm and measured.

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2010, 02:38:59 pm »
Its easier and more productive if all private disputes are sorted out off the forum. There is no benefit in having people with no or limited knowledge of the situation making comments.
Like i said the outcome is what should be discussed. If the outcome is derived from a private cat fight or a private civil discussion that can be discussed on the forum after the event.

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »
Just wondering where this one ended up.. was the car as bad as 1st made out.. or ??

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2010, 06:35:28 pm »
Time.:(...locust:(
Brett check email.;2

Offline rattusrex

• Worked
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:49 pm »

+1
Click Image For Larger View

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:44 pm »
Kev hasnt contacted me at all

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:37 am »
Guess it must have been ok then..:-

Offline FortLauderdaleLimo

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Re: A Few Notes about Shipping
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2022, 04:55:18 am »
Hello, is there a luxury mustang car dealer in Miami? If anyone knows that our luxury car rental service needs a professional car service (https://fortlauderdalilimoservices.com/) right now, it serves our vehicles.