66 vert Resto underway

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 66 vert Resto underway  (Read 16290 times)

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:20 pm »
Well guys, Ive been looking for a car for a little while to for a mate. The best part of the deal is I provide the ability to sort it all out and organise the resto, he provides the funds for the most part and I get to drive it when ever I want;2 Paid the deposit this afternoon and should have it at the shop in the next couple of days. She needs a new roof, interior, tune up, bit of rust cut out aqnd rego. We're looking at turning it around in 3 months. Canday Apple red with a white roof and red and white interior. Here's how she looks at the moment.
[IMG=700x525]http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt59/ChilliChadd/66%20vert/27042010114.jpg[/img]

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:30:25 pm by peterp »

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:43 pm »
Hey Chad,

Where's it located at the mo'??
Cheers,
Mike

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:44 pm »
It's here in Perth Mike, Melville

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline mikes68

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

Nice one... how good was that to find one locally hey :(
Cheers,
Mike

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:26 am »
Was a bonus to find it locally. The guy had 2 the same price and I originally went to look at the other one as it presented better, until I got underneath and looked in all the usual places. So the one that looked bad from the outside was the better pick. Get the car on Friday and let the games begin;}

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »
A few more pics

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 01:15:18 pm »
Im Jealous!! you sneaky so and so. :+

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:11 pm »
Car turns up tomorrow, the candy apple red paint is already ordered. Strip down starts tomorrow arvo

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:09:11 am »
Very sweet ride, look forward to seeing its progress, congrats.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline usa289

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »
Great choice of colour .. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline chrisevo

• Thoroughbred
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 09:03:43 pm »
Looks great - keep the resto pics coming!!

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:19 pm »
Was a fullon 4 hrs and even started sanding, so all in all we're pretty happy. Found one area of rust that was a surprise but no biggy, and a few that I knew about weren't as bad as I first thought once I got it back to metal. The plan is to have it primed next weekend.

Offline mikes68

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 09:27:23 pm »
Originally posted by ChilliChadd
Was a fullon 4 hrs and even started sanding, so all in all we're pretty happy. Found one area of rust that was a surprise but no biggy, and a few that I knew about weren't as bad as I first thought once I got it back to metal. The plan is to have it primed next weekend.

Hey Chad,

Who / where are you getting the paint done??
Cheers,
Mike

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 09:30:09 pm »
Well done mate , she looks good .
You didnt waste ay time getting into it , its like an episode of Overhaulin . Arrives on a truck then stripped down imediately ;_

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:52 am »
Originally posted by mikes68

Hey Chad,

Mike doing the paint work ourselves, with some helpful tips from our paint supplier. I insisted on a semi down draft booth when we shifted factories, with the idea of respraying the coupe, now I get practice on the vert.

Offline mikes68

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:42 am »
Originally posted by mikes68

Hey Chad,

Mike doing the paint work ourselves, with some helpful tips from our paint supplier. I insisted on a semi down draft booth when we shifted factories, with the idea of respraying the coupe, now I get practice on the vert.  

Nice one... not brave enough to try a paint job myself. Too afraid of messing it up.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:36 pm »

Chadd

I can see a nice little R32 GTR next to it and a R34 GTsT behind it.

Did it come out of Japan or did you buy it from a guy called Geoff?

Good luck with the resto

Love the colour combo
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:29:56 pm by peterp »

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »
pics were taking at a factory in Melville, just to the left is another 66 vert, and next to that was a hearse, but yes she came from Japan. The buck tag shows it as an export car, and the guy was upfront when I went to see it. Vin is 6T08C.
Tomorrow the few bits of rust will be cut and patched, and the rest rubbed down, and a shopping list of parts put to paper. Time to spend some money;2 even better when it's not mine:+

Offline luke_007

• Stallion
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:26 am »
Originally posted by Shermatt

Chadd

I can see a nice little R32 GTR next to it and a R34 GTsT behind it.

Did it come out of Japan or did you buy it from a guy called Geoff?

Good luck with the resto

Love the colour combo

Pretty sure that white one is an R33 Matty.

OT: You're making fast progress, good luck with it :(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:31:10 pm by peterp »

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 06:01:01 pm »
Well I just spent 3.5 hrs doing up a parts list and costings, 3 pages later and just on $US 7000 , I've got everything. Will refine the parts and prices with a couple of suppliers then get the order off, but that I'll leave for another day.

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:26 pm »
Hi Chad

all the best with the project - we're just about to go to paint on our '66 vert entire rebuild (every and I mean every piece of sheetmetal has been either modified or replace with brand new...)and its been fun so far - but costs the $$$

We even had ours converted by Salva to RHD - and its all looking the business..

We may have some new unused bits if your chasing some stuff...all the best

JC
Rock on!

Offline nhmustang

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Nick
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »

JC,

How about some photos of your verts?

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »
Originally posted by JC074
Hi Chad

all the best with the project - we're just about to go to paint on our '66 vert entire rebuild (every and I mean every piece of sheetmetal has been either modified or replace with brand new...)and its been fun so far - but costs the $$$

We even had ours converted by Salva to RHD - and its all looking the business..

We may have some new unused bits if your chasing some stuff...all the best

JC

Thanks JC let me know what you might have left.:(

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:54 am »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the outer corner repairs on the doors will not last long. You need to replace a triangular section of the corners of the doors. Just welding up the holes won't fix the issues underneath. Actually it will hasten it.

Another week to get the repairs right will be no big deal.

After painting (once the repairs have been reworked) make sure you spray in body wax, flood that area as there are many layers of unpainted steel in there.

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
66 vert Resto underway
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »
Originally posted by ozbilt
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the outer corner repairs on the doors will not last long. You need to replace a triangular section of the corners of the doors. Just welding up the holes won't fix the issues underneath. Actually it will hasten it.

Another week to get the repairs right will be no big deal.

After painting (once the repairs have been reworked) make sure you spray in body wax, flood that area as there are many layers of unpainted steel in there.

Thats fine Kerry, my mate cut the section that was rusted out and cleaned out the inside and treated with rust converter, then welded a patch back in. Once shes all painted I'm hitting everything with cavity wax, I've even got fisholine somewhere. I may look rough but I'm not:+ the lh front guard hasn't been done yet, that needs a little more cut out due to a bad repair previously