Parts from the US

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Parts from the US  (Read 19141 times)

Offline seany-boy

• Worked
  • Car: 1970 Mach1
Parts from the US
« on: March 30, 2009, 08:56:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

i have just bought a few items online for 1970 mustang cos not to easy to get in Mellbourne. I bought a few small and hard to find parts from these guys http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/

They are Cougar dealers but many parts are interchangeable and most are listed if they are. Great service, very helpful including re-packaging to keep costs down and I had a small box on my door in about 10 days!

Also getting a few from Dallas Mustang so will let you know how they compare.

Offline red66

• Pony
Parts from the US
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:56:14 pm »
Hi seany-boy,
while I was in the US last year I bought a 66 coupe and shipped it here. for bits I was using 5 mustang places as follows.
Colorado mustang, Virginia mustang ,Dallas mustang, California mustang and Mustangs unlimited .
All good, buy online or phone order.  hope this can help

Offline red66

• Pony
Parts from the US
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »
I forgot, they all will post you a free catalog, very handy

Offline seany-boy

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:43:35 am »
thanks Red 66, I did similar and bought a bunch of stuff from MUL to come back with the car. Found these cougar guys very very fast service online whereas MUL and now DM have to call them to check status etc. Nice enough people just a little more difficult from a distance.

cheers

sean

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
Parts from the US
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:05 am »
Try NPD, they're great and fast www.npdlink.com and they have an international orders guy, JT who is very good, call him late in our evening or early morning on 0011-1-352-8618700 or email on export@npdlink.com

Cheers Les
Cheers Bee

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:42:46 am »
i have found NPD to be the best i ordered last Friday and parcel arrived here monday hows that for service
john

Offline perronegro

• L Plates
Parts from the US
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:04:18 am »
I live about 45 minutes from these guys and will be moving to oz in a few months.  Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Originally posted by seany-boy
Hi Guys,

i have just bought a few items online for 1970 mustang cos not to easy to get in Mellbourne. I bought a few small and hard to find parts from these guys http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/

They are Cougar dealers but many parts are interchangeable and most are listed if they are. Great service, very helpful including re-packaging to keep costs down and I had a small box on my door in about 10 days!

Also getting a few from Dallas Mustang so will let you know how they compare.

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:07 pm »
Hi perronegro, you might need to be careful making an offer like that!! You might get flooded with orders :+

Offline XPCoupe

• L Plates
Parts from the US
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 08:45:38 pm »
Originally posted by Bumblebee
Try NPD, they're great and fast www.npdlink.com and they have an international orders guy, JT who is very good, call him late in our evening or early morning on 0011-1-352-8618700 or email on export@npdlink.com

Cheers Les

Hey thanks for the pointer. I just got a 1970 fuel tank from them today. great price and delivered to Melbourne in 7 days. Will deal with them again for sure.

James

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Parts from the US
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55:30 pm »
Who do NPD use for shipping ? UPS or USPS ?

I find with Summit you have to call them for a shipping quote.  Jegs' shipping prices are OK for smaller items.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 12:09:01 pm »
On Thursday night our time I ordered some things from NPD. Spoke to JT on the phone. Very helpful. Will let you know how the rest of the transaction goes.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Parts from the US
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 05:08:22 pm »
Stang8,

What were the shipping prices like ?

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
Parts from the US
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 05:21:31 pm »
Up untill 6 months ago, I bought alot of small stuff from CJ Pony Parts & Cal Mustang but there freight cost are rapidly climbing. Freight now works out to be at least 60% on top, is this normal compared to other suppliers?  
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 12:49:50 pm »
Goods arrived today from NPD. Order Thursday - Arrive Tuesday.

They haven't billed me for freight .... YET !

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:57 am »
Originally posted by stang8

Ok....box now opened, not very well packed and everything IS NOT THERE....have sent email........been told to check through the packing paper in case I missed it.......now the fun starts !!!!!!!  :_

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
Parts from the US
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 10:02:46 am »

Ok....box now opened, not very well packed and everything IS NOT THERE....have sent email........been told to check through the packing paper in case I missed it.......now the fun starts !!!!!!!  :_

That happened to me only once (and I've used them a lot) they sent the wrong part US$150, they told me to keep it and they sent a replacement, not bad really.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 01:40:55 pm »
Originally posted by Bumblebee

That happened to me only once (and I've used theem a lot) they sent the wrong part US$150, they told me to keep it and they sent a replacement, not bad really.

Cheers Bee

That's great Bee. They sound real nice guys, but I've been told the item was scanned as it was put in the box and I will swear on my Mustang that it aint there.....

Hope I have a good outcome like you.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Parts from the US
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 02:17:27 pm »

Stang8,

I dont understand .. you paid for the parts , but not for the freight and you already have the order ... how does that work ?

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 04:19:20 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70

Stang8,

I dont understand .. you paid for the parts , but not for the freight and you already have the order ... how does that work ?

Cheers,
Frank.

Dunno ?!?!

I checked my credit card online yesterday to get some idea of when the stuff would arrive. Thought if the freight had been billed i could estimate when the goods would get here.

When there was no freight charged (only the value of the goods) I sent them an email saying why haven't you billed the freight and when is my stuff leaving the US. Next thing I know (within 1/2 hour) the stuff arrived on my doorstep.
;w

Maybe something to do with proof of delivery. If i check now it will have been charged I bet.

Offline Dad

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 04:21:20 pm »
JINX and DOUBLE JINX

Freight has been charged !

Offline Troy_H

• Worked
    • Melbourne
Parts from the US
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 12:19:20 pm »
Has anybody found a site that has reasonable freight costs, international air mail isn't that expensive, yet couriers seem to be preferred by the suppliers and they charge exorbinant rates.  I realise this is easier for them to send courier as it gets picked up, but has anyone found a supplier that uses a cheap freght company or will use US mail?

A while ago I had a whole radiator delivered and it wasnt that expensive for the size, but now the freight just seems crazy.

Offline seany-boy

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 02:02:47 pm »
USPs is 'reasonable' for smaller packages if you select the slowest delivery which I think is First Class or else priority mail (6-10 days) . But most will not aurtomatically select the lesser rate- you have to ask them to do so.

see > http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ab_012.htm#ep1572941

Problems is it goes up qucikly if you have weight or extended size even if it is light.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Parts from the US
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 02:19:51 pm »
JINX and DOUBLE JINX

So what were the freight charges like ?

expensive ?

I just ordered a set of headers from Jegs - shipping was a lot , but the price of the headers was so cheap it was still worth it.

Plus they are a large item I suppose.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
Parts from the US
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 03:44:42 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70
JINX and DOUBLE JINX

So what were the freight charges like ?

expensive ?

I just ordered a set of headers from Jegs - shipping was a lot , but the price of the headers was so cheap it was still worth it.

Plus they are a large item I suppose.

Cheers,
Frank.

This is from CALIFORNIA MUSTANG CATALOGUE
International Orders:
California Mustang has satisfied customers in more than 70 Countries around the World! All orders must be paid in U.S. funds (credit cards and wire transfers are most commonly used). California Mustang will add 35% to your order for shipping, along with a $20 international packaging and handling fee. If shipping is more than 35% we will contact you for your approval.

From my experience, these costs have been pretty close to actual except when the package is sizeable.
CJ PONY PARTS are very similar.

If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »
usps is definatly the cheapest but you have to ask for it if they don't use them ,and most of the bigger shops could not be bothered , i just orded a electronic transmission controller and harness for my 4r70w transmission which im about to fit in my vert  i also needed some other bits for the tranny, shift solonoids , shift kit , internal wiring harnes for tranny , and various other bits, i asked if they could send it usps no probs , how much $68.00us and the box was not small 70cmx70cmx30cm
they are not a big parts supplier though baumann electronics http://www.baumannengineering.com/tcs.htm