Parts from the US

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Parts from the US  (Read 19142 times)

Offline ashley47

• Stallion
Parts from the US
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »
Most definately, I would be in on that offer. Ive been waiting to see when someone would offer a "Group" purchase where we all buy and pay for a shipping container. This is the next best thing and would certainly help this guy out for helping us out.

Offline DazP

• Pony
Parts from the US
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 03:27:12 pm »
Just got a quote for parts consisting of 2 x full rear chassis rails, inner wheel wells, transition pan and tail light panel as well as a few other smaller bits for the back end. Total of parts comes to approx $1100 while freight due to being very bulky items will be around the $1700 mark which is what I paid for the space in the container when I brought the car over ( if only I knew what I needed then). So if there is a group buy being organised i'll be more than happy to contribute.

Cheers,

Darren
[align=center]68 Fastback C code 3sp Man

[/align]

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
Parts from the US
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »
Daz, I would contact someone like BLKPNY or Ian Blume at Mustang marque, the overall cost will be a lot cheaper than brining it in yourself i would think - no tax and not your hassle mucking around with containers and lots of different people!
Just my 2cents

Offline DazP

• Pony
Parts from the US
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 08:50:07 pm »
Quote from: jbrucem1 link=topic=6185.msg131879#msg131879
Daz, I would contact someone like BLKPNY or Ian Blume at Mustang marque, the overall cost will be a lot cheaper than brining it in yourself i would think - no tax and not your hassle mucking around with containers and lots of different people!
Just my 2cents

Cheers for the heads up.

Speaking to someone local was going to be my next step before making any firm commitments on bringing any big stuff over.

Looking at a few threads here and elsewhere it seems there are a few of people bringing in there own panels and other bulky items which made me wonder wether this would be the best/ cost effective way to order. So I thought id get a bit of an idea of cost from the o/s suppliers as a guide before making any firm decision.
[align=center]68 Fastback C code 3sp Man

[/align]