18yo

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 18yo  (Read 19587 times)

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:01 pm »
Hey boys,

I have recently just purchased a 65 coupe and am excited for it to finally arrive here and get started working on it.

Only issue is i'm an 18 year old and i was just wondering how people are going to take such a young bloke driving a real classic car? Would it be positive or negative?

I would like to be able to drive this car with pride as i'm sure you all do.

I'm just wanting to see what your reactions would be??

Thanks for all your opinions in advance.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:47:48 pm »
Good taste can happen at any age, happy cruising!

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Red 66

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:23 am »

I only wish I was 18 when I got my mustang instead of 40 something. You will have much more time to enjoy your classic :+:+:+

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
18yo
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:20:24 am »
You will be the ENVY of everyone you know and a lot you don't as well! I could have had a mustang at your age- A blue 66 coupe for $2599.00 in 1974. My Dad wouldn't let me. Got 1 now, tho! WELCOME TO THE FOLD!

Offline Andrew07

• Stallion
18yo
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:43 am »
Just enjoy....

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
18yo
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:00:12 am »
I know what its like being our age and owning a classic, the old guys just SNEER at you, Go and get your own you old FARTS..........I tell em.
Us young folk gotta stick together.
Cheers Young Hev
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline BLU302

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:03 am »
My 20 year old son cops a bit of attitude sometimes when he drives the Mustang,but it's mostly envy.
One guy told him he was too young to appreciate it.
Enjoy yourself
Bob

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
18yo
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 03:39:38 pm »
6pony, Heven67 may be right about the attitude, but NOT from older Muzzie owners. If Hev is a Young'un, then I must be still in that group too!
cheers, Ron B

Offline Brent

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:52 pm »
Originally posted by Red 66

I only wish I was 18 when I got my mustang instead of 40 something. You will have much more time to enjoy your classic :+:+:+

I also wish I was 18 instead of 56, when I was 18 I had a $275 Morris Minor. Enjoy with pride & dont give the cops a reason to hound you;_
429,C6,MSD, Pertronix coil, Flowmaster, 59K, Griffin radiator, thermo fan, oil coolers. Twice USA magazine featured.

Offline ScottQLD

• Worked
    • http://www.stangtv.com/
18yo
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:53:36 pm »
Hey im only 32 so i guess im one of the younger ones here too.
I love my pony its great!!
I was blown away however when i went into my local supercheap the other day to be served by a young fella, about 16 or so and i said to him "can i please check the price for some shockies" He said sure what car? I said a Mustang , with pride in my voice! He looked at me funny and said "who makes them"?? I almost dropped dead on the floor... I said, "Your kidding, youve never heard of a Mustang before? He then said "yeah, are they like Brittish or something??  Oh what could i say....
So all i can say to you is do your research and do some history lessons then you'll be fine when chatting to the older blokes out there!!!  
:(:(:(:(

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
18yo
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
Originally posted by Brent

I also wish I was 18 instead of 56, when I was 18 I had a $275 Morris Minor. Enjoy with pride & dont give the cops a reason to hound you;_

Morrris Minor!.........RUBbish.....................I had a MAJOR Kotch hurra!
Seriously I had a 67 440 Cortina, 4 on the tree, But it was a sh it box, You got a mustang, Its a little daunting at first with all the attention an that ...but who cares....enjoy it, come drag racing.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 10:10:29 am »
Yeah mate i get more than enough attention just because i have P plates on my car, i drive a shit box at the moment but it seems that i can't drive down the street without getting pulled over for a "random breathe test".

Haha yeah i know the feeling ScottQld, when i first told my mates, alot of them knew exactly what it was and some of them looked at me with a really dumb look on their face. I couldn't believe it! And don't worry ive done my research, ever since i was about 10 ive wanted one of these cars and have read almost every book or bit of info on them haha but i guess book knowledge defiently is not everything when it comes to these car.

HEVEN67 i would love to come drag racing one day, give the old beast a thrash haha don't know if i could keep up with you boyz but i'd give it a go all the same.

Thanks for all you input guys and im sure when its fully registered and everything i'll be joining you guys out for a nice drive.

Offline Andrew07

• Stallion
18yo
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 11:17:36 am »
Originally posted by Brent
Originally posted by Red 66

Same here Brent....first car was a 57 Morris Minor Ute....950cc engine bored out to 1 litre....flat out at 35mph....could do a wheelspin on grass if i really revved it and dropped the clutch....fantastic car

Offline blackbox

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 12:58:10 pm »
On the other side.
I had an XB 351 coupe when I was 18 (nearly 20 years ago)
I sold it for $4000.00 15 years ago. @#$%!!!! What an idiot.
Thats what you get listening to your father...

All said and done that was one heavy (1900KG) car, and I love the Mussy more, so all good.

There you go mate, run with your instincts.

Youve bought a car that will hold its value more than a newish car for the same price.

Enjoy and well done.:]

James.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 03:18:26 pm »
Just buy a doof doof and be like the rest of them :+ ..........Just dont try and tell us 67/68 owners that 65's are the best :::: :* ;{:+:w

Are you looking for a decent engine to go into your 65?;4

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 03:34:30 pm »
Hey 2233 you live in engadine yeah??

Me too.

Yeah i am actually lookin for a half decent motor. It's coming with a 170 in it so i will be looking for somethin atleast double that i rekon. The 170 should get me off my P's though and until i have enough cash up to put something nice into it.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 03:44:37 pm »
Sure do......Love the DENE:(

Where abouts?    My street runs between wollybutt and archillies..........Do you know it?

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 03:55:07 pm »
Yeah im pretty sure i do, I live just of coringy heights road.

Although i cant say i see your mustang around.

What do you drive mate?? And are you in any clubs or anything?? I'm thinkin of joining a club when mine arrives.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 04:07:22 pm »
Originally posted by 65pony
Yeah im pretty sure i do, I live just of coringy heights road.

Although i cant say i see your mustang around.

What do you drive mate?? And are you in any clubs or anything?? I'm thinkin of joining a club when mine arrives.

I  rarely drive it these days I simply cannot afford the petrol.

My car is white (no longer is it blue/red and black)

Please dont start me on clubs:[  They just dont appeal to me :(

I can bring it around to your place one day if you want to have a look at it etc

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
18yo
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 04:17:08 pm »

I can bring it around to your place one day if you want to have a look at it etc [/quote]

;2;2;2

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 04:20:50 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67

I can bring it around to your place one day if you want to have a look at it etc

;2;2;2 [/quote]

I am confused about what ;2;2;2 means but I am sure you will explain it to me............one day:(

I should have said " and I will show you how a real 289 goes". ;3

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 04:22:39 pm »
Yeah mate thatd be good.

Just let me know when your free or have a spair minute and either bring it round or i'll drop round if you prefer??

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »
I will go for a drive (all be it a short one) around to your place, that will give me an excuse to take it for a quick run :(

It wont be for about 2 weeks , I have to get these godzillion stiches out of my leg first..........In the mean time :2

Offline 68pony

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 04:35:31 pm »
Yeah mate i get more than enough attention just because i have P plates on my car, i drive a <b>[Censored]</b> box at the moment but it seems that i can't drive down the street without getting pulled over for a "random breathe test".

Haha yeah i know the feeling ScottQld, when i first told my mates, alot of them knew exactly what it was and some of them looked at me with a really dumb look on their face. I couldn't believe it! And don't worry ive done my research, ever since i was about 10 ive wanted one of these cars and have read almost every book or bit of info on them haha but i guess book knowledge defiently is not everything when it comes to these car.

HEVEN67 i would love to come drag racing one day, give the old beast a thrash haha don't know if i could keep up with you boyz but i'd give it a go all the same.

Thanks for all you input guys and im sure when its fully registered and everything i'll be joining you guys out for a nice drive.

its alright young fella as long as its a AUTO!  you will have no problems at the drag strip as AUTOS! rule it
cmon hev im waiting:+:+

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 04:38:50 pm »
Originally posted by 68pony
Yeah mate i get more than enough attention just because i have P plates on my car, i drive a <b>[Censored]</b> box at the moment but it seems that i can't drive down the street without getting pulled over for a "random breathe test".

its alright young fella as long as its a AUTO!  you will have no problems at the drag strip as AUTOS! rule it
cmon hev im waiting:+:+

351 windsor auto 285 rwhp, 12.8 qtr mile
289 windsor manual 324 rwhp , 13.3 qtr mile

How does that work? :[

Heven, looking for help here :o