18yo

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 18yo  (Read 19592 times)

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:21 pm »
its alright young fella as long as its a AUTO!  you will have no problems at the drag strip as AUTOS! rule it
cmon hev im waiting:+:+ [/quote]
Hev won't be able to resist.
We had an 18yo join our club, He is still a member us old farts haven't put Him off. Enjoy you're car.
Cheers from a not so cold Brissie.:(:(;+;+:2

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 05:08:42 pm »
Ok no worries just let me know when you got a chance.

Thanks again.

And its a 4 speed top loader at the moment so im not sure whether i would convert it to auto or not. Will have to cross that bridge when it comes.

68pony thats a real nice car mate!

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 06:12:33 pm »
Originally posted by 65pony
Ok no worries just let me know when you got a chance.

Thanks again.

And its a 4 speed top loader at the moment so im not sure whether i would convert it to auto or not. Will have to cross that bridge when it comes.

68pony thats a real nice car mate!

Shall do.........my only suggestion is that you sell the top loader and get yourself a Tremec :( and not a T5 ;3 Oh and you wont need a windage tray ;3;3:w

If I am feeling generous on the day I come around I will let you have a drive........:(

Offline 68pony

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 06:18:07 pm »
Originally posted by 2233
Originally posted by 68pony
Yeah mate i get more than enough attention just because i have P plates on my car, i drive a <b>[Censored]</b> box at the moment but it seems that i can't drive down the street without getting pulled over for a "random breathe test".

Haha yeah i know the feeling ScottQld, when i first told my mates, alot of them knew exactly what it was and some of them looked at me with a really dumb look on their face. I couldn't believe it! And don't worry ive done my research, ever since i was about 10 ive wanted one of these cars and have read almost every book or bit of info on them haha but i guess book knowledge defiently is not everything when it comes to these car.

HEVEN67 i would love to come drag racing one day, give the old beast a thrash haha don't know if i could keep up with you boyz but i'd give it a go all the same.

Thanks for all you input guys and im sure when its fully registered and everything i'll be joining you guys out for a nice drive.

its alright young fella as long as its a AUTO!  you will have no problems at the drag strip as AUTOS! rule it
cmon hev im waiting:+:+

351 windsor auto 285 rwhp, 12.8 qtr mile
289 windsor manual 324 rwhp , 13.3 qtr mile

How does that work? :[

Heven, looking for help here :o

dave don't forget you have 4.11 diff i have 3.25diff but i used m/t radials your car is also lighter and has more power hope im not upseting you but the reason mine is quicker is its
AUTO,  AUTO'S RULE THE DRAG STRIP:+

Offline Forder

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 06:20:47 pm »
I can not work out the younger generation.  One of my boys dosen't like my Musatng and wont even let me take/pick him up from anywhere.  When I take him to the skate park he makes me drop him off around the corner.  I know all his mate love it but I can not work him out.  
I would have loved to have owned a Stang at 18.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
18yo
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 01:24:18 am »
Yeah,664, I know what you mean. My 17 y/o L plater doesn't even want a drive of my beasty!!!

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
18yo
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 09:04:31 am »
Hi Guys
There are several issues here, Firstly I love my T5, secondly a certin member, lets not name him, we will give him a code number though.......say 22 or 33 OK?
Whom bags the poo poo out of me when the opportunity is present and then says stuff like " Heven, looking for help here  "
Then there is the Auto V's Manual Debate which I am not that unfamiliar with.

For the Manual side..........all I can say is you need a lot of practice to get it all right, there is the revs, they have to be perfect so as not to bog down, the clutch has to be let out at the exact rate as the track and tyres and engine revs dictate, timing has to be spot on. But the skill required to be consitant is only from practice, a street car with less than say 400hp in my opinion is going to be quicker than an auto down the quarter simply for the fact that they have a better spread of gears.
So there is nothing wrong if you would prefere an auto over a manual other than you prefere the auto cause ther is less chance that you make a mistake and everyone rips into you, But that goes to show that to drive a manual you have to be able to take ridicule and mayhem from the auto drivers for the simple fact that auto drivers cant drive anyway.
;2

For the Auto side.........sorry I dont have any excuses on why you cant change gears, as I stated earlier in this rant "auto drivers cant drive anyway"

Cheers Hev
PS I got a "get out of jail free card" for sunday see you at hairy jax on suday morning B4 9am.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline 68pony

• Worked
18yo
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 10:50:34 am »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Hi Guys
There are several issues here, Firstly I love my T5, secondly a certin member, lets not name him, we will give him a code number though.......say 22 or 33 OK?
Whom bags the poo poo out of me when the opportunity is present and then says stuff like " Heven, looking for help here  "
Then there is the Auto V's Manual Debate which I am not that unfamiliar with.

For the Manual side..........all I can say is you need a lot of practice to get it all right, there is the revs, they have to be perfect so as not to bog down, the clutch has to be let out at the exact rate as the track and tyres and engine revs dictate, timing has to be spot on. But the skill required to be consitant is only from practice, a street car with less than say 400hp in my opinion is going to be quicker than an auto down the quarter simply for the fact that they have a better spread of gears.
So there is nothing wrong if you would prefere an auto over a manual other than you prefere the auto cause ther is less chance that you make a mistake and everyone rips into you, But that goes to show that to drive a manual you have to be able to take ridicule and mayhem from the auto drivers for the simple fact that auto drivers cant drive anyway.
;2

For the Auto side.........sorry I dont have any excuses on why you cant change gears, as I stated earlier in this rant "auto drivers cant drive anyway"

Cheers Hev
PS I got a "get out of jail free card" for sunday see you at hairy jax on suday morning B4 9am.

thats it!, did you take a chill pill this morning that wasn't a rant that was like kevin rud making a economy speech (didn't make sense):+

Offline Miami

• Stallion
18yo
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 11:45:58 am »
Good to see other young blood in a mustang. At 18 you make me feel old and im only 25 lol   p.s autostangs rule :(:p:a::

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 06:54:03 pm »
Hey boys,

I have recently just purchased a 65 coupe and am excited for it to finally arrive here and get started working on it.

Only issue is i'm an 18 year old and i was just wondering how people are going to take such a young bloke driving a real classic car? Would it be positive or negative?

I would like to be able to drive this car with pride as i'm sure you all do.

I'm just wanting to see what your reactions would be??

Thanks for all your opinions in advance.

When will you get your car?

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 09:02:45 am »
Hey boys,

I have recently just purchased a 65 coupe and am excited for it to finally arrive here and get started working on it.

Only issue is i'm an 18 year old and i was just wondering how people are going to take such a young bloke driving a real classic car? Would it be positive or negative?

I would like to be able to drive this car with pride as i'm sure you all do.

I'm just wanting to see what your reactions would be??

Thanks for all your opinions in advance.

When will you get your car?

They have an ETA at the moment of either dead end of July or first week in August. So hopefully it should be hear really soon.

Can't wait to finally get it here.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:24 am »
Dont forget to put up a post when you get it :( I will come around and have a look see :p

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 10:42:41 am »
Originally posted by MUSTANG664
I can not work out the younger generation.  One of my boys dosen't like my Musatng and wont even let me take/pick him up from anywhere.  When I take him to the skate park he makes me drop him off around the corner.  I know all his mate love it but I can not work him out.  
I would have loved to have owned a Stang at 18.

LOL. I Know the feeling - but I don't think its the car he doesn't want to be seen in - he doesn't want to be seen being dropped off by Dad!!!

Offline boo81

• Pony
18yo
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 11:20:11 am »
Welcome!
I am sure you will get lots of jealous people wishing they had a stang :(

I wish I got into cars when I was a bit younger... I am 26 and must have had a quarter life crisis, because all of the sudden I am into cars and bikes something silly... but it's all good fun! :p

Offline 67STANG4ME

• Pony
18yo
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 09:51:27 pm »
sorry but i have been cracking up here 65 pony:+
i am 32 and im a femail, you could imagine the crap i have copen since i bought my stang about 3 months ago h ah ah a
who cares, i say. you only live once, so why not enjoy it
good luck with it and enjoy driving :(

Offline 67STANG4ME

• Pony
18yo
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »
i just realised my spelling mistakes, that was female and copped not copen
should put a brighter light in here lol:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
18yo
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »
Originally posted by 68pony
Yeah mate i get more than enough attention just because i have P plates on my car, i drive a <b>[Censored]</b> box at the moment but it seems that i can't drive down the street without getting pulled over for a "random breathe test".

Haha yeah i know the feeling ScottQld, when i first told my mates, alot of them knew exactly what it was and some of them looked at me with a really dumb look on their face. I couldn't believe it! And don't worry ive done my research, ever since i was about 10 ive wanted one of these cars and have read almost every book or bit of info on them haha but i guess book knowledge defiently is not everything when it comes to these car.

HEVEN67 i would love to come drag racing one day, give the old beast a thrash haha don't know if i could keep up with you boyz but i'd give it a go all the same.

Thanks for all you input guys and im sure when its fully registered and everything i'll be joining you guys out for a nice drive.

cmon hev im waiting:+:+

351 windsor auto 285 rwhp, 12.8 qtr mile
289 windsor manual 324 rwhp , 13.3 qtr mile

How does that work? :[

Heven, looking for help here :o

OPS sorry dDave I Have just worked this one out....Kilojules of Kinetic energy........TORQUE..hes got more cubes once he has traction! You need TRACTION AND YOULL HAULL SOME ASS!
A..12 is even money

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline TOYBOS

• Stallion
    • [IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z218/TOYBOS/P1010003.jpg[/IMG]
18yo
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »
mr 65 pony all i can advise is when you do get to meet us all. you will soon realize no matter if you are 18 or 80 we are all the same age when we are behind the wheels of our beloved cars, ive seen 50yr old gentlemen become 18 yr old rev heads and 18yr old kids become 50yr old gentlemen when driving.

just invision your car the way you want it and go for it. If you need help or info, well these guys are the ones you need to talk to.

just remember everyone WILL offers advise good or bad. Have fun with your car and come for a cruise with us all some time.  

Offline Audrey

• Stallion
18yo
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 11:41:20 pm »
hey buddy,

I just got my first mustang just recently and like you ive wanted one since i was a little kid!
I think its great us younger people have an appreciation for classic cars!
Bring it on I say :);{

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 09:25:43 pm »
Is it here yet?

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 09:37:41 pm »
the ship is in and it has been taken off the boat.

jst has to clear quarantine and it's all mine.

i got the towie on speed dial haha.

but they hav given me an ETA of wednesday arvo or thursday so hopefully i got it by the weekend!!

cant wait!!!

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2008, 09:26:29 am »
Did you get my my U2U?

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2008, 05:10:51 pm »
Any pictures?

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
18yo
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 06:27:36 pm »
Good to meet you Joel (And the family). :(

Next time I come around when we can go for a spin.(In your car or mine, which ever suits)

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
18yo
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:50 pm »
Good to meet you Joel (And the family). :(

Next time I come around when we can go for a spin.(In your car or mine, which ever suits)

You too mate.

Yep for sure, hopefully she'll be on the road in the coming weeks so i'll be able to drive :D

And i'd defiently like to go for a spin in that beast of yours! Sounded great going down the road!!