2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397317 times)

Offline Bigbomber77

• Stallion
  • Embrace the mid life crisis
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »
Mwizz
Ours has been in use as daily drive for almost a month now (2000km) with almost fully grown teenagers in and out of the back seat daily. No complaints though most trips have been short.  They are eager to be in it. If you want space clearly there are better cars but most people are willing to suffer for fashion, my teenagers are no exception.

Cheers
BB

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »
Thats good news as I have one on order and was wondering whether the back seat would be able to be used for anything other than small children so it is good to hear that you can use it.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »
We've had 4 adults in the vert - shorter legs (ladies) in the back, front needs to give up a bit but still ok for short to medium trips.

I'm 6' and have enough room when driving.

Cheers

J

Thanks J

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Neil
« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2016, 06:23:38 am »
You mention you took your family so I assume that the back seat was used. If so I am interested in knowing how it went with passengers in the back seat.

Not too many complaints from my son - but he is only 20 months old =)

I've sat in the back, I'm 5'6" and it was fine, although my head was touching the glass slightly.
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red

Offline Murkyrat

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:06 pm »
Just saw about 4 car carriers about to leave the melbourne docks. I was on a boat on the river and spotted them. There was about another dozen waiting to be loaded onto the trucks.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »
Just wondering how long before your cars were built that you were advised of the VIN. Mine is due to be built in March apparently so hoping i will hear soon.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #606 on: February 02, 2016, 08:37:20 am »
Just wondering how long before your cars were built that you were advised of the VIN. Mine is due to be built in March apparently so hoping i will hear soon.

Mine was ordered in March, built in December, and I had to ring the dealer to get the VIN in January.

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #607 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:59 am »
My wife cracks me up, she was asking me a couple of days ago how many horse power the Mustang has and I kind of brushed it off - but thenI discovered why...

She runs an embroidery and sewing business in her free time and is a rather creative little chickie lol

Offline RYN00S

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #608 on: February 02, 2016, 10:40:43 am »
Finally some good news.

I order my GT FB in March 15.
It was built on the 18th December 2015
Just checked WWL and the  :event: will be on the FAUST leaving Baltimore on 10th Feb (with 113 other  :event:'s)
It will reach port in Port Kembla on the 14th March (those of you from Melb, it is due to port there on the 16th Mar).
Hopefully I take possession early April...

Offline Jarv23

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #609 on: February 02, 2016, 02:13:36 pm »
Hi there, first time caller so hopefully this posts ok.

I ordered my Mustang from City Ford Sydney in Mar 2015 and have had zero feedback whatsoever since they happily took my deposit 10 months ago. Thanks to this forum and updates from members, I've had way more info here than from Ford, so wanted to add my expected delivery date details for others who are interested.

I made my monthly call to 13FORD today and I finally got a VIN number, an estimated build date of w/c 22nd Feb and an ETA at the dealership of 12 weeks after build, so I'm hoping it will be here before the end of May! That will make it a total of 14 months from when I placed my order, but given I've waited this long, another couple of months is not really an issue.

Thanks to other posters I will use the online tracking tools etc provided in this forum once my 'Stang has been built and provide a further update in a few weeks time.

Happy driving to those who have already received their beasts and good luck to those who are still waiting!!

Cheers

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #610 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:03 pm »
I finally got a VIN number, an estimated build date of w/c 22nd Feb and an ETA at the dealership of 12 weeks after build,

Welcome - you have the same forecast build date as me (black GT), I don't have a VIN yet but have been told delivery of 14th May (to Perth)

cheers

greg

Offline RYN00S

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »
Jarv22 Gbader.

Enter your VIN here http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html and you can generate a copy of the Window Sticker that will appear on your car.

Offline Scott66

• Worked
  • 66 GT Coupe
« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »
My wife cracks me up, she was asking me a couple of days ago how many horse power the Mustang has and I kind of brushed it off - but thenI discovered why...

She runs an embroidery and sewing business in her free time and is a rather creative little chickie lol

Thats gold!!  :thumb:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »
Made some enquiries today and finally got a build date of 3 March with an expected delivery date of 11 June.

Offline Jarv23

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #614 on: February 03, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »
Welcome - you have the same forecast build date as me (black GT), I don't have a VIN yet but have been told delivery of 14th May (to Perth)

cheers

greg

Thanks Greg, here's hoping mine gets here mid-May like yours! Chase up your VIN with Ford HQ directly, my understanding is they are released 3-4 weeks prior to expected build date, make sure you give them your Ford Order number which you can get from your Dealer. They won't be able to answer you straight away, but they have a Mustang Team who will give you a call back within 24 hours.

Cheers,

JJ

Offline Jarv23

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #615 on: February 03, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
Jarv22 Gbader.

Enter your VIN here http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html and you can generate a copy of the Window Sticker that will appear on your car.

Thanks Ryan,

Yep found this link here in the forum, along with a couple of other useful links like the www.etis.ford.com which allows you to check the details of your order with a VIN number on the official Ford Order site.

Cheers,

JJ

Offline xpiggy

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: brendan
« Reply #616 on: February 03, 2016, 05:35:35 pm »
Just wondering what people paid for a Gt coupe auto that ordered back in 2014 before the prices went up. Mines due in a week and just want to make sure I don't overpay
Cheers :event:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #617 on: February 03, 2016, 10:58:55 pm »
I don't know about delivery but boy I can't believe how many are on the net for sale for inflated prices .  I saw one for $95,000    :thud: .  People are saying why wait 12 mths and pay around $65k  with all on road costs when you can buy mine now for $95k   :grin: what a joke .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:29:03 am by GLENN 70 »

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #618 on: February 03, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
I don't know about delivery but boy I can't believe how many are on the net for sale for inflated prices .  I saw one for $95,000    :thud: .  People are saying why wait 12 mths and pay around $62k  with all on road costs when you can buy mine now for $95k   :grin: what a joke .
I especially like the parts they say "basically delivery only km at 150km" or words to that effect... the k's on the cars will be hard and tough.

Offline 6508k

• Worked
« Reply #619 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:45 am »

Ford is also saying that after feb they are introducing a supercharger and exhaust optional upgrade that is factory installed.

Do you have any more info on this ???

Offline 6508k

• Worked
« Reply #620 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:28 am »
The Roush Performance and body kit options will be available to be purchased and installed through your local dealership and retain factory warranty - I believe there is also talk that the Shelby options may be on the cards too, although I am not sure what that would mean for the likes of Mustang Motorsport.

I like the idea of one stop shopping .  The dealer installed option means less hassle , if there are any problems down the track . :thumb:

Offline Eleanor15

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Anton
« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:51 am »
Hi there, first time caller so hopefully this posts ok.

I ordered my Mustang from City Ford Sydney in Mar 2015 and have had zero feedback whatsoever since they happily took my deposit 10 months ago. Thanks to this forum and updates from members, I've had way more info here than from Ford, so wanted to add my expected delivery date details for others who are interested.

I made my monthly call to 13FORD today and I finally got a VIN number, an estimated build date of w/c 22nd Feb and an ETA at the dealership of 12 weeks after build, so I'm hoping it will be here before the end of May! That will make it a total of 14 months from when I placed my order, but given I've waited this long, another couple of months is not really an issue.

Thanks to other posters I will use the online tracking tools etc provided in this forum once my 'Stang has been built and provide a further update in a few weeks time.

Happy driving to those who have already received their beasts and good luck to those who are still waiting!!

Cheers

Hi Jarv,

Also new here. I was just wondering what info you need to provide when ringing 13FORD. I ordered my mustang last April and also have gotten zero feedback regarding my order. They rang me at the beginning of December to sign a waiver to allow FORD in the USA to contact me directly, but I am yet to receive anything yet.

Cheers

Offline Zerky

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »
Hi all I order mine on the 5/5/15 may, and have received nothing at from ford?
I just rang them and was told they only have records back to April? what the?
Has any one order around the same time had any more luck.

Thanks.

Offline dingobreath

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2016, 07:38:56 pm »
Just wondering what people paid for a Gt coupe auto that ordered back in 2014 before the prices went up. Mines due in a week and just want to make sure I don't overpay
Cheers :event:

Depends, is yours a manual or automatic. If you ordered a manual GT I wouldn't pay over 64K drive away after the price increase. Take note on the dealer delivery, that is the only thing you will probably be able to haggle down.

Offline shawnd

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Shawn
« Reply #624 on: February 07, 2016, 01:08:20 am »
Hi All,

Just joined the forum.

Only just placed my order last Wednesday. Ruby Red GT Convertible!

Praying it will arrive sooner than expected!!