2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397239 times)

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #525 on: January 12, 2016, 07:32:11 pm »
Exciting times that's for sure!!
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #526 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »
Well lads I'm excited went to the dealer today to talk about some other options and saw my car getting offloaded of the truck! ha somehow don't think the dealer was too happy me walking into his yard but I just couldn't take no for an answer!!! now its just the painfull wait until Friday!

I smell a rat...my car was on the same ship, Torrens, off loaded in Port Kembla last Friday 8th.
So Ryan & Neil, both cars arrived in Brisbane on 10th, proposed deliverey to you both on the 15th? My car was dropped off in Port Kembla on 8th, dealer says Ford need the car for 10 working days which takes it thru to 22nd, then weekend, then predelivery so my expected delivery is 27th? I ask myself why would Ford need the car 10 WORKING DAYS?.....Sounds like it's been damaged? 10 working days is a sign, damage assessment, repair authorisation, repair...any minor rectification takes exactly that time...working in my sons' repair shop gives me this knowledge....I hope I'm having a VERY VERY bad dream!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:32:00 pm by GT Sally »
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #527 on: January 12, 2016, 10:24:18 pm »
Have you been in contact with your dealer? apart from mine been very dirty it looked pretty good. I hope this is not the case for you anyways. over all mine turned up much earlier then ford said it would but on the other hand it still came with the wrong motor in it which we are now just going to accept that and enjoy what we have. I'm thinking a turbo kit for it but there goes ford warrantey  :smash:
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Neil
« Reply #528 on: January 12, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
My dealer told me it could take up to 10 days from the port as the first car they got took 10 days. But the first one was due to Ford Aus coordinating delivery with all the national dealers for the first drop. Ford Aus are only notifying the local dealer when the car is loaded on a delivery truck so you may find that you get a all saying "oh sh*t, your car will be here tomorrow". Stay strong bro - it's all worth =)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2016, 06:54:39 am »
........... so you may find that you get a all saying "oh sh*t, your car will be here tomorrow". Stay strong bro - it's all worth =)
I'm hoping this is the case Neil....none the less, I will take a vehicle repairer (my son) with me for inspection.
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #530 on: January 15, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »
Well someone was a lucky boy today and picked up a new black conv  at the southport ford dealership .  And lucky it was a conv because his head was swollen  to twice the normal size I recon .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:45:51 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2016, 09:41:41 pm »
Ha this guy ^^^^^ It's ok Glenn I'll let you take it for a drive!  :thumb:
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2016, 09:42:55 pm »
Congrats

Offline IngotGT

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Brad
« Reply #533 on: January 20, 2016, 02:06:51 am »
Hi All
Call To Ford today to follow up my new GT Mustang found out it was built on the 15th Jan and currently on truck from Detroit to Baltimore to get on a boat to Melbourne that's great news.
Bit annoying having to chase them all the time for info
Question for anybody of you lucky people who have allready got your cars
Does your GT V8 have hood vents as per the original brochure web site etc that I revived when I bought it?
Also the rear has a round GT emblem? Not the GT as per the US?
All the pics I have seen seem to be without?
What are your thoughts as to the changes for Aus?
Can anybody post some pics of your car?
cheers Brad

Offline dingobreath

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #534 on: January 20, 2016, 02:35:27 am »
Hi All
Call To Ford today to follow up my new GT Mustang found out it was built on the 15th Jan and currently on truck from Detroit to Baltimore to get on a boat to Melbourne that's great news.
Bit annoying having to chase them all the time for info
Question for anybody of you lucky people who have allready got your cars
Does your GT V8 have hood vents as per the original brochure web site etc that I revived when I bought it?
Also the rear has a round GT emblem? Not the GT as per the US?
All the pics I have seen seem to be without?
What are your thoughts as to the changes for Aus?
Can anybody post some pics of your car?
cheers Brad

The hood vents are for those vehicles that commenced assembly in 2016 for RHD models. So far it seems Australia is getting the round badge with the GT emblem in it. I don't have mine yet, but am disappointed with everything taken out or disabled for the OZ versions.

I will definately be customising mine with louvers, side stripes and red rear lights.

Ford is also saying that after feb they are introducing a supercharger and exhaust optional upgrade that is factory installed.

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #535 on: January 20, 2016, 04:15:28 am »
Ford is also saying that after feb they are introducing a supercharger and exhaust optional upgrade that is factory installed.

The Roush Performance and body kit options will be available to be purchased and installed through your local dealership and retain factory warranty - I believe there is also talk that the Shelby options may be on the cards too, although I am not sure what that would mean for the likes of Mustang Motorsport.

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:00 am »
Seems the interest in Mustang deliveries has gone of the boil. Mine was apparently off loaded in Port Kembla on the 12th January. Have not had one ounce of info from Ford Australia. I had to ring them and the girl that returned my call was not from the Mustang delivery team, she did give me my VIN number from which I tracked my car via the www.2wglobal.com website. So much for Ford Australia keeping their customers in the loop. My dealer knows as much as me currently. Will be interesting to see how long the vehicle takes to turn up at the dealership.

Offline IngotGT

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #537 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:39 am »
I have to wait an additional 10 days for it to get to Perth..
I bought these from CJ Pony parts to address a few cosmetics.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-2015-2016/p/LPB39/
http://www.cjponyparts.com/complete-front-and-rear-light-tint-kit-without-50th-anniversary-tail-lights-2015-2016/p/TKC12/
http://www.cjponyparts.com/roush-quarter-panel-side-scoop-pair-2015-2016/p/SSS11-V/
Don't want holes drilled in the front bumper and those ford number plate holders look really average
Have to get the side panel painted as well after she comes to make sure of the colour match.
Just have to make sure the dealer uses it!!!
Other mod will be a vinyl roof wrap.
Like I said FORD Aus seems pretty loose with its best first customers of the Mustang.
Dissatisfied with their enthusiasm

Offline Dad

• Worked
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2016, 12:33:04 pm »
I've got a NSC number (I think) but what can it tell me ?

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

The NSC number can get you estimated month of production which could be 6 months in future. Best to send a message to Ford AU with your NSC number... I had to do the same steps
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2016, 07:37:17 pm »

When I sent a query email to Ford Australia they responded asking for my NSC number. Apparently they couldn't look up my order using my name. I didn't have the NSC number and had to ring my dealer to ask what it was. I advised Ford after I got it but in the end they told me they didn't know anything until Ford US told them.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »
Seems the interest in Mustang deliveries has gone of the boil. Mine was apparently off loaded in Port Kembla on the 12th January. Have not had one ounce of info from Ford Australia. I had to ring them and the girl that returned my call was not from the Mustang delivery team, she did give me my VIN number from which I tracked my car via the www.2wglobal.com website. So much for Ford Australia keeping their customers in the loop. My dealer knows as much as me currently. Will be interesting to see how long the vehicle takes to turn up at the dealership.
Mine also in PK on that date. My dealer did call me on 11th & said Ford keep the car 10 working days after delivery from shipping Co before it will be transported to him (Rockdale, Sydney). Talking to a friend on Saturday, he told me his mate transports vehicles, Ford has a holding depot Western Sydney (Minto or near by), where predelivery & rectifications are carried out, so my dealer is expecting delivery of my car early next week. Sounds odd as 2 guys in Brisbane (Ryan & Neil) took delivery last Friday & there cars were on the same ship as ours!

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2016, 08:58:44 pm »
Brad, talk to Vince Shirvington at MrMustang in Myaree, he has designed a front plate mount for the new Mustangs. I understand he has an order being manufactured in China and plans are to supply Ford dealerships around Australia. Cheers, Colin
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline IngotGT

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:04 am »
Will do I have the cjpony deliverd now but looking at it the height might be too big for the slimline plate.
Will wait till I get the car I am used to waiting now...
Dealer rang me today and delivery is scheduled April 9
At least it's not April 1.!!
Thanks Colin
Brad

Offline SMH00N

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Stephen
  • Car: 70 Sportsroof Grabber pac
« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2016, 07:46:36 am »
Mine also in PK on that date. My dealer did call me on 11th & said Ford keep the car 10 working days after delivery from shipping Co before it will be transported to him (Rockdale, Sydney). Talking to a friend on Saturday, he told me his mate transports vehicles, Ford has a holding depot Western Sydney (Minto or near by), where predelivery & rectifications are carried out, so my dealer is expecting delivery of my car early next week. Sounds odd as 2 guys in Brisbane (Ryan & Neil) took delivery last Friday & there cars were on the same ship as ours!

Drive.com.au has a story on the burnout mode today. Last line is interesting: "From what they wanted us to ship here that was not something we could ship"
Maybe the full 10 days are needed for the man with a laptop to plug in and disable Burnout mode?

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2016, 08:10:27 am »
Sounds odd as 2 guys in Brisbane (Ryan & Neil) took delivery last Friday & there cars were on the same ship as ours!

It turned out that mine wasn't on that ship after all and ended up hitching a ride on the train instead. However my dealer had their ecoboost demo on the ship and it arrived at the dealer on Friday last week whereas mine arrived on Tuesday.

Offline Dad

• Worked
« Reply #546 on: January 21, 2016, 10:36:43 am »
When I sent a query email to Ford Australia they responded asking for my NSC number. Apparently they couldn't look up my order using my name. I didn't have the NSC number and had to ring my dealer to ask what it was. I advised Ford after I got it but in the end they told me they didn't know anything until Ford US told them.

I actually got my NSC number from Ford Australia FB and they gave me estimated build date. All I gave them was name of dealer, my name, specs of car. Ask my dealer to confirm NSC is correct and they say there is no name against the NSC and "projected build month:calculation currently not possible".

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
My dealer checked with Ford Australia today who advised that my car would most likely be built in March as it is the last month for building the priority orders (those orders placed before end March 2015). So that will make it 12 months between order and build and then however long it will take to get here.

Offline RuffCoupe

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2016, 12:59:34 pm »
My dealer checked with Ford Australia today who advised that my car would most likely be built in March as it is the last month for building the priority orders (those orders placed before end March 2015). So that will make it 12 months between order and build and then however long it will take to get here.

Sounds about right - we ordered in Oct 2014, built on 15 Sept 2015 and delivered to dealer 3rd week of Dec 2015.

Fair enough for testing the market but Ford will need to pull their finger out and build some decent numbers, especially with them selling to India now - probably the most populated country on earth.

Interesting to see how things go from here.

Cheers

J

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2016, 05:16:45 pm »
Drive.com.au has a story on the burnout mode today. Last line is interesting: "From what they wanted us to ship here that was not something we could ship"
Maybe the full 10 days are needed for the man with a laptop to plug in and disable Burnout mode?

Get an Cobb access port mate on the review I've seen u can turn it back on Pluss do all the tunes to your car yourself. Not only that check for faults and clear codes. $500 well spent I think for 4cyl cars.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars