What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656862 times)

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #1000 on: March 30, 2014, 09:07:05 pm »
Nice looking car

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #1001 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:26 pm »
Took the  Boss for a nice drive to help run it in.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #1002 on: March 30, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »
Took the  Boss for a nice drive to help run it in.

What do you mean a nice drive to run it in! treat them mean keep them keen.

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #1003 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »
Met up with 7 Mustangs and 13 others from the Central Coast Chapter at the Big Prawn near Nords Wharf, drove in convoy to our reserved parking at the Belmont 16 Footers Club where we met a further 6 Mustangs for a total of 13 cars and 25 friends for a great lunch!

IMG

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1004 on: April 01, 2014, 07:27:10 pm »
Found some quiet roads to sort out the kick down, then drove, drove, and drove some more... Then got some fuel and kept driving! :grin:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1005 on: April 01, 2014, 08:02:14 pm »
Got the Seducer out from under its cover and joined BossHogg on the run to Belmont 16footers where we met up with other members from the Central Coast Brumbys and Newcastle Chapter for a nice lunch overlooking the waters of Lake Macquarie. Finished up with 32 members enjoying each others company.
Got home to find a 69 Mach 1 sitting in my drive and thought I was getting an early Birthday pressie.But not to be . A local couple had just purchased it and were looking for some info.looked like a nice ride.Possible future members.
Stormin

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #1006 on: April 01, 2014, 09:05:27 pm »
Tim and I had enough of trying to get my electronic dizzy sorted so we went back to the old dizzy with points. At least it is running again. Think all along my problem may have been crap in the petrol got through to the carby. Thanks for the help Tim.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #1007 on: April 03, 2014, 05:52:53 pm »
Got the front end lowered on the Boss with new springs.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #1008 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:14 am »
Started to prepare the green machine for Nationals which is only a couple of weeks away,  :evilone:
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Ron Mexico

• no traction
  • Worked
« Reply #1009 on: April 04, 2014, 08:50:27 am »
GREAT RIMS - American Racing? What type?

American racing torque thrust 2 polished
17x8 back
17x7 front
1965 Mustang Factory GT Coupe

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1010 on: April 04, 2014, 12:43:29 pm »
Got the Seducer out from under its cover and joined BossHogg on the run to Belmont 16footers where we met up with other members from the Central Coast Brumbys and Newcastle Chapter for a nice lunch overlooking the waters of Lake Macquarie. Finished up with 32 members enjoying each others company.
Got home to find a 69 Mach 1 sitting in my drive and thought I was getting an early Birthday pressie.But not to be . A local couple had just purchased it and were looking for some info.looked like a nice ride.Possible future members.
Stormin

Tell me more of the smart person who has joined the Mach 1 brigade :evilone:
IMG

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #1011 on: April 04, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »
Rewired oil pressure guage. Just doing a few smaller maintenance jobs in preparation for our 3+ hr trip to the 2014 Geelong Nationals at Easter.  :drool: :thumb:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Wobbly

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #1012 on: April 06, 2014, 10:04:43 pm »
Tuned the holley 600 and fixed it's fuel leak (I hope) adjusted the timing. Went around the block and took a couple of pics after a wash and polish. Next stage of the project is to upgrade the steering and suspension.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1013 on: April 07, 2014, 08:16:35 am »
Cleaned & Detailed the engine bay and boot area.  that's two areas down and few more to go before heading off the Nationals next Thursday.  :evilone:
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1014 on: April 07, 2014, 10:35:34 am »
Yesterday;
Went over to a 'not-so-car-obsessed' mate's place to help him diagnose what's wrong with his Falcon.....
Who knew 40+ year old Fords are more reliable than 10 year old Fords?? :lmao:

After that we went out in the Stang for a cruise...
Spotted MY 390 heading over to Riddells Creek so we decided to follow along for a quick catch up.
Then we saw a very mean sounding 68 SS Camaro convertible, it was burgundy with white rally stripes... Wrong pony car, but it sounded pretty nice!
Then we saw a gorgeous black on black 65 T'Bird convertible and on the way home I spotted a 63 Galaxie 'vert and an HQ Monaro.....

.... You'd think after seeing all those 'verts I'd want one.. Especially on a day like that when the sun's out and there's not a cloud in the sky!
... Not really, I love my coupe, I just wish I had a V8 so I could keep up better!! :nopity:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1015 on: April 07, 2014, 10:38:16 am »
I went to the local Early Falcon club drive, noticed a Cragar centre cap missing and ordered another, washed it and wrapped it back in moth balls.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline anfo99

• Worked
  • MOCA Nova Member
  • Name: Anthony
« Reply #1016 on: April 07, 2014, 10:53:26 am »
cleaned, painted and cleared the seat tracks, cleaned and painted the rods for the interior liner
Anfo - Starting to enjoy driving her!
"Do what you want to do, be what you wanna be..."
Masters Apprentices
6R07C

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1017 on: April 07, 2014, 11:00:29 am »
Yesterday;
Went over to a 'not-so-car-obsessed' mate's place to help him diagnose what's wrong with his Falcon.....
Who knew 40+ year old Fords are more reliable than 10 year old Fords?? :lmao:

After that we went out in the Stang for a cruise...
Spotted MY 390 heading over to Riddells Creek so we decided to follow along for a quick catch up.
Then we saw a very mean sounding 68 SS Camaro convertible, it was burgundy with white rally stripes... Wrong pony car, but it sounded pretty nice!
Then we saw a gorgeous black on black 65 T'Bird convertible and on the way home I spotted a 63 Galaxie 'vert and an HQ Monaro.....

.... You'd think after seeing all those 'verts I'd want one.. Especially on a day like that when the sun's out and there's not a cloud in the sky!
... Not really, I love my coupe, I just wish I had a V8 so I could keep up better!! :nopity:

I converted my T code to a V8 but only because when I bought it the 6 had been removed and I was supplied with a V8 that was outside the car. You can still have fun in a six and a six will move very fast with some work to the motor, in any case if you can't keep up, you'll eventually find them as they are getting their speeding tickets issued, that always slows them down in the end.. There is a club called Mustang 6, it was started by a member of VMF here is the link http://m6a.vpweb.com/
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1018 on: April 07, 2014, 11:28:45 am »
I converted my T code to a V8 but only because when I bought it the 6 had been removed and I was supplied with a V8 that was outside the car. You can still have fun in a six and a six will move very fast with some work to the motor, in any case if you can't keep up, you'll eventually find them as they are getting their speeding tickets issued, that always slows them down in the end.. There is a club called Mustang 6, it was started by a member of VMF here is the link http://m6a.vpweb.com/

It's not even that it won't cruise at 110km/hr, it'll do that happily all day.... As long as there's fuel in the tank... :bolt:
But coming out of the corners, the V8s pull away MUCH faster...

Maybe I'll just have to rebuild the 6 and keep it running, and just get a V8 fastback as well. :lol:
.. I do like the look of triple side-draft webers though! :drool:

Never heard of the M6A group... Plenty about modding I6s on classicinlines.com though..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:38:42 am by JT_1994 »
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #1019 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »
Greased and checked all the front end, getting ready to cruise to the FORD Mustang 50th anniversary celebrations on Saturday  :thumb:

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1020 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:35 pm »
Cleaned some more this time started work on the undercarriage today,  even the young bloke come out to the shed to lend a hand which is pretty cool.   :thumb:

Offline skev

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1021 on: April 09, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »
Replaced the brake booster, without a word of a lie it almost threw me through the windscreen when I test drove it. Also noticed a drip coming from a rubber fuel hose. Found it had a small split, replaced it, feeling a bit lucky. When I test drove it it wouldn't change up into 3rd, and.was.missing. On inspection found the vacuum hose off the modulator, must have given it a,nudge when I pulled the booster out.
67 Convertible

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #1022 on: April 09, 2014, 04:08:06 pm »
Tidied up the engine bay and replaced all the brittle old electrical tape with Painless Classic Braid - reckon this stuff is great. http://www.cjponyparts.com/painless-performance-wire-sleeving-classic-braid-20-feet/p/WHC13-V/
Replacement NOS engine oil cap with correct metal elbow and a new air cleaner.  :smile01:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:31:33 pm by 68Coupe »

Offline Ron Mexico

• no traction
  • Worked
« Reply #1023 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:47 pm »
Went to get a wheel alignment and found out my upper ball joints are faulty. Weird as they are only a few months old. A fail for Scott drake on this account.

So I've decided to replace them with some Teflon based ones on both upper and lower control arms.
Then I'll get my alignment done.

1965 Mustang Factory GT Coupe

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1024 on: April 09, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »
Changed the oil and filters, had a bit of a clean up under the bonnet. Cleaned these three of our cars! Pizza time!
IMG