Good BRISBANE Mustang mechanic

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Good BRISBANE Mustang mechanic  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Jimrishworth

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Jim Rishwort
  • Car: 1972 Mustang Sprint
Good BRISBANE Mustang mechanic
« on: July 14, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »
Hi, I have. 1972 Mustang Sprint with a 302 V8 and I’m looking for a good old school mechanic who can tune and diagnose problems in Brisbane (south west preferably). Any suggestions? I’m fussy given it’s my pride and joy! Thanks Jim

Offline Xrayman

• Worked
  • Fatigued - sick of overtime
Re: Good BRISBANE Mustang mechanic
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:57 pm »
Hmmm... as no-one else has volunteered any after a day, and I've been lurking here for ages without posting, I would offer Halverson's motors ph 3281350, but they are in Redcliffe, not SW Brisbane. I think John Green has retired (?) - I could be wrong, I think he was in Wynnum.....
Aaron

what is essential is invisible to the eye

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:27 pm »
Southside Dyno,   at Slacks Creek,  work on plenty of classics, even own 3 Mustangs themselves

Offline Tempest

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 07:55:13 pm »
 :agree:

Southside dyno  :thumb:

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:18:25 pm »
Hi Jim,
Here is my two bob's worth.
There are plenty of Mustangs in Australia but they are scattered all over the country and just not enough per capital city for any mechanics to specialize in the one brand. i am in Sydney and been an old school mechanic for the last 40 years and specialize in US muscle cars, know everything about old Mustangs but I still have to fix Corvettes, Camaros, Studebakers, Cadillacs, Thunderbirds, even Pontiacs (no offence)to survive. What you need to do is get involved with members of this forum and get to know people like Glenn70 and Shaunp and get a crash cource in basic mechanichs so you can understand how to fix your own car. You are an enthousiast after all, love your classic car, so learn how to fix simple problems yourself. If things get complicated..... post your problem and someone here will fix it for you.
Cheers.   

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 07:28:50 pm »
They are a dying breed 😥 . Yes maybe Southside dyno .