What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656766 times)

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »
Andrew,

I found an old thread which linked to http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm about led bulbs. I am looking at some leds for my car, and are as per the pics. The first is both white with parkers on and turns to amber when indicating, so you keep your clear lense. The second is for the brake light. 

Hi Dino,

I had seen these as well, went with the Mustang Project LED's. More costly, but the advantage of the plate style over the bulbs is that all the light is directed forward out the lens rather than most of it to the sides, plus you get more LED lamps. One disadvantage was that you had to disassemble the tail light housing to put the plate in. The reverse/indicator LED plates just plugged straight in and also kept the clear lens. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:31:20 pm by 68Coupe »

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2013, 03:50:50 pm »
not much really as its in the shop but I did watch "Married with Children - Have you driven a ford lately" (1987).  I watched this episode when I was 9 years of age and it was the first time I fell in love with the pony.

I was looking great in my day dream and then a striped car came out of nowhere with it's siren on and you'd never guess the cop was ? ,  my Mrs. My Convertible will be on the road in a month and a half, you can believe my wife will be the only female passenger I'll be driving around, It's still pretty exciting that Jewel wants to ride with me though, we haven't lost it yet.

The clip did capture a moment though.

Cheers

Paul  :thumb:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »
Last night I installed the Convertible Top Boot

1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2013, 02:36:14 pm »
Today it got a post running in tighten up of the new rollercam 5.0L engine and the kickdown adjusted, too.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:11 pm »
last night I installed the door trim on passenger side, installed the armrests, tricky locating the holes for the screws that hold the armrests after the door trim goes on because the door trim does not have the holes in it. I also polished some of the chrome. I also took the plastic 289 badges off the hood.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:36 am »

looking great mate but what is it behind the grille that is bright yellow Paul, is that your battery...............maybe a coat of black paint on it might look better. Just looks odd.......... :thumb:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2013, 10:15:23 am »
Hertz, that paintin job is on my list.

Don't you hate working at night when things move around on their own? Last night never went so well, I was installing the dash pad, should not be an overly difficult job but I manged to find a way to take a step forward and two steps back, lost a nut from one side of the dash pad that anchors the pad to the metal. In my frustration at wanting to finish the install I used a nilux nut that was obviously the wrong thread and locked it on the shaft. Now the shaft turns and I cant get that nut back off. Unfortunately for my mechanic,who is holidaying again ( can't imagine what he's trying to get away from all the time LOL) , I'm leaving it alone so he can fix it when he gets back. It adds some understanding why, when people say, how much if I help do the work, the price goes up instead of down sometimes.  :grin:

Offline ScottW

• Worked
  • Fence Sitter
« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »
I installed a new indicator switch on my 65 today.  I've been putting it off for a month as I thought it would be a hard one, but it was fairly simple in the end and took about an hour.  Now my right rear indicator and brake light work!  I also swapped my fuel sender over again, so now there's one with the correct ohm's in there.  First time in 2 years I've had a working fuel gauge.  Not a bad Saturday in all   :smile01:

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2013, 10:30:59 pm »
i want to change the topic to "When did you last drive your mustang?" for the benefit of Sydney drivers
bloody rain just wont stop....
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2013, 11:20:37 pm »
Found out my mustang was no more than 6cm off the ground... have to raise it up me finks   :nopity:
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2013, 11:53:14 am »
Got my tacho hooked up and working. Got all the interior lights working properly and just about to go down and vacumn her out before putting the seats back in. That's if I can fight the ducks off getting to the barn
Stormin

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »
Had a great cruise to Kyneton with 20 other Vic cars. Started a bit cloudy but ended a beautiful sunny arvo. All up 320 klms for us.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2013, 09:11:27 pm »
Got her all cleaned on the inside am now waiting for the sunshine tomorrow for the wash and then she'll be ready for the Xmas in July weekend with MOCANSW next weekend. Even got my Xmas hat ready.
Stormin

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:39 am »
Put a thermostat in (turns out it didn't have one in at all) so now it runs at normal temp instead of stone cold on the gauge (runs at 180 - 185 F by the infrared temp gun instead of 160-165).  Thought the heater might be warmer now but of course not. I'm not game to flush the heater core cause soon as I do it'll start leaking for sure - so says Murphy.   Also fitted up a new rad overflow/recovery bottle since the old one was cracked.  Shined up the rad cap for good measure  :grin:
Ken

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #364 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:32 am »
Ordered a new Roller cam, lifters and rockers from Summit. :burnout:

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #365 on: July 01, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »
i want to change the topic to "When did you last drive your mustang?" for the benefit of Sydney drivers
bloody rain just wont stop....

Then that topic would be "When did you last use your submarine" :grin:

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2013, 05:46:50 pm »
Took the beast out for a run to make sure she was OK for the weekend. Then fired up the 65 F/B for its run to the old cafe at Peats Ridge with the Sydney siders tomorrow. The beauty of being retired.
Stormin

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »
Registered it and drove it for the first time as a registered car, I only did approx 30 KLms before dark, headlights have not been adjusted yet so did not want to blind anybody so made sure I was home.
Off to be dyno tuned tomorrow and won't see it back till Friday afternoon so had to get a bit of fun out of it today
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »
Gave a couple of them a bath. nice and shiny now under their covers.
Stormin

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
69ISH well its about B time ,ha ha ,good to see it on the road .

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »
69ISH well its about B time ,ha ha ,good to see it on the road .
Its wearing the 69ISH plates off the "Eliminator" as well and surprisingly they actually look good in the black and yellow colour scheme.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »
69ISH ,did you adjust the front and rear pumps on the carby yet ,with full throttle and pulling the arm down as well you need 15tho gap ,not a gap just sitting there .I suppose the dyno guy will do that for you .

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2013, 09:37:05 pm »
69ISH ,did you adjust the front and rear pumps on the carby yet ,with full throttle and pulling the arm down as well you need 15tho gap ,not a gap just sitting there .I suppose the dyno guy will do that for you .
He is recurving the Dizzy, adjusting the rockers tuning the carb and giving it a once over.
But I have adjusted both pumps and reset the float levels again as well as played with idle mixture screws and it is a lot of fun to drive now so it will be interesting to drive when all is tuned properly.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #373 on: July 05, 2013, 05:18:03 pm »
My motor is tuned, my steering is aligned, power steering pump no longer leaks, and my little pony is getting its exhaust finished.  :burnout:

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2013, 08:28:04 am »
I discovered I have an exhaust leak and with my arm in a sling - it will stay that way (not happy) :toetapping:
AKA Emberglo-66