What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656778 times)

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:27 pm »
Nowhere seems to have dual master cylinders for drums in stock in the country either :(
I have an original for a 68 if they are the same.
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline MU6TNG

• Stallion
  • Vic Member #2433
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »
Mojocoops, After a bit of searching i purchased mine from Griffs in Ballarat, worth a try.
Ray

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2013, 08:54:31 am »
Thanks guys.

They are going to overhaul it, so that should pump a bit of life back into it for a while.  Will look at replacing with a stock dual master down the track.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2013, 09:30:48 am »
Thanks guys.

They are going to overhaul it, so that should pump a bit of life back into it for a while.  Will look at replacing with a stock dual master down the track.
Get it sleeved with stainless and it will last longer then a new one, Old school brakes at Wynnum, or TBS can do this, little more expensive then a new one but better.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2013, 11:15:50 am »
I scratched my Mustang. (Pause for shock and horror), Yes I scratched it. The scratch is 1 inch long and it on the drivers door. I dropped the lead light on the door last night. Now it will need repairing because I tried hand buffing it out but it is too deep. Apart form getting my left door to open and close properly, putting my 289 blue air filter on the motor and installing the boot rubber I scratched the Mustang. I am very sorry and I know the mechanic who will have to do the repair will not be happy. I told my wife but she was not very good at consoling me.  :tissue:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
Car has been in the shop getting new drum brake kit installed all-round.  Lots of issues with hoses/cylinders fitting (new rear cylinders take hose at 45 degree angle, whereas hard line comes in straight at the moment - very odd.  Must be Falcon cylinders in there as they're the same size as the front), and then turns out all the hard lines were rusted out and snapped when re-fitting.  Waiting for new lines to be made up today, but that should mean all new cylinders can and hoses can be used.

Hopefully will be done today and I can stop safely, and experience what Ray above has after his brake job :)

Straight ones are falcon, angle are mustang.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »
Well, it was yesterday, but I got it moved to a new paint/panel shop. Hoping for some progress!!

Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »
Straight ones are falcon, angle are mustang.

Thanks, thought that must've the case.

Master cylinder is all done and re-sleeved stainless.  They forgot to bleed the differential valve to turn off the warning light though, and spent an hour trying to undo the nut trying not to twist the line.  Going to soak it in WD40 for a day and return to them on Saturday morning. 

Given the Mustang wheel cylinders are smaller than the Falcon ones that were on the rear, it doesn't stop as well now with only rear brakes - but at least everything has been replenished.  Should be golden once the fronts are working again.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »
Thanks, thought that must've the case.

Master cylinder is all done and re-sleeved stainless.  They forgot to bleed the differential valve to turn off the warning light though, and spent an hour trying to undo the nut trying not to twist the line.  Going to soak it in WD40 for a day and return to them on Saturday morning. 

Given the Mustang wheel cylinders are smaller than the Falcon ones that were on the rear, it doesn't stop as well now with only rear brakes - but at least everything has been replenished.  Should be golden once the fronts are working again.
The rears should be 7/8 on a drum car. I may have a good spare valve you can have if you want it.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »
Yep just checked. it's hanging on the wall, still with lines on it, it's a drum/drum one looks prety good. It's yours for a 6 pack of tastyness. lines and all.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:11:00 pm by shaunp »

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2013, 09:25:48 am »
Thanks Shaun!

I'll see if we can get the nut undone tomorrow morning after a few more soaks of WD40 - otherwise I'll take it :)

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2013, 10:35:37 am »
Thanks Shaun!

I'll see if we can get the nut undone tomorrow morning after a few more soaks of WD40 - otherwise I'll take it :)

I had a real big problem undoing a nut on my flywheel, it had been butchered. My mechanic made it look so easy he just grabbed a big pair of multi grips and off it came. Have you tried getting a real good fit and then cracking it like we do with wheel nuts?
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2013, 01:01:15 pm »
The mechanic has brake line spanners, and doesn't want to crack it too hard for the risk of twisting/snapping the old brake lines.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2013, 01:24:30 pm »
I finally got my 289 air filter on my car temporarily, still need a new post bolt and wing nut.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »
The mechanic has brake line spanners, and doesn't want to crack it too hard for the risk of twisting/snapping the old brake lines.

Think the lines look pretty good on the one in the shed if you get stuck. I'll go see I can undo them. They all come undone, no front brake lines on it only rear and master.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:33:09 pm by shaunp »

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2013, 05:07:09 pm »
Put in deluxe door cards and trim pieces, the dash and doors are now the deluxe, aluminium finish..
It looks quite nice, although I'm still having electrical issues..  :cry:
Took the dash apart, got the old ignition switch out to take to the auto parts store for a second replacement, because the other one isn't going to fit without messing around with some wiring as the PO has swapped so much stuff over to non-original parts, almost nothing except body / trim is actually Mustang, let alone a 67 Mustang! ... This makes buying parts.. "Interesting".. Unless I take out the old one first...

Anyway, I couldn't find a suitable candidate for the ignition switch. So I'm going to get the auto electrician to make the 67 reproduction I just bought work, when he comes over in a few weeks after I get it back from the panel shop. Freshly painted, nice and blue, complete with a 69 Mach 1 hood scoop and hood pin kit installed... Should look nice!

*I will post some photos of the interior shortly, when I have uploaded them to the computer.*  :bolt:
*Pics of exterior will take about 3 weeks*  :bolt:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »
My son just delivered my newly painted axle housing (low gloss black) @ painted diff centre (red oxide) with new Eaton LSD fitted......now to remove those leaf spring front eye bolts & fit new 5 leaf mid-eyes & new brake drums, shoes, cylinders & spring kit.....busy day, I know, it's mum day 2moro, but I drove 200 km 2day 2 visit her  :smile01:
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »
Gave mine a good run. About 200 miles return to go see Mum for her day. Had the kids in the back, great day for it  :thumb:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Ruggie

• Thoroughbred
  • 66 coupe
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »
Made all the courtesy lights work!
Its not perfect but its mine.

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »
Worked on the electrical system, trying to bring the car back to life.

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »
Worked on the electrical system, trying to bring the car back to life.
Any sign of a pulse yet Dino?  :smile01:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:38:22 pm by 68Coupe »

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »
Tried to power it up, but no pulse! The car hasn't been started in over twenty years, so lots of issues need to be resolved. The only thing working at the moment is the powered top which is a direct feed from the starter relay and an alternator light (probably because it is not attached). Searching forum threads for more info about similar electrical issues.  Lots to do!!!

What happened to the leggy blond?

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2013, 10:01:16 pm »
What happened to the leggy blond?

Thought it was time for a change - you've seen one leggy blond, you've seen them all.  :lol:

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:08 pm »
Thought it was time for a change - you've seen one leggy blond, you've seen them all.  :lol:

Reminded me of this classic :lol:

Leggy Blonde - Flight Of The Conchords (Lyrics)

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »
Nooooooo Bring back the bbbbbblonde!!!! :cry: