Long wait for import approval

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Long wait for import approval  (Read 26980 times)

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »
It was the same boat that my 69 was on, the JPO Scorpius. Here's an image of the tracker I saved when it hit Sydney. It was pretty bloody exciting!

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »
Quote from: rocket link=topic=17654.msg179435#msg179435
MachAttack, Only a few more days to wait. Must be getting pretty excited by now?

Hope you have your camera ready. Lots of pics please.

Rocket.

The battery is charging as we speak. :smile01:
I've been told the container should arrive at Secon by Wednesday then I guess it's all up to AQIS. I have a couple of options for a tow so I'm good to go as soon as I get the nod. :redpepper::yellowpepper::redpepper::yellowpepper:
Can't wait.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:57 pm »
Quote from: Ash link=topic=17654.msg179436#msg179436
It was the same boat that my 69 was on, the JPO Scorpius. Here's an image of the tracker I saved when it hit Sydney. It was pretty bloody exciting!

Couldn't have wiped the grin off when I saw the ship was about to enter the bay here. I've been a little distracted the last few days.....

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »
Kenny

Make sure you take some spare fuel (high octane) and a good battery with spare jumper cables just incase (few loose tools aswell doesnt hurt). Take some trans fluid with you aswell as I didnt have the car long enough to chase that leak.

Tim has some parts loaded in your car mate. Has he got in touch with you yet?

If not, shoot me an email and I will send you his number and email

Im a little excited for you aswell....I think you know I had a soft spot for this 69

Once youve given it a wash and quick polish, you have to send me a pic of you standing in front of it for our testimonials page...kinda have a feeling I will be hearing from you once you get it

Cheers

Matt & Sheri

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:19 pm »
Guy's..

I'll watch for the vessell to float past my window at Fishermens Bend..

Cheers, :burnout:

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 10:47:27 pm »
Sorry Caretaker, it's already been and gone.

Quote from: Shermatt link=topic=17654.msg179479#msg179479
Kenny

Make sure you take some spare fuel (high octane) and a good battery with spare jumper cables just incase (few loose tools aswell doesnt hurt). Take some trans fluid with you aswell as I didnt have the car long enough to chase that leak.

Tim has some parts loaded in your car mate. Has he got in touch with you yet?

If not, shoot me an email and I will send you his number and email

Im a little excited for you aswell....I think you know I had a soft spot for this 69

Once youve given it a wash and quick polish, you have to send me a pic of you standing in front of it for our testimonials page...kinda have a feeling I will be hearing from you once you get it

Cheers

Matt & Sheri

The car will be coming home on a tow truck. I'd rather get it here before starting it or tinkering with it. Will make sure I have all that on standby though.
Haven't heard from anyone about those parts yet so might need contact details or at least their forum names.
I'll send you a photo first chance I get, although my photography skills won't measure up to the photos you already have. Will give you a call after I've seen it in the flesh and seen why you liked it so much. Cheers to both of you. :thumb:

Offline xpconnor

• Stallion
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:42 am »
Kenny

Just sent you a u2u

Cheers

Tim

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:56 am »
Not long to go now....  I can hear the drum roll...

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:58 am »
Are you going to be there for the unloading?

I've seen pics here of guys opening the container with their cars inside.  Not sure if Freightnet let you be there for the 'unveiling'.

s

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:13 am »
Nearing the crescendo Macka..... :cool:

I'm probably too busy this week Stephen to watch them unload it, I'm sure they'll take good care of it though.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:11 pm »
Damn AQIS, car needs washed so doesn't look like I'll have it before the weekend. $500, thanks for coming. :violin:

Edit: Just realized the reinspection invoice was attached to Freightnet's email, $90 and not the $250 in their original estimates. Just have to pay for the cleaning next.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 02:53:51 pm »
Quote from: MachAttack link=topic=17654.msg179597#msg179597
Damn AQIS, car needs washed

How did you find this out?  I've so far paid the customs duty and haven't heard squat about mine.

s

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 04:04:37 pm »
Quote from: StephenSLR link=topic=17654.msg179601#msg179601
Damn AQIS, car needs washed

How did you find this out?  I've so far paid the customs duty and haven't heard squat about mine.

s

As far as I know, the car won't be inspected until after the initial invoice is paid. Any washing etc. will be invoiced before you pick the car up. Freightnet informed me today that the car hadn't passed and are expecting it to be re-inspected on Friday or Monday. You should call them to find out if the inspection has been done yet, if it has even been unpacked. Ship was unloaded on Saturday but not inspected until today.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »
Just emailed and got the reply:

At this stage the container will be unpacked 17/05. I will keep you posted once unpacked & AQIS inspection booked.

s

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »
Hopefully tomorrow brings you some good news then.

Offline xpconnor

• Stallion
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2012, 08:18:21 pm »
Damn AQIS, car needs washed so doesn't look like I'll have it before the weekend. $500, thanks for coming. :violin:

Edit: Just realized the reinspection invoice was attached to Freightnet's email, $90 and not the $250 in their original estimates. Just have to pay for the cleaning next.

Had to have mine cleaned when it came in a year ago. $220 from memory. We watched the young Indian kid cleaning some cars while I picked mine up and I'm sorry to say but it's a bigger waste of money then the carbon tax. Only good news is the  cleaning place is open on Saturdays so if your car gets cleaned tomorrow or even first thing Friday then they may have time to have it reinspected Friday arvo and you can pick it up Saturday.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2012, 09:48:45 am »
The bit about the cleaning was why I asked you what condition your car was in. Fortunately mine passed first time but my mechanic has told me horror stories of how they can clean at their own pace and make you pay as they clean again and again. It will all be worth it when you are sitting in a Mustang you can call yours. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Cheers

Paul
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 10:01:00 am »
My mates got held up for 2 weeks as it needed further cleaning. But the car was clean to begin with. Both mine came straight through and in my 69 I've found at least 10 cricket ball size mud wasp nests full of dead larvae. As my importer said to me, doesn't matter if it is clean or dirty, all depends who does the inspection on the day.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2012, 11:02:20 am »
2 more days, 2 more weeks, at least I know it's here and it won't be much longer now..... although 2 days will obviously be preferable.

@XP - Will let you know as soon as it's cleared and I have a tow organized. If you can make it be sure and bring that fine looking Falcon with you. :burnout: I almost talked myself into buying one of those years ago but it would have had to be a daily driver. Couldn't do it.

Offline Rapid428

• Worked
  • Off the road!
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »
Cleaning don’t get me started :soap:

4 and a half weeks sitting at the port

Was under the car on the weekend and found a spiders nest in the rear quarter

Offline xpconnor

• Stallion
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »
Quote from: MachAttack link=topic=17654.msg179649#msg179649

@XP - Will let you know as soon as it's cleared and I have a tow organized. If you can make it be sure and bring that fine looking Falcon with you. :burnout: I almost talked myself into buying one of those years ago but it would have had to be a daily driver. Couldn't do it.

Will try and get there on the day if I can so you don't have parts taking up your space.

The xp was a daily driver, first car I owned actually. Drove it home from Melbourne on my learners. Unfortunately I sold it after about 6 or 7years of ownership.:banghead: Silly mistake. That said if I still had the xp I probably wouldn't have the mustang.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2012, 03:58:04 pm »
Well I won't have the car for the weekend, second inspection still has not been carried out. :cry:

Offline Rapid428

• Worked
  • Off the road!
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »
Quote from: MachAttack link=topic=17485.msg176679#msg176679
You wearing the treads off your shoes yet? Hopefully you'll have it home very soon.

Back at you!

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »
Fingers crossed for Monday Rapid.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »
Car will be home tonight. :smile01:
One and a half tonnes of pure sex......