67 fasty finally here and work started

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 67 fasty finally here and work started  (Read 54800 times)

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:35:08 pm »
Well finally picked the old project , usual stuff especially when its a cheapie lots dents , a pretty heavy smash repair and a ton of bog, but its worth saving.
I hope that it will work out , doing most of the work myself except paint.
My idea is a stroked 289 dressed up as a hi po GT strips not sure on color yet, low , 17's or 18's just really clean and neat and a 5 speed plus I love the dark red interior.

Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »
We are looking fwd to this story unfolding 67fasty. Good luck with it all.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:39:12 pm »
will have some update pics next week
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »
Thanks  IGALOP I will probably be asking lots of questions as I go ! but I am totally addicted I work on it every night!
Cheers Shane

Offline tq1

• Stallion
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »
HI 67 fasty nice little project,certainly better looking than mine when it first arrived.Be patient ask questions and you will get there.Look forward to following this build.
:fantastic:

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:04 am »
Yep, plenty to do but its coming along nicely.  Keep the progress coming.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »
Thanks guys if I can get it half as good as your cars on here I be happy !!

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:36:46 pm »
some more pics had a bit of a change scenery rebuilt the drivers side hinges and repaired the cowl on the same side not finished yet needs alittle more work . why would they have cut out the corners anyway there was no rust ?
Plus cleaned and fitted the original gauges into the repo cluster housing while watching the footy saturday night.

test fit of hinges

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:00:32 am »
Looks like ur keeping busy.
Cars coming along nicely.
Its amazing how good the intrument panel comes up with a new facia.
Did the same for mine a couple of weeks back.
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »
just a few more pics of lastest progress not thats its alot , but I am luv'n removing the bondo NOT.

qtr panel close being finished.

early door alignment now to make sure all lines up with qtr panel and rebuilt hinges

check out the thickness of the bondo !

why mig and panel beat your guard when you can just use the holes to make it stick.

but once you get all stripped the damm fender is pretty straight with only some panel work needed on the bottoms.

Offline ANGZ66

• Worked
  • VIC Member
    • http://mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8047
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:38 pm »
Looking good Shane, I'l keep my eye open for a drifting cloud of white dust.

Roger.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
Have my sons longtime girlfriends dad come over , he one of the best pb'ers and painters in town and we have decided to go the hack on some stuff and replace with new I am going to swap labour as he's building a shed so he now has a sparkie for nothing and I have a Pb'er for nothing . He's happy with what i've done but now he wants to make it absolutely spot on so I am wrapt !!!!

Offline dalex

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 06:52:34 pm »
Car looking good Shane, you are certainly a man on a mission and nice work on the barter deal with the PB.

cheers

Dale

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »
Thanks for the good words , Roger and Dale ! I hope to by Christmas to have all the panel beating done all the parts hung so that every thing is opening and closing nice then I will flip it over and get the underneath just right and do all the suspension work . I must get the paperwork filled out and become a member too , lookin forward to hooking up and gas bagging cars.

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »

You took on quite a project, and it looks like you are up to the task.

Excellent work so far from the photos. You lucked out gaining the help of a professional Panel Beater too. You will be amazed at how quickly the pros can make a body look like new again.

Will be watching with interest.

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:49 pm »
Not alot has been happening as I have been extending the shed , but have done alittle in between.

the drivers door came up pretty good abit of stuffing around though .

decided to remove the dash as it was knocked about and spent a couple of nights fixing up came out good just a temp fit back in as we have made the call to put in a new right hand side plus an upper cowl meaning qtr panel, full rocker panel, lower cowl kick panel.

also started cleaning up the engine bay welding excess holes and smoothing out , I want it to look super clean but retain it original feel.

And just an overall shot of my progess from the front now I have some more shed to work in YeeHa!

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:24 pm »
Great work. That door came up a treat, nice crisp lines on it!:thumb:
Loving the report and pics, keep em coming!
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »
It is taking shape and has no doubt lost some weight as well..  keep up the good work.

Offline Goldy

• Stallion
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:59 am »
Hi Shane, you might consider welding the towers now while youve got the car down this far , common problem on big block cars are tower cracks,

welding on my car is dodgey i know, just thought if your going to throw some decent horsepower at it and you like going round corners quick it couldnt hurt ? :thumb:

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »
Nice work Shane. Getting there mate

Offline FPVF6

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 08:01:06 pm »
Looking good mate . Looking forward to watching this
I have told the missus .I am going to buy a mustang so deal with it

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 08:37:09 pm »
Thanks guys , the good words always give you a boost , hey cage two things hows your fasty travelling and secondly when you have finished with that chick you have there well you know look after your mates Ha !
Yeah Goldy thats not a bad call , when my panel beater comes over next time for a few ales will see what he thinks.
I must admit though the towers are in really good condition, but what we could do maybe is to make something that is welded inside the tower so its all hidden.
Cheers Shane

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 01:08:29 pm »
Hey Shane, if I had the drop on that girl mate I wouldn't be sharing her with anyone. :drool:

Still in a holding pattern with my fastback. Waiting on alot of parts now, suspensiion, brakes, sterring and some interiror pieces. Once they turn up though it will be on for young and old. Can't put a date on it but I am getting anxious. Keep putting the pics up mate they are great to look at and very imformative.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »
Have done abit more setting up the new tail light panel and lower crossmember all just temp at the moment waiting on the rh qtr panel and rocker panel .

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:10 pm »
Hi guys have not done a huge amount since my last post , busy with work and a few other little projects
would have got more finished but as we know had a fight with the grinder and it won , plus still waiting on complete rh sill which has put me back about 4 weeks now are well we will get there.
Have final fitted the rear brace , rough fitment of the trunk and tail light panel ( very close to final position ) final fitting of rear drop panel , finished driver side up to front fender, and temp fit of inner guard.

sorry about quality of some pics kept getting like a fluro flicker in them.

had my bonnet hinges plated in a blue zinc finish came up a treat look brand new way cheaper than chrome

also decided to replace the floor on passenger side there were a few ripples in the orignal rear seat panel from the T bone stack which was hidden by bondo plus pulled the chassis back while all the floors were out.

and completed driver side

the goal now is to have the car built to working stage by this xmas then we will break it down and paint and detail fingers X'd