67 fasty finally here and work started

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 67 fasty finally here and work started  (Read 54798 times)

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 02:14:15 pm »
The latest at the fasty shed.
have fitted all the new gear back together its all just teched up then it will be off to my panel beaters place for the last minor adjustments and final welding ,finishing and painting .
But first I have to wire his shed for him .

Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »
Have been abit slack with posting updates so here are a few heads off to my bodyman monday for the the finishing work and paint . sorry about quality of pics just using my phone camera.

painted engine bay nothing special just clean and neat.

put all new upper and lower control arms and disc's which were damm cheap got local $66 a disc dba included studs bolt on fit.

Yes I know they are 68 disc brakes , even though I havent fitted the calipers yet but remember i brought the car out of a wreckers and that what was it so why not use them. coils are king springs $120 delivered.

just an over all shot really to roll on the trailer tomorrow

Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 03:02:20 am »
Looking good mate.
Wheres she going on the trailer ?
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline 67.MTNG

• Thoroughbred
  • Black is not a colour.. Its a Hobby
    • www.greystonefs.com.au
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »
looks like the makings of a seriously nice car..

Gotta love the 67s

john

Offline FPVF6

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:22 pm »
Looking the goods mate
I have told the missus .I am going to buy a mustang so deal with it

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »
Nice work fasty keep it going mate.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
thanks guys ! slowly getting there, chops it went on the trailer to my bodyman very fortunate , he is one of the best in central victoria and as luck would have it , my son's long time girlfriend is his daughter.
And we are labour swapping , he built a new workshop at his new home and being a sparkie i done all elec work for it so he's doing all the final body finishing and paint so the only cost will be materials.

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 02:14:53 am »
Quote from: 67fasty.sm link=topic=14459.msg182714#msg182714
we are labour swapping  

Sweet deal !:thumb:
Decided on a colour yet ?
Or do  have 3 or 4 ?
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 06:15:34 pm »
ultra white with dark red metallic shelby strips to match dark red interior and we are experimenting with a new white pearl mix with the clear not sure how it all works with the stripes though.hopefully theres not to many that color combo.
i tell you what though yours came up an absolute treat !!!! you must be smokin proud .

Offline S1ck66

• Stallion
  • finished and time to enjoy!
Re: 67 fasty finally here and work started
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 06:47:36 pm »
Stick to it and you will get there, Looks like your doing a great job.
Good luck and cant wait to see it.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »
well been flat doing everything but work on the car but we have managed to get some progress and we hope to do final body work straight after santa has been.

dash is in trial fit of dash pad fitted sweet !

upper cowl with appropiate beverages

we had to fit a new a pillar in the end as we just could not get the door and fender to gap properly thanks too nuffy united panel works in the past

rear qtr done

taillight panel finished just have to clean everything up now

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »
It's getting there.  Keep up the good work.      :thumb:

Offline anfo99

• Worked
  • MOCA Nova Member
  • Name: Anthony
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 02:39:44 pm »
Shane,

Well done it's starting to come together nice. I noticed towards the bottom you've taken off the quarter panel and the filler panel (back of the boot) and you've got a bit of rhs and a diagonal in there are they there to keep the rest or that area straight until the new parts come?

Anfo - Starting to enjoy driving her!
"Do what you want to do, be what you wanna be..."
Masters Apprentices
6R07C

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 05:05:15 pm »
Hi Anfo,
yeah before i started removing the dead panels I just tacked in some bracing so to stop everything springing out of shape looked pretty basic but did the job . Then just took my time and removed the panels drilling out the spot welds cleaned everything up an then fitted the new gear and just teck screwed into place so we could get it over to my mates place to do all the final fit and welding.
 cheers shane

Offline anfo99

• Worked
  • MOCA Nova Member
  • Name: Anthony
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 04:15:26 pm »
Shane,

Thanks for the info best of luck with the build.
Anfo - Starting to enjoy driving her!
"Do what you want to do, be what you wanna be..."
Masters Apprentices
6R07C

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
Re: 67 fasty starting to get there
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:07 pm »
finished underneath , yeehaa   :pepper: , seemed like it was never going to finish. we decided to stoneguard underneath since its going to be a driver but it came up pretty damm good

the front end is done , since i took this pic i have fitted all the brake lines and fuel line plus reinstalled the diff so its all steam ahead with top now !!!

they are 68 brakes , xy/xw falcon pads and we use the retainer clip from xy/xw disc's instead of the old locating pins.
painted them with kbs extra high temp paint  can up really well , the rotors are one piece falcon as well , brought brand new they were $65 each including studs and the pads $45 for both pair .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:00:46 pm by 67fasty.sm »

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 09:04:46 pm »
looks like a great project,

Only problem here is you guys taking on these projects, make it look soooo easy, to the newbie, they have no idea of the level of committment, workmanship, and plain old hard work to a resto like this.

I cant wait to see the colour on it, as it starts to take shape. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:01 pm »
thankyou, we had planned for color by feb but work for both of us on saturdays over the last month put paid to that but we really want it painted by easter .
fingers crossed ! For me the key with the project is my mate who is helping , he keeps saying how do you eat an elephant ? small bits at a time ! and keep the whole project in mind but focus on one part and complete it other wise you will be overwhelmed.
cheers shane
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:24:54 pm by 67fasty.sm »

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
Re: 67 fasty finally here update as of 26th april
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »
well gang we are getting closer now , will be shooting some colour very soon  :pepper: i finally finished painting all the interior  pieces and couldnt help myself with the interior access door just to give it a quick buff .the speaker holes were already there so just cleaned up abit

the boot was the last thing to gap fit , so this weekend final prep , prime and block

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:46:02 pm by 67fasty.sm »

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »
well after many delays we have finally got colour  :pepper: the long weekend in the end worked out perfect, still along way to go though we will finish taking the tape off during the week on the stripes by this afternoon it was beer oclock  :smilies:

final block in 600 grit

ahhh the colour

stripes layed out

as of 5.00 pm today yea !
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:27:57 pm by 67fasty.sm »

Offline 65FastbackAcodeRestoration

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 10:14:40 pm »
what process are you going about stripping your panels at the start of the project, are you getting to bare metal and then cleaning it up with something before priming? and what are you priming with exactly? it looks as though you did this in stages? cheers

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2013, 08:10:15 pm »
hi unrestored , i stripped back all the old paint by hand ie flapper wheels , and disc's but i used a couple of disc's which were to harsh and left scratches in the metal which i didn't realise i had done so when it came time to prep for paint we had to do alot more work to ensure the scratches were filled before final primer sealer.
Once I cleaned the surface of all of old paint went over it with prepsol ( wax and grease remover) then sprayed on a coat of etch primer .
couple of hints put your prepsol in a pump up spray bottle(small one) like what you you use to put weed killer in hardware store have them about $20 . that way you can spray on wipe off , dont use the same rag twice , ie dont wipe back over the area just cleaned with the same rag as you will just re contaminate the area .
wear fine rubber gloves but make sure no talc powder inside them , the gloves stops you putting oil from your skin on the surface .
the etch primer, does what the name implies etches into surface giving you a foundation for all that will happen later on , if you sprayed a primer surfacer on it could and most likely would lift undoing all your hard work .
Go to your local paint shop and have a yak to them they will help , i didnt paint mine my mate did and told me off ! about the scratches  :ouch:
hope this helps
cheers shane

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 08:24:04 pm »
well its now starting to look like a car  :pepper:
the painted shell pics are a few months old now we brought the car back to my house so i could start putting it back together and detail it as i go.
considering the paint only cost me materials am pretty happy , we will wait till the car is all together before we do the final cut and polish

the pics below are more up to date, all the dash parts are repo and only required minor trimming etc to fit nice the same cant be said about the roof lining had trouble with the bows as the holes were worn out so the bows kept flipping forward in the end put a small self tapper under the bow to take up the slack in the hole worked at treat . Lining was relatively easy to install then.

started installing the internal panels today very time consuming to get right all afternoon and then some to get the passenger side pretty good . I found that fitting the panel that sits above the trap door first then the curved one before fitting the large lower front one makes it way easier to get things to line up
[URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/67fastysm/media/001_zpse57ac279.jpg.html]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:02:36 pm by 67fasty.sm »

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 07:59:58 am »
Looking sweet mate  :thumb:
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 09:37:25 am »
thanks chopmgw ! got 2 wks holiday so hopefully smash a fair bit out