The Fatkids Clone

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: The Fatkids Clone  (Read 17024 times)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:02 pm »
Just thought Id show everyone the new toy that has been in the pipeline for close to a year.

Ive been too busy with everyone else's cars that I could never get a chance to work on mine so I had the boys that did Ricks Eleanor do it for me

You can see it next to Ricks bus here...this was the last I saw it

Thats pretty well the last I saw of it. It has all new floors, boot pans, doors, guards, front radiator support, battery apron etc. Apparently its allmost ready for paint. Im going to spray it up as a GT350 clone. Originally a C code 289 auto

Gonna throw a built 289....347 stroker bottom end??? has 351 windsor heads. Think there 4V or 4 barrel heads

Anyone know what the the little "4" means on the front of the head. All the yanks over here nickname em GT40 heads.

The manifold is a ford experimental hi rise jobbie. As far as I can tell there were a limited number of these (under 500 original) that were sold over the counter from ford for the GT350 and boss302's. Its really hard to get any info on this particular manifold. If you punch in the part number on the net, you get the same thing..."what is it?"...Think Hev's got one aswell

I threw a Pete Jackson geardrive in it along with the mallory dizzy.

I bought a complete rebuilt top loader and shifter, bell housing, clutch, clutch plate, linkages and the under dash pedal set up a couple of weeks ago for $300us...I thought that was a steal..I was expecting to have to rebuild the box at that price.

Im looking at throwing on a disc brake front end but it seems very hard to find for the 65 66, so Im going to do a bit of a mod using 68-73 spindles and calipers, 65/66 inner tie rods, 70-73 outer tie rods and maybe a 70 dual resevoir.

As for the ar5e end, dont want to use a 67-68 9" so i will wait and see what pops up

I found this on Sleezebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220484038179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As for rear end brakes...thinking of finding aset local or Ive been told that 98 Ford fronteir (or something like that) bolt straight up

Odviously going with the white/blue stripe combo with blue and white PONY interior. GT350 side scoops, bonnet scoop, front spoiler and the rear valance is the GT set up. Sorta like this but with the front GT350 spoiler and side vents

See how I go getting the time to paint it as I still have ricks eleanor sitting here and I have to start a friends GT350 68 fastback...almost finished...all in primer, just needs the body work and paint...then re-assemble

Im definately using the same radiator set up that rick just bought....going to use a 67-68 twin fan set up in a 65/66. Few mods, but Ive seen a 69 in a 65 so why not. Just have to fab up the battery tray.

Going there today, so I will get some pics.

Anyone know what the "4" means on those heads??

Peesh

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:03:05 pm »
lets see

4 chambers....no
4 intake ports.....no
4 exhaust ports...no

ummm no idea....did see somewhere what it meant but cant recall where......

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:56 pm »
why not move battery to the trunk? would that make the battery mod easier

just a thought out loud

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 09:05:10 pm »
Allready considered that but its just a matter of turning the battery tray 45 degrees and a fabbed bracket as a support....its not a biggy.

went dowm there yasterday and picked up a car and took a few pics of there insanely clean work enviroment.

Was pretty hard to get any decent pics but the car is VERY straight.

Late afternoon I cleaned up most of the rear interior panels and steel trim that I sandblasted and painted it all....so its baby steps at a time inbetween other peoples cars.

I would really like it back together before the Turkey rod run in November as Im going to sell it once its finished....shame as I really wanted to keep this one. The under carriage will look as good as the exterior and thats what the fans want.

Its not as if Im going to run out of project cars but I really want to keep one...just one...even a coupe

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:30:20 am »
cool sometimes the dumbest suggestions are the ones that have been over looked......... learnt that from years of keeping my mouth shut thinking the person was on top of it only to find if i had opened my bl00dy mouth would have saved some serious heart ache.....

Originally posted by Shermatt
Allready considered that but its just a matter of turning the battery tray 45 degrees and a fabbed bracket as a support....its not a biggy.

went dowm there yasterday and picked up a car and took a few pics of there insanely clean work enviroment.

Was pretty hard to get any decent pics but the car is VERY straight.

Late afternoon I cleaned up most of the rear interior panels and steel trim that I sandblasted and painted it all....so its baby steps at a time inbetween other peoples cars.

I would really like it back together before the Turkey rod run in November as Im going to sell it once its finished....shame as I really wanted to keep this one. The under carriage will look as good as the exterior and thats what the fans want.

Its not as if Im going to run out of project cars but I really want to keep one...just one...even a coupe

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 09:12:25 am »
Not much too look at...but its gettin there

These pics were takin last week

Went and picked up all the Pony 2 tone interior tonight and all the new front suspension from sunstate late afternoon...$2200 and still need a tonne more.

Im now exeeding Ricks boxes in the way of parts...thats a good sign

When I will find a chance to paint the car is another story but Id like to get it painted within a few weeks as Im meant to pick it up on monday in primer

Justin....may be doing the battery in the boot deal after all...cheers

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:44 pm »
Well, finally got it home on Friday and been rrubbing it down all weekend with a long block.

3 highs and 2 minimal low points. Its super straight.

Still got to weld the frame to the floor and weld the seat risers in. Hopefully be in a booth by friday if I can find the time...dont want it sitting in primer for 6 months

Picked up my order from suntstate mustang on Thursday. Dropped $2200 in new parts and still have a bill of a heap of other stuff down there. All new 2 tone PONY interior. I almost have more boxes than Rick now.

Really hope I can sqeeze a day here and there to put it all back together

Offline 65muzzy

• Worked
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 10:45:31 pm »
Don't quote me but from memory 4V stands for 4v heads, meaning bigger ports, valves etc.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »
Thats what I was told aswell....Im hanging to get the engine in the car and see how she goes

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 10:52:25 pm »
Hey Matt she gonna be finished before mine by the looks,
Nice bro very nice.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:26 pm »
Yours is PRIORITY mate. I just need to get it into paint and new glass fitted....then I can do a bit at a time but I would really like it finished for the Turkey Rod Run in daytona in november...was gonna keep it but Im thinking of selling it once its done and thats the best place to sell a car the same weekend

Dudes from all over the globe with checkbooks...and its a good show

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »
hahaha,
finish em same time get a video of the two driving down the road

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 11:44:26 pm »
Hey matt you got any pics after the rubbing down?
And have you fixed your emails yet mr call center worker

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 12:13:17 am »
I can send to anything but hotmail, live, gmail and stuff like that...they just bounce back to me.

Will get some snaps today of the car...

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 01:21:20 am »
Originally posted by 65muzzy
Don't quote me but from memory 4V stands for 4v heads, meaning bigger ports, valves etc.

If they are 4V's you should be almost able to put you fist in the ports...unless you have hands the size of dinner plates.

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »
Matt, I'm a nerd. If there is anything I can do to help with your email etc let me know.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline 65pony

• Thoroughbred
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:57 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
I can send to anything but hotmail, live, gmail and stuff like that...they just bounce back to me.

Will get some snaps today of the car...

seems like your domain has been blacklisted. Hotmail and the usual public email stuff use blacklists to filter out so called 'SPAM'.

this seems like the issue.

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 02:13:57 pm »
It would be the host he is sending from rather than the domain itself, usually.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 07:13:00 pm »
Thanks Jeffo...think Ive got the emails sorted...Its hotmail thats rejecting them but Im pretty sure its been rectified

Well today its off for paint

Im going to try and get it all done in one day. leave at 7am and be home by 8-9pm white with blue stripes. Just cant find my resperator.....last car I painted was the Allynor convertible. Anyway, this is what it looks like now.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:04:11 am »
well this is as far as I got today.

Put it in a grey sealer, painted the door jambs and inner areas....threw some paint on the outside and fine lined the stripes and it was 530pm....wouldnt be done untill 1 am so I pulled the pin...finish it off first thing tomoz and redo the front seats while I wait for it to dry...then its back to my day job

was pretty happy with how straight it is....you could almost run a laser level down it. Think I may of
got a run at the front where the bar hides it but will check tomoz. Painting aint my forte but Im better than Rex hunt. Got carried away and painted things that your never gonna see like where the loom runs under the scuff plates and stuff...but thats how I like my stuff.

Damn shame I got over spray over my fully sick wheels. Once its got paint on it, i get hood lining in and the front and rear glass fitted and put it in storage untill I can find some time to finish it...just didnt want it sitting around in primer

Think the Fatkid pulled it off, will see how she looks tomorrow with some blue and a few coats of clear

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:12:46 pm »
I'm liking it Matt..  it should turn out great.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »
Lookin siiiiiik :f

Offline napes

• Thoroughbred
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 06:24:29 pm »
Cool - looking great and good pics too! :D

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 09:38:28 pm »
not bad bro... for a 65 hahahaha.
not looks awesome well done

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
The Fatkids Clone
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 11:49:22 pm »
Looking good Matt:(

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip