New Member Here, 67 Convertible

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New Member Here, 67 Convertible  (Read 5084 times)

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:01:34 pm »
Hi guys

Been lurking around here for ages, thought I better join up.  Ive been on the Just Mustangs Forum since it started but this seems to be happening place for us Mustang freaks.
I Live in Longford, Vic, about 2 hours east of Melbourne.  I had a 67 Coupe about 15 years ago but that was sold for the deposit on our first house.  My current mustang is a 67 Convertible, I bought from Steve Lond at Mustangs Of Melbourne about 10 years ago, it was basically a bare shell that had been stripped for resto and all the parts were in boxes, It was and still is my dream car.  Its been a long journey and it is slowly getting finished, work and family life seems to get in the way.  It is now painted its original colour Candy Apple Red and it will be getting an EFI windsor from an EB XR8, I put an RRS LHD rack in a while ago and the diff is the EB Borg Warner LSD shortened to the mustang width using the original mustang axles.  I just had all the brake lines and hoses done by the guys at Hoppers Stoppers and on the way home from there I detoured to Showwheels and picked up a set of 18 inch Streeters.  I'll post a few photos of her, Its obviously not a concourse resto but Im doing it the way i want,

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 09:06:34 pm »
Originally posted by TimR67
, Its obviously not a concourse resto but Im doing it the way i want,

Only way to go have fun with it and enjoy...... Welcome.

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:08:41 pm »
Welcome mate, I have seen your posts on the Just Mustangs Forum(where ive been a lurker for ages) your ride is looking great

:(Josh

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:28:16 am »
Have cruised thru that area a couple of times in our 67.
Nice area and even nicer with a Mustang to cruise around in.
Welcome Timr67.
Great looking ride you have.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline dalex

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:16 am »
Welcome and nice ride. I just joined myself this week with a Red 67 vert, must be the flavour of the month.

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:29:31 pm »
Cheers guys, its good to be around guys with a similar interest. I have had a love/hate relationship with my Mustang over the last ten years, sometimes I feel like pushing it into the paddock and burning it, but now its comming together I love it again