2009 Ballarat results

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2009 Ballarat results  (Read 6927 times)

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
2009 Ballarat results
« on: April 15, 2009, 05:11:22 pm »
Does anyone know whether or not the results from Sundays judging will be made public either here or on the MOCA website..............:(......Dale
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:47:45 pm »
I jotted the results down very quickly on the presentation night. I cannot guarantee all is correct but here is what I wrote:

There were 356 cars at the show. 2900 people through the gate.

Long Distance Award: Morrie & Eliz Whittle WA.

DISPLAY CLASS:
Dave Crystal - 1966 springtime yellow
Angelo & Trish - tourquoise coupe
Dale Smith - Emberglo
Reg & Carmen Johnson (me) 1966 sauterne Gold GT - Early Model Best Car "elevated to concours".

CONCOURS:
Original -
Bronze: Adam & Narelle Richmond - 66 Ivy Green Coupe
Bronze: 65 vert Vic Bill Cant

Silver: 66 F/b Bill Cant
Silver: 67 green Julie Brooking Vic

Gold: 68 coupe lime gold Denis Wallis
Gold: 66 f/b Sam NSW
Gold: 66 vert John & Rose Azzara
Gold: 69 Black Mac 1 Peter hewitson (I think this car was elevated to Thoroughbred too) Also took out the Kevin Musgrave memorial of Excellence in the Original class.

Thoroughbred: Tony Fabel white 65 f/b

As I said, I jotted the results down quickly and cannot guarantee all names are correct etc.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:03:20 pm »
Lookout if you wrong reg!;2

Well done!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »
Good on ya Hev. A great weekend wasn't it? We really enjoyed ourselves.  It is just great to go different places each year and see the country too as well as some very good cars - such a variety.  That is my 8th Nationals.

Might see you at the vineyard and All Ford Day.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
You're a star Reg, the car was stunning, love the colour.. Hev's car came up so well, judges clearly don't recognise anything outside the norm.  Loved the event so much more than a car show.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 06:57:30 pm »
Driving a car to the nationals and entering it into the concourse class is a very tough one. They judge under the car in this category. Unfortunately, they don't have a division for driven concours cars as I understand they have in the US. Of course Hev's car is a beauty. I am sure if it was entered in the 'display class' he would have got an award.

Offline spud

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 07:22:45 pm »
can someone give a very quick and simple difference between gold and thoroughbred class.

Dave did u go the long way or short home?

Spud.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 07:25:49 pm »
Reg I am pretty sure you got all that right exept Daves surname is Crispin.

I havent been to a nats before and wasn't sure how the judging all panned out. I was hoping that the defects/ faults in our cars would be pointed out to us so we can sort them out for next time. I sure would have liked to have someone from the judging spend five minutes with me pointing areas I can tidy up.......I know time is tight at large events , maybe our judging sheets could be forwarded to us to see where the faults lye....I hope you all understand where I am am coming from. I dont want to open a can of worms....I just want to better my car for next year........Runner up was AWESOME. I wasn't even going to go because I didnt think it was up to up, now I just want to improve what I got further.......;2...........Regards Dale

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
Dale

You should get the judging sheets with comments etc.  I have in the past.  From the sheets you can then fix up the wrong areas etc and make good for the next show. That is the whole purpose of the scheme of things.

I saw your car there. Very nice - I just love the colour. I am looking forward to going to SA next year.  My problem I have is the car has been 'promoted' to concours it is going to be one hell of an effort to have the car prepared properly for concours seeing that I have to drive it there. Oh for 'Driven Class' award.

Offline MustangMedic

• Worked
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 07:43:27 pm »
"OnYa" Reg.
I saw your car at the Canberra show in February and I'm glad to see a Canberran was in there to fly the flag. I hope to go to the nationals next year with a snappy lookin pony myself.
Congrats!!
Ashley.
Always work smarter not harder....

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 07:45:38 pm »
Originally posted by spud
can someone give a very quick and simple difference between gold and thoroughbred class.

Spud.

I am not quite sure what the difference is. I think that after you win a few concours golds you automatically go up to Thorougbred class.

We drove from Ballarat up to Echuca and then to Yarrawonga where we stopped overnight. Went on to Albury this morning and then onto Canberra.  We just took our time sat on about 90 (K) most of the way. very dusty and the car was a mess when we got home.

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 07:49:17 pm »
Originally posted by MustangMedic
"OnYa" Reg.
I saw your car at the Canberra show in February and I'm glad to see a Canberran was in there to fly the flag. I hope to go to the nationals next year with a snappy lookin pony myself.
Congrats!!
Ashley.

Thanks.  You will enjoy it in SA. We went to SA the last time they had a nationals there and loved every minute of it.  Keep an eye on our email list and the forum because I am sure there will be a convoy going over. The bookings for the motel are going to open shortly.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 08:13:36 pm »
Originally posted by spud

Spud.

The class is only open to cars which have been Original Class winners from 1996 onwards. They must also have been the highest Gold Award winner of the Original class.
This is from the old guidelines so things may have changed.
In short, if you can build a car using only NOS parts, you would do well. From my understanding you lose points for reproduction parts. This would be an extremely challenging class.... to say the least.
I'm sure others have more info.
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline spud

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 08:39:46 pm »
clear as mud.
Thanks Nassi and Spider.
spud.

Offline whnnie

• Pony
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 09:49:16 pm »
Reg,

I take all the credit for your win in the Display Class............:(

I told my wife and several friends there that your car was my favourite ( apart from bumblebee, and he knows why..........sorry mate )

Congratulations Reg.

When I saw you sitting in your deck chair on Sunday afternoon it reminded of a scene from a Clint Eastwood film............confident but humble.

Good work.

Special mention to Bumblebee after recovering from the keys incident............:_

AW

Cheers and congrats........

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:23:41 am »
Originally posted by Spider
Dale

You should get the judging sheets with comments etc.  I have in the past.  From the sheets you can then fix up the wrong areas etc and make good for the next show. That is the whole purpose of the scheme of things.

I saw your car there. Very nice - I just love the colour. I am looking forward to going to SA next year.  My problem I have is the car has been 'promoted' to concours it is going to be one hell of an effort to have the car prepared properly for concours seeing that I have to drive it there. Oh for 'Driven Class' award.
Reg if I get my judging sheets forwarded to me that would be great it is just what I need to keep improving what I have done so far. My intention from the start was to have the best Mustang I could have on the budget I have & relying only on my own abilities etc. So far all has gone fairly well........After Sunday being the first Mustang show ever, I got to see the standards we need to reach.........My car is driven 3-4 times a week ,I drove it to & from Ballarat & it will never be a Top level contender...I just get a thrill out of tinkering about & tidying up the little areas most people neglect..........I think the judges reward attention to detail as far as originality not BIG BLING.............Thanks Reg,  I & the rest of MOCSA will look forward to you all coming to SA in 2010 I know planning is well under way for what should be another great event..........Dale

:f    

Offline Glen68

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 09:37:01 am »
Okay Guys this was my first nationals. My wife and I flew down from Queensland. I was very impressed with all the cars, the setup and everyone we met. I would like to know if I could get a copy of the rules and maybe even a judging sheet for the classes so I would have some Idea of which way to go. Money is my biggest restraint so I would like to focus on the areas I can do myself (just as Dale said.)

Glen

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 10:15:28 am »
Originally posted by Bumblebee
You're a star Reg, the car was stunning, love the colour.. Hev's car came up so well, judges clearly don't recognise anything outside the norm.  Loved the event so much more than a car show.

Cheers Bee

It took till the next day to get the picture, My car is a drivers car, Im not towing it so as to get a trophy and the honours assosiated with it. I built it to drive, maybe the Mustang Drivers Club is where I should be at!
Either way I love all you guys and Tropy or no trophy Ima WINNER!
PS Have one complaint..........:[The size of your beer glasses is pathetic. I wore out a pair of shoes back anf forth from the bar.;+
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:18:57 am »
Glen I am like you I am no millionaire like some of these guys. I took me 45 years to get my Mustang & it is now my most treasured posession. I can tell you attention to detail in originallity etc is most important. If you want to pass your car of as a Shelby or a GT350 etc you need to do it properly not some half assed job of putting stickers down the side etc. I spent all weekend at the hotel thinking I haven't got a hope with my stock little C Code coupe who no one takes too much notice of. Low & behold I came home with a trophy......    :f......So I say to all... spend time on the little things , clean even where you dont think anyone in their right mind would look. I was the first out each morning & last each afternoon cleaning & polishing over the weekend..........
It was the first time I had ever been to an organised show like this it was good to get an idea on how to display your car etc.I am looking forward to 2010 allready blown a few bucks this week on original goodies for her    :f  
 Glen I am not sure where you could get one from locally but I got a small Gold covered booklet on concourse rules & reg's etc from Rod Kilvington at Pony Parts in Adelaide (83691049) He was the Head Judge over the weekend, Iam sure he could help you with anything you need to know.....Dale

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 10:32:34 am »
Originally posted by Spider
Dale

Reg to have a judging section for driven cars would be nice......The Black 428 CobraJet of Pete's & the awesome 66 Emberglo fastback were just amazing to look at but I have driven my old girl over 4 thousand MILES since October & have no intention of slowing down she is DRIVEN NOT HIDDEN...There is a huge difference between thoroughbred trailer queens built to win shows & cars like ours that we are out driving every weekend.........

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 10:48:41 am »
Hi Spider

U2U sent as a minor change is required for the results

Herman
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:35 am »
The size of your beer glasses is pathetic. I wore out a pair of shoes back anf forth from the bar.;+ [/quote]

Hi Hev. You should have asked for a pint  (or a jug) and not a 'pony' :+

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 12:11:56 pm »
They didny have pints and when you drinking loansome a jug goes flat and warm before you can finish.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 12:38:57 pm »
Dear Hev,

Now that you have a storker you'll need to be able to drink faster, it'll help your gear changes!  Look at Chris, he's got an auto and he's a slow drinker, he's even resorted to milk!

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Glen68

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 01:12:26 pm »
Thanks Dale,

I will give Rod a call when I get a chance and see what we can organise.

I have to admit that everyone I have met and been in contact with has been just fantastic. I have not had this experience in any other club I have been in over the many years I have had an interest in cars and motorsport. I should have gotten my "Dream car" (Mustang) years ago.  
Glen