2009 Ballarat results

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2009 Ballarat results  (Read 6925 times)

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 01:21:55 pm »
Sheert! I didnt realise that, I suppose he gets his strong arm from swinging Bottles or sorry cartons! Hmmm
Or milken!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:50 pm »
Hev, I thought it was worth seeing her in the flesh...

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 03:35:10 pm »
Dale

I am a retiree and finding it quite hard to manage a show car.  The only reason I have this one done up was to sell my other car to fund it.  I have 2 66 GT's, the other one is a clunker (not quite - it runs well but the paint, omg it is awful) and I love driving it too.  So, I can preserve the gold one a little. I will eventually sell it.  I certainly notice the difference on retiree money compared to working.  Have to pull back and think now not to spend too much.

Attention to detail is the thing.  I know at the Motel I stayed my friends gave me a bit of a drubbing about cleaning the car etc. Ah well, I enjoyed myself too. I did drive it the BBQ run on the Saturday after cleaning it most of the day Friday and then again on Saturday afternoon.

Glen

I tried to get a book or documents about making a car to concours level. Couldn't get one.  I was told to ring when I need to know something.  I know the Mustang Club of America have a book. You can see it on their website if you are a member.

You have to work out what type of show car you want.  Concours original, concours modified or just a show class car. You will find it quite hard to do a concours car especially if you are financially handicapped. It takes a bit of cash to do it because you will need original parts etc. I started off as a concourse but it got too expensive so, I tried to keep my car as near as possible to original even to the extent of rechroming all the parts rather than buy reproduction stuff that don't fit etc. I am happy with the result.  

The most unfortunate thing is they elevated it to concours.  Now, what do I do? I cannot afford to make it a concours car and I cannot show it in 'show class' so looks as though I will have take it along and put it into 'not judged' at a National event. I know they are encouraging members to have their cars at concours level. I guess money is the answer. But where do you get it from? Especially when you are retired.  I guess I have left it too late in life.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »
Spider, great effort.;_
 I haven't got the Moola ( or job ) at present to pour money into my 67 but enjoy it when Joe Public wets himself over getting close up to an American Classic Car.:(
There are plenty of us who dont have the means or time to go to the top of the concourse tree, but enjoy these cars from close proximity just the same.
Hope you had a good time in Ballarat.  Johnno.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 04:13:46 pm »
Reg...:(    just enter your car next year in Original................whats the worst that could hapen.   Bronze, Silver, Gold or nothing either way least you tried, better than watching from the other side of the fence so to speak...
I could if a couple of you need I could get my concourse rule/ regs book photocopied & send it to you

Ditto to what you say Johnno ........I saw your car there...
all Mustang owners should be proud to be able to put their wheels on display at a Mustang show...You dont have to enter any form of judging if you dont want to, just park it there & watch Joe Public drool
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 07:47:53 pm »
Hi Reg,

You know what I think of your car so I won't say it again.  But let me say, that if the concours class next year is the same as Ballarat, for the sake of everyone else, we'd rather you put it in non judged.  Those cars in Concours class were completely isolated ans the Black 428 cobra jet that won was only left out of that impound when other cars had already stated leaving, that was sad.  We'd all rather look at your car up close, then stare at it through cyclone fencing and wait half a day to have a good look.

Don't stress if it's non judged the crowd will be the winner.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline 68pony

• Worked
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:33 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Sheert! I didnt realise that, I suppose he gets his strong arm from swinging Bottles or sorry cartons! Hmmm
Or milken!

but i always have a crate on each arm so it can't be me , he looks like he suffers from stick shiftingitis , remember hev thats what you had when you got back from ballarat , but from that picture it looks like you havn't fully recovered.
ps you bastard you stole my picture :+

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:19 pm »
Reg Drive it like you love to drive it, take care of it and keep driving it......after all what is it a car or a vase?
Christ......nice picture, thanks......ps i stole it from your wifes wallet!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »
Umagh............this will be good!!!!!!!
Cheers Bee

Offline mjb0015

• Worked
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »
Well done Peter Hewitson for getting Gold for your 69, its a fantastic car.

mjb

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:02 am »
Originally posted by mjb0015
Well done Peter Hewitson for getting Gold for your 69, its a fantastic car.

mjb

I will second that........Pete stayed at my hotel & I was fortunate enough to spend some quality time with him over the weekend......He's a great bloke with a wealth of knowledge about Mustangs......Its people like him that endeavour to preserve our marque...Congrats on your win & look forward to possibly catching up again in Adelaide in 2010     :2

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 05:26:53 pm »
We were at your Motel on Friday for lunch. I took a pic of your car under the shelter with 2 others from WA (I think). After lunch the Mac 1 arrived on the trailer. Very nice car.

You may have noticed the red 07 Shelby there too.It travelled with us to Ballarat.  He took a couple of young boys for a ride around the block. I think their father was driving. Super car.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 08:31:40 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Originally posted by Bumblebee
You're a star Reg, the car was stunning, love the colour.. Hev's car came up so well, judges clearly don't recognise anything outside the norm.  Loved the event so much more than a car show.

Cheers Bee

It took till the next day to get the picture, My car is a drivers car, Im not towing it so as to get a trophy and the honours assosiated with it. I built it to drive, maybe the Mustang Drivers Club is where I should be at!
Either way I love all you guys and Tropy or no trophy Ima WINNER!

Hev i love all mustangs and going to these shows is great to see the different  mods people have done but if they don't reward these sort of cars then slowly they won't show up and how boring will that be 400 original looking mustangs , you will stop looking after the first 10 , my 14 year old loves american car shows especialy the one's with blower's sticking out of the bonnet , if i told him we are going to a stock original mustang show he would say quote "sorry dad you old fart ill give it a miss
hev i think you know what im trying to say and this is why I AND I EMPHASISE I , won't enter my car in any form of judging , the thought of having someone i don't know from a bar of soap  judge my car on what he thinks is right ,well no thanks

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
2009 Ballarat results
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 09:02:43 am »
Originally posted by Spider
We were at your Motel on Friday for lunch. I took a pic of your car under the shelter with 2 others from WA (I think). After lunch the Mac 1 arrived on the trailer. Very nice car.

You may have noticed the red 07 Shelby there too.It travelled with us to Ballarat.  He took a couple of young boys for a ride around the block. I think their father was driving. Super car.

Yes Reg I took at look at your beauty that afternoon.....Very nice........You were right about the two parked with me they were both from the west...Great guys....Morrie owned the red 05 vert & Graham was the owner of the 70 Mach1 all chromed up under the bonnet.......The bloke who's son scored a ride in the 07 Shelby was a fella named Pete from Tassie ( Red 66 Coupe 347 ) his crowd & two other couples made the trip up from Hobart.......Boat to Melbourne then drove to Ballarat...........Dale