SMS Performance is on the move......to Townsville.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: SMS Performance is on the move......to Townsville.  (Read 11261 times)

Offline sms777

• Worked
SMS Performance is on the move......to Townsville.
« on: September 28, 2019, 07:21:39 pm »
Good news to North Queensland Mustang owners. Bad news to Sydney siders. After spending more than 30 years in Sydney I have decided to move to more relaxed and warmer pastures and decided on Townsville. No point trying to explain why Townsville....been all over Australia when I was young and for some reason Townsville always been my favourite city. Subtropical climate, no hassle life style, clean and organised almost European atmosphere. I always liked the place so I have decided to call it home for the rest of my life. It will not happen for a few more months yet but I have thought I may as well give you guys heads up of what's in the future for me and my future clients in the tropics.
 Stay tuned for further developments.   

Offline Ausfox

• Worked
Re: SMS Performance is on the move......to Townsville.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:04:32 pm »
Welcome to Townsville, welcome to some of the most expensive Council charges in Australia.

Welcome to one of the highest child car stealing and house breaking rates in Australia.

Welcome to the dearest Electricity costs, (no choice, State Government owned).

Welcome to the dearest car registration in Australia.

Welcome to continuous Council imposed Water restrictions that run for decades!.

Welcome to some of the dearest House Insurance costs in Australia, (Cyclone Area).

Watch where you buy a house as the Corrupt Council has sold off the flood retention basins to Developers to build housing!.

Same Developers that donate thousands to Councilors re-election funds, ("Mayor conviently forgets a $22,000 Developer Donation for two Years"), result, up to 3000 houses flooded when same Council belatedly opens the Ross River Dam during the February floods!.

Was born here, came back to a truely wonderful town in '83, population about 70,000. Now it is close to 230,000 and going down the drain, the crime rate is one of the highest in Queensland.

Only plus for you, there used to be about 200 early Mustangs in the area when I used to keep records, unfortunately all of mine are heading south with me as I am other long term locals have had enough of the Council Corruption, rampant Crime Rate and total neglect from the Government of South East Corner Queensland and am getting out of here!!!.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:02:54 am by Ausfox »
17 SEPT 1964 FASTBACK
1966 Turbo 6Cyl Coupe
1979 INDY PACE CAR

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/427gge/Mustang%20Pacecar/

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »
Well Chris good luck   :thumb:  Bloody hot in the summer I know that . Are you going to set up shop ? . Wouldn't be my choice moving up that far that's for sure .

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:40:55 am »
Welcome to Townsville, welcome to some of the most expensive Council charges in Australia.

Welcome to one of the highest child car stealing and house breaking rates in Australia.

Welcome to some of the dearest House Insurance costs in Australia, (Cyclone Area).

Watch where you buy a house as the Corrupt Council has sold off the flood retention basins to Developers to build housing!.

Same Developers that donate thousands to Councilors re-election funds, result, up to 3000 houses flooded when same Council belatedly opens the Ross River Dam during the February floods!.

Was born here, came back to a truely wonderful town in '83, population about 70,000. Now it is close to 230,000 and going down the drain, the crime rate is one of the highest in Queensland.

So much for the positive aspects, now is there anything negative about it?  :lmao:

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 07:07:39 am »
 Big Moves on both your lives and nothing to be taken lightly, maybe you two guys can do a house swap for one year and see if you like it,  :lol:

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:02:36 am »
Big Moves on both your lives and nothing to be taken lightly, maybe you two guys can do a house swap for one year and see if you like it,  :lol:

Would that include swapping wives too?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 09:05:06 am »
Yes Barnet there is , can't swim in the ocean in the summer months  without the risk of dying from a marine stinger  stinging  you  ,but wait you can take the risk by swimming in a river as long as a crock doesn't eat you .

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 11:26:13 am »

Same Developers that donate thousands to Councilors re-election funds, ("Mayor conviently forgets a $22,000 Developer Donation for two Years"), result, up to 3000 houses flooded when same Council belatedly opens the Ross River Dam during the February floods!.

Only plus for you, there used to be about 200 early Mustangs in the area when I used to keep records, unfortunately all of mine are heading south with me as I am other long term locals have had enough of the Council Corruption, rampant Crime Rate and total neglect from the Government of South East Corner Queensland and am getting out of here!!!.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!  :lmao:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 12:57:13 pm »
Chris have you thought about the Gold Coast ? . The classic car seen is huge and plenty of car clubs . Just the one I'm in has around 400 members and they must own only a V8 car pre 1980 .  If you were to set up a workshop you would do well as its getting hard to find someone that still works on classic cars . If you were to buy a nice home they start from 600 k and up ,or you can still buy one in the high 400 s that's out a little like 20 min to the beach . . Hey at least you will have one new friend    :lmao: I will   arange  so you can meet him   :lmao: ,he is a mopar NUT  :cry:

Offline LeglessOne

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Shane
  • Car: 73 Mach 1 - 460
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »

Exactly why we left Townsville 4 years ago.

Couldn't see us affording the nearly 10 grand a year in rates and insurance. And we were out of the flood and sunami zone half way up Goicoechea drive.

Shane

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 05:47:13 pm »
Well.....thanks for the warm welcome Ausfox. You sound like a disgruntled ex council worker or maybe you didn't get approval to build an aircraft hangar in your backyard to accomodate the fleet of Mustangs you own. Do me a favour....don't sabotage the place before you leave....I like it the way it is now.
Glenn...I did consider Gold Coast and I know what you are saying but my partner and I getting old, we want a nice quiet place to settle down and we spent some time in Townsville together and she likes the place. I have lived in Cairns for nearly five years before so I know what it likes to live in the climate. It's not the heat....it's the humidity that gets you in summer but Townsville is a bit different. You can cope with it. We have made up our minds, found our dream home, I will relax for a while but I will continue with my passion and I will be available to assist the muscle car community either on line or hands on regardless. It's only change of location.......

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »
 Hey Chris, Made the big move last year, sold our dream home, packed up everything and moved from Melb to Newcastle, it is a big thing and there is far more to it than you can ever guess, don't regret it for a second, hope all goes to plan and good luck with it all.., Andrew,

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
  • Name: Shane
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 06:37:59 pm »
Hi Chris. Good luck with the move. 

I plan on moving to Magnetic Island when I retire in about 5 years time (subject to elderly parents who still need assistance).  We have family on the island and have been going there 25 years and love it. So I can relate. We also have family in Kirwan, Townsville, so have that link too. 

Not sure I'll still have the muscle cars when I move to the island though - humidity, salt air, and rust go hand in hand up there!

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 07:11:28 pm »
Thanks Andrew....thats what i need right now, positive input. I have made some big moves in my life before and it's frightening, hopefully this is the last one. Don't worry, I will stay on line and will be available to assist any problems like before anytime thanks to computer science. Cheers.

b]scollist. [/b] I have been to Magnetic Island several times. It is fantastic, only 20 minutes ferry ride from the mainland. Don't be concerned about sea mist, it all vaporises before it hits the shores due to the heat. No rusty Mustangs in Townsville.....trust me.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:13:58 pm by sms777 »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 07:40:35 pm »
All good Chris and the best of luck on your new venture and I hope you find someone that talks MOPAR  with you  :lmao:

Offline Ausfox

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 08:27:26 pm »
Thanks for the smart arse remarks!.

No, I am not a disgruntled Council worker, that term in itself is an Oxymoron, have been attending Auto Auctions here for about thirty years, and it was the norm to find it hard to get a car park due to Council vehicles, their drivers on the ratepayers purse.
Got so bad, all Council vehicles are now fitted with Live GPS trackers.

My last building permit was for a pool in 1983, and I don't own a "Fleet" of Mustangs.

If you don't want to know the truth, keep your rose coloured glasses on.

I hope you consulted a flood map when you found your dream home, not that it would be much benefit, as the Council decieded during the recent floods, to not drain the dam until it was over 200% capacity.

Also did you check that your dream home in not in one of the nice residential neighbourhoods where the State Government has just established Bail Houses to house Teen criminals,  residents in these suburbs are now fortifying their houses as these "Children" come and go and continue their Break and Enter activities unchecked.

Got an Household Insurance quote yet?. I have just bought down south and Insurance for a property twice the value is one fifth of what I was forced to pay here.

If you like it the way it is, would suggest you do a little more homework!.

Suggest you subscribe to the local paper to get a true picture of Townsville.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:29:32 pm by Ausfox »
17 SEPT 1964 FASTBACK
1966 Turbo 6Cyl Coupe
1979 INDY PACE CAR

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/427gge/Mustang%20Pacecar/

Offline Tempest

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 01:14:19 am »
Welcome to the north Chris!

I'm down the road in Mackay, but visit Townsville fairly often, you'll be just in time for the buildup!

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 08:19:12 am »
Ausfox.....Sorry if I was a bit harsh on you but you were the first one to reply to my post and it was full of negativity. Be assured that I did my homework, it wasn't an overnight decision. I lived in Townsville in the early eighties around the same time when you said it had the population of 70000, I remember it well. I have visited the place 7 times in the last two years, I was up there just before the floods and again 3 months after. You knock the councils but I take my hat off to them for doing a superb job cleaning up the place. There was hardly any sign of the damage, the place is perfectly clean. I do have all the flood maps, I even kept drone footage of suburbs affected, done extensive research of crime rate and I know what suburbs to keep away from. I am sorry that you feel bitter about your experience in Townsville and good luck with your move.

Tempest   ....Thanks for the welcome....will meet up one day.. :cheers:

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »
Airlie Beach is where its at..

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 01:49:32 am »
Yes Barnet there is , can't swim in the ocean in the summer months  without the risk of dying from a marine stinger  stinging  you  ,but wait you can take the risk by swimming in a river as long as a crock doesn't eat you .

OMG...that place sounds GRRREAT!  :lmao:

Offline hux

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Craig
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:02 am »
OMG...that place sounds GRRREAT!  :lmao:

See they left out the other positives of - home to a solid population of coastal taipans and eastern brown snakes.

Townsville does have one real major positive - home to the North Queensland Cownboys NRL team.  Ohh and then there is the Great Barrier Reef on your door step - and the Strand is a nice spot to spend some time - and the people are pretty nice as well. 

I thought all councils were corrupt - its in the job description.  And youth crime is a product of the Lefty state government - its just not as well publicised in the South East corner but trust me - its no different.   

The fabulous Gold Coast is no more attractive - has far higher rates of violent crime and is home to most of the States con artists and major drug dealers formerly known as members of motor cycle gangs.

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 10:07:31 am »
Any place is what you make of it, you can spend you later years with all the doors and windows locked peering through the curtains at life, or you can get out there amongst it and make the most of it all, the glass is always half full ready to be topped up...., :smile01:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 10:45:18 am »
Hey hux be careful what you say about the Gold Coast ,I know people  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .  There is good and bad no matter where you live . You should try Compton  CA  hey Barnett even tho it's much better now than it was that's for sure .

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »
You should try Compton  CA  hey Barnett even tho it's much better now than it was that's for sure .

You're right, Glenn...the guys here ain't seen jack sh_t compared to Compton, and yes, it is better now than it used to be, because now they only have 7 gang related shootings a month instead of 10, so that leaves 30% more criminals on the street.   :lmao:

...plus, other than the rats that might give you a mild case of rabies if they bite you, there aren't any animals there that will kill you if they bite you.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:08:32 pm by barnett468 »

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 01:34:38 pm »
You're right, Glenn...the guys here ain't seen jack sh_t compared to Compton, and yes, it is better now than it used to be, because now they only have 7 gang related shootings a month instead of 10, so that leaves 30% more criminals on the street.   :lmao:

...plus, other than the rats that might give you a mild case of rabies if they bite you, there aren't any animals there that will kill you if they bite you.  :thumb:

That's nothing compared to downtown Baltimore. They had 400+ gun related gang murders each year when I was there in college.