Technical & General Discussion Area > Concours & Show n Shine Judging

Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF

<< < (3/11) > >>

HAPPY ONE:

--- Quote from: barnett468 on May 18, 2016, 09:54:55 am ---.
It might be fun to borrow a rusty beater and enter it in the driven class . You might win a prize for having the lowest scoring Mustang ever.  :lmao:

--- End quote ---

Thats too funny ....but it's already been done !    :pepper:

RocketScientist:
Welcome to the world of Concours Judging, where politics and good mates outweigh the quality of the car. I have met a number of fantastic judges who were skilled and dedicated and I didn't have an issue with them telling me that my exhaust bolts were wrong. Then there are those judges that couldn't tell the difference between a steering wheel and a spare wheel and I have experienced a number of them. Two of the more notorious things I have experienced are:

A Boss 302 getting top billing even though it was running a 351 Cleveland and dripping oil from every orifice.
The myth perpetrated that 67 GT500's came off the line with 390's due to an engine shortage.

Herman:
Like I've said before,

Concours Judging certainly brings up a lot of issues and interesting debates & I am sure we aren't only ones having these type of issues.

barnett468:

--- Quote from: RocketScientist on May 18, 2016, 11:23:17 am ---Then there are those judges that couldn't tell the difference between a steering wheel and a spare wheel...
--- End quote ---

:lmao:

--- Quote from: RocketScientist on May 18, 2016, 11:23:17 am ---Two of the more notorious things I have experienced are:

A Boss 302 getting top billing even though it was running a 351 Cleveland and dripping oil from every orifice.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but this only substantiated the owners claim for his particular class that it truly was a "daily driver".

RocketScientist:
Would you believe that those two examples were related to Gold level cars?
I think the Boss got the goods (or Silver at least) but the GT500 owner left in tears. There was popular debate for a number of years as people pushed for the Shelby to attain Gold level as they were mates with the owner.
All competition judging has the same dramas and they make for good stories over a couple of beers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version