2015/2016 mustang owners reports

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015/2016 mustang owners reports  (Read 189418 times)

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
2015/2016 mustang owners reports
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »
Thought it would be nice for all the lucky new owners to show and tell us about their new 2016 mustangs .  What you think , how good it is or bad ,etc etc .

Offline 69candy

• Worked
Re: 2015/2016 mustang owners reports
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:29:12 pm »
Don't have one, but a newby waiting for its owner at the Ford dealer today. Black with black wheels. Sweet looking ride. I was in my 69 so I think that's better. Very nice inside, but that back seat is a waste. Might get a pigmy in it!! Thought my 69 was bad!!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:42:08 pm »
I tried sitting in the back of one to test the seat and when the seat was slid back it is so low to the floor that I couldn't fit my feet under it.

Offline Bigbomber77

• Stallion
  • Embrace the mid life crisis
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 10:21:10 pm »
After four days ownership of my wifes daily drive ecoboost convertible, I got access to the keys for the second time tonight.  My job was to go and get pizza.  I opened the boot to put pizza in as there is not much room in the car and I was greeted by 6 pairs of shoes in boxes and a few stray shoes.  Maybe when you have a new car you need a new wardrobe? or maybe it has just been a long time since I got into one of her other cars.....
- The car goes very very well and is easy to use.
- interior feels good quality
- it is the hardest car I have ever washed, there are many nooks and crannys especially in the rear tail lights and under the bumpers front and rear, the washing sponge on the roof feels like fingernails on a chalkboard.
- I do miss the V8 rumble of my 65 but the performance largely makes up for that. nearly.
- With all the rain in nsw this week we have not found any leaks.
- The stereo is very good.
- The voice activation of the GPS/phone/stereo works very well.
- The car is a bit hard to get out in and out of gracefully unless the doors are wide open and you need a lot of room for that.
- The seats are very comfy but I don't think they will wear very well as you seem to put a lot of pressure/friction on the side of the seat to climb in and out of the car.
- Most people don't know what the car is but seem to suspect that it is a bit more exotic than a mustang.
- There is a small pocket in the front of the console that looks like not a bad place to put your phone but I have twice accidently bumped the toggle switch that turns on the hazard lights.
- There is bugger all room in the back seat (sorry kids your mum is in mid life crisis too and needed a mustang) and there is only room for two kids but we have three.
- Everybody loves the mustang lights that shine on the road from under the rear vision mirrors when the car is unlocked.
- For the young guys on a date the handbrake on the passengers side of the console is an opportunity to feel your passengers upper leg (there is no other option) as you reach for the handbrake, but be careful if its your sons girlfriend. sorry apologies again.
- The car seems very wide on the outside but small on the inside.
- With the roof up on my 65 vert there is no sound deadening, but in the new car with the roof up it feels like any other sedan there must be a lot of sound deadening between the inner and outer roof.
- if it sounded a bit better and they nailed the bonnet shut and told you it was a V8 judging by the performance you wouldn't know it wasn't.

Cheers
BB
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:45:02 pm by Bigbomber77 »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:10:14 pm »
Excellent report thank you  :thumb: .  Seeing it can fit all those shoe boxes do you think it could fit a spare wheel ? .  I wonder if they will move the hand brake to the right hand side on next years model for the right hand drive exports .

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:11:37 pm »
6 pairs of shoes in 4 days = nearly 550 in one year ...she spends at that rate and you can still afford a new Stang? I take my hat off to you sir!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 11:35:20 pm »
Great review, thanks

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 10:43:19 am »
That boot looks tiny, I wonder how it compares to the 2014 boot?  When I drove a V6 and a GT in 2014 over in the US I could fit two large suitcases on their sides in the boot.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 10:52:55 am »
I think the photo may be making it look at bit small. When I saw the boot up close it looks a reasonable size.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 11:44:27 am »
Well, it looks a tad larger than my 2002 boot, and I've fitted everything into that apart from a body and a block. You would be surprised how much stuff you can get in them when you need to.
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »
We drive a 2015 vert in US in August and the boot is definitely larger that my wife's 2007 GT vert. I think the section at the front of the boot that contains the top when down must be much more refined than the older models.
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline austang

• 2015 Mustang GT Fastback
  • Stallion
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 05:25:15 pm »
Race Red GT fastback auto picked up on Tuesday, 4 days ago. My impression after 4 days and about 200km.

It looks stunning. Lower and wider than photos suggest.  :thumb: I am happy with my race red choice.  I was worried it may be too light or orange but it is good and looks fantastic with the black wheels and other black accents.

The interior is good overall but there are some areas that could be improved. Improvement in some materials would cost more, so you can't have it both ways.

The seats are comfortable - softer than I am used to, but give good support restrict side movement.

The technology in the car seems excellent but still exploring.  The sync2 system seems very good too.

The important stuff...
Performance - Nearly all the driving I have done is in General mode. I tried Sport mode and the difference was remarkable with the engine revving more freely, but call me old fashioned, I would like to run it in before using Sport mode with gusto.  That said, the performance in General mode is fantastic. The sweet coyote V8 burbles along and is very responsive with a very satisfying growl. Can't wait till I have run it in a bit.

Ride - the ride is firmer than I expected.  Unfortunately, I drive along tram tracks to work and the bumps are a bit harsh. I had a quick (as in short) drive through the Dandenong ranges today and some sections were pretty rough but the GT handled the bad road through corners without any issue. (see handling). On a smooth road it truly is a grand tourer.

Handling - much better than I expected.  The GT is sharp, planted and poised.  It's fantastic!!  The steering feels sharp and the grip gives great confidence as it sits flat through a corner.  It may not handle as well as a BMW M3 but the balance between all the elements makes it more fun to drive, IMHO.  :))

Fuel economy - economy may not be the right word, but it doesn't seem too bad.  Remember, only around 200km, so I am not sure how accurate or indicative this will be.  Before my drive through the Dandenong ranges, it was 16.5 l/100km.  After, it had dropped to 14.7 l/100km.

Paint work - the race red looks stunning and generally the quality of the paint work is excellent.  No swirl marks and a rich feel to the overall look.  There were some minor issues though. There are a couple of faults in the paint work on mine and apparently this is not uncommon with the Mustangs delivered so far.  In my case, there are two small (match head size) bubbles (?) and three scratch like lines on the bonnet.  Ford have agreed to fix them under warranty, as they should.  But from my perspective, I don't really want to leave my car in a panel shop for a few days.  I will find out more when I go there for their evaluation on the best fix.

Issues - none except the paint work mentioned.

I hope this is helpful to those members patiently waiting for their new  :event:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:44:51 pm by austang »

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »
Thanks austang

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »
Already a couple on Carsales.

$95k and $85k  :omg:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »
It will be interesting to see if they sell

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »
Thanks Austang, I pick mine up in 2-3 weeks. My son is a vehicle refinisher & owns his own resto shop, so I will definitely take him along for delivery to pick the imperfections...look out Ford!
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 09:52:39 pm »
A couple of great reports guys thank you ,but try and keep this thread on track with the  new owners of the 2015/16 mustangs and there reports on the cars .  Don't like the sound of paint bubbles hmm .

Offline Yuvraj 2015 5.0

• Getting my 2016 mustang on March 19th 2016!!!!!!
  • Pony
  • i've orderd my 2016 mustang gt race red automatic
  • Name: Yuvraj
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 10:09:21 pm »
Race Red GT fastback auto picked up on Tuesday, 4 days ago. My impression after 4 days and about 200km.

It looks stunning. Lower and wider than photos suggest.  :thumb: I am happy with my race red choice.  I was worried it may be too light or orange but it is good and looks fantastic with the black wheels and other black accents.

The interior is good overall but there are some areas that could be improved. Improvement in some materials would cost more, so you can't have it both ways.

The seats are comfortable - softer than I am used to, but give good support restrict side movement.

The technology in the car seems excellent but still exploring.  The sync2 system seems very good too.

The important stuff...
Performance - Nearly all the driving I have done is in General mode. I tried Sport mode and the difference was remarkable with the engine revving more freely, but call me old fashioned, I would like to run it in before using Sport mode with gusto.  That said, the performance in General mode is fantastic. The sweet coyote V8 burbles along and is very responsive with a very satisfying growl. Can't wait till I have run it in a bit.

Ride - the ride is firmer than I expected.  Unfortunately, I drive along tram tracks to work and the bumps are a bit harsh. I had a quick (as in short) drive through the Dandenong ranges today and some sections were pretty rough but the GT handled the bad road through corners without any issue. (see handling). On a smooth road it truly is a grand tourer.

Handling - much better than I expected.  The GT is sharp, planted and poised.  It's fantastic!!  The steering feels sharp and the grip gives great confidence as it sits flat through a corner.  It may not handle as well as a BMW M3 but the balance between all the elements makes it more fun to drive, IMHO.  :))

Fuel economy - economy may not be the right word, but it doesn't seem too bad.  Remember, only around 200km, so I am not sure how accurate or indicative this will be.  Before my drive through the Dandenong ranges, it was 16.5 l/100km.  After, it had dropped to 14.7 l/100km.

Paint work - the race red looks stunning and generally the quality of the paint work is excellent.  No swirl marks and a rich feel to the overall look.  There were some minor issues though. There are a couple of faults in the paint work on mine and apparently this is not uncommon with the Mustangs delivered so far.  In my case, there are two small (match head size) bubbles (?) and three scratch like lines on the bonnet.  Ford have agreed to fix them under warranty, as they should.  But from my perspective, I don't really want to leave my car in a panel shop for a few days.  I will find out more when I go there for their evaluation on the best fix.

Issues - none except the paint work mentioned.

I hope this is helpful to those members patiently waiting for their new  :event:

congrats on the car mate :)
i ordered the same spec mustang as yours, race red gt automatic with black wheels and its been at baltimore since the 4th of jan 2016. i had a few questions to ask, firstly how does the stock exhaust sound??? and does the car lose traction when you floor it at the lights???
2016 Mustang GT MY16 [Race Red] Fastback.
 Transmission:automatic || Wheels: 19" ebony
 Ordered:22/11/14 || Vin number:7/12/15
 Window sticker:7/12/15 || Build:11/12/15
 Etis updated:15/12/15 || Gate release:18/12/15
Booked:2/2/16 || Scanned at terminal:3/2/16
Received at terminal:3/2/16 || Vessel:Faust
Melbourne:16/3/16 || Delivery:???
 Baltimore:4/1/16 || Compound Entry:6/1/16

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »
Does the car loose  :burnout: when you floor it  at the lights  :lmao:  love it  :grin:

Offline Ron v

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 09:31:54 am »
 After four days and 600 km my car runs beautifully looks gorgeous but also suffers from flaws in the paint. Three of which will have to be repaired, my dealer has told me to drop it in  to the paint shop and send him the bill. Seats are a little to hard for my liking as is the ride but after lowering the air pressure from 38 to 32 psi the latter has improved.  Fuel economy is of little importance but I manage to get 400 km out of the first tank before refuelling.  Cheers Ron

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 11:36:41 am »
Saw the first one on road in my area today just after 9am, Black coupe (eco I think, didn't notice the 5.0 badge) travelling north on Grand Parade Ramsgate Beach...looked fantastic
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 04:10:25 pm »
Saw the first one on road in my area today just after 9am, Black coupe (eco I think, didn't notice the 5.0 badge) travelling north on Grand Parade Ramsgate Beach...looked fantastic

Hi Gaz,so I better keep my eyes open while I'm riding my bike then...

Offline austang

• Stallion
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 04:19:42 pm »
...how does the stock exhaust sound??? and does the car lose traction when you floor it at the lights???
I think the stock exhaust sounds great. 
Only if you turn off the traction control.

Offline austang

• Stallion
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 04:32:29 pm »
A couple of other points to report...

Service book - I didn't get a Ford or Mustang service book. Only a book from the dealer for their extended protection plan. I haven't followed up with the dealer yet but did any other owners get a service book?

Cruise control - someone asked if it was adaptive cruise control - it's not.

K-brace - the k-brace included with a GT is different than the US version (at least on mine). The first picture shows the US k-brace.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 04:58:58 pm »
Hi Gaz,so I better keep my eyes open while I'm riding my bike then...
Hi John, should have mine in 2 weeks....I'll keep u posted