2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397247 times)

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #875 on: April 13, 2016, 02:25:19 pm »
Hmmm.....Dealer called - seems to be a 'small blemish - about the size of a finger nail in side panel paint.' So it is off to the panel-beaters / body shop today before I even get it and then I get to pick it up Friday. Dealer said they had looked at everything else, panels, seat trims, etc, where there have been issues and on mine they tell me, all good.

I guess if I had travelled the better part of 16,000 km's, I'd probably end up with a bump or two......

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #876 on: April 13, 2016, 10:43:45 pm »
had my 5L manual on the hoist at my sons Resto Shop yesterday prior to its' "PEACE OF MIND"  :grin: inspection @ FORD today, definitely looks like an upgrade will be a big PLUS......Exhausted, what are you fitting/recommending, what differences are noticeable & how does it affect Ford warranty?
I'm in Sydney unfortunately.
Apparently the convertibles are all auto's. (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm using Magnaflow twin 3" stainless systems on the V8's & twin 2.5" on the Eco boost model. I would advise you to use the 'street' system on the auto's as the competition system resonates like hell on the autos. There is a little bit of a mod to ensure a good fit (only takes a minute) The competition system is loader & depends on your threshold of pain!! X-Force also have a system available but have not tried one yet. I use the Magnaflow brand ...American car .. American system. They are dearer than the Chinese systems but have a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the vehicle. In regards to affecting the Ford warranty .. that is something you need to discuss with your dealer. A lot of the systems I have fitted are for a Ford dealer, so apparently it doesn't affect it????
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:47:23 pm by EXHAUSTED »

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #877 on: April 13, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
Keen to see what you are fitting as well, mine is finally on the boat so into Perth in 5 weeks or so

Quite a bit of chatter here as well - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21198

cheers

greg
I have fitted 12 systems now. Pretty easy. Could do it with my eyes closed. One system I have fitted was a twin 2.5" Borla system supplied by a customer. Did not think much of it. Small rear mufflers, tinnie sounding, didn't fit without having to put a 5 deg bend in right side connecting pipe to make it fit.

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #878 on: April 13, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »
Dealers are renowned for having less than perfect pre-deliver wash processes. Sometimes, tiny scratches get into the clear coat and it then takes your detailer a couple of hours extra work to get them out again if you intend on having it in showroom condition. I am getting after market paint protection applied - Opticoat Pro - but there are plenty of them available - and I don't want the expense of getting the detailer to do the extra work getting out the little micro scratches if it is not needed.

Also note the paint protection on your insurance policy, that way it's covered if you ever need panel/paint repairs.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
« Reply #879 on: April 14, 2016, 08:11:12 am »
Also note the paint protection on your insurance policy, that way it's covered if you ever need panel/paint repairs.

That's a good idea. I had never thought of that!

Offline JasonK

• Worked
« Reply #880 on: April 14, 2016, 08:53:49 am »
A black 2015 Mustang registered "28 PONY" drove past me this morning near Milperra....great looking machine.

I finally got to see my one yesterday afternoon - although cant pick it up until tomorrow morning!

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #881 on: April 14, 2016, 09:23:18 am »
Beautiful car!!  :cheers:
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #882 on: April 14, 2016, 12:18:30 pm »
............. I'm using Magnaflow twin 3" stainless systems on the V8's & twin 2.5" on the Eco boost model. I would advise you to use the 'street' system on the auto's as the competition system resonates like hell on the autos.......

Yup, I was leaning towards the Magnaflow Street Catback....where to buy? Prefer to buy local, that is in OZ. AmericanMuscle.com & CJPony both sell this item but I have had issues with deliveries from both .........American Muscle.com price is AU$2212 incl tax, duty & shipping. I'm thinking of going with a C&L Street Cold Air intake also!....Any feedback on suppliers will be appreciated.
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Zerky

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #883 on: April 14, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »
Has any one fitted extractors to the new v8 mustang yet?
Is it much of a job?

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #884 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:56 pm »
Yup, I was leaning towards the Magnaflow Street Catback....where to buy? Prefer to buy local, that is in OZ. AmericanMuscle.com & CJPony both sell this item but I have had issues with deliveries from both .........American Muscle.com price is AU$2212 incl tax, duty & shipping. I'm thinking of going with a C&L Street Cold Air intake also!....Any feedback on suppliers will be appreciated.
Hi Gazza.  Let me see what I can arrange for you from Sydney from my supplier. I'll get back to you tomorrow night hopefully. It will be from Supercat Converters as they are the Australian distributors for Magnaflow.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #885 on: April 14, 2016, 11:28:19 pm »
Quote from: GT Sally
I'm thinking of going with a C&L Street Cold Air intake also!....Any feedback on suppliers will be appreciated.

I have been pondering a CAI on the Cobra - as a standard (4.6ltr 32v) car I read it was never worthwhile, and apparently gains are limited until you're at higher boost levels around the 5/600rwhp mark. At that level, I have seen dyno reports with 30-40hp gains and one showing a 60rwhp gain but that was a Crusher Whipple (3.4ltr IIRC) car.

On a standard N/A injected car, I would want the supplier/manufacturer to show dyno reports of actual RWHP gains on a car with the same mods as mine before I parted with any money....
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline dingobreath

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: Sequential Turn Signals
« Reply #886 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:19 am »
Is there a way to get the Sequential Turn Signals working again? Is it legal? I have Sequential Turn Signals on Audi.

Nah I think the rear lights on the world mustang have been programmed to have single turn signals. If you want sequence ones you need to by a whole new light unit which are about 1500 each.

I think sequential signals are not legal on new cars, depending on what state you are in. If in doubt look up the road traffic act.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #887 on: April 15, 2016, 07:48:45 am »
Hi Gazza.  Let me see what I can arrange for you from Sydney from my supplier. I'll get back to you tomorrow night hopefully. It will be from Supercat Converters as they are the Australian distributors for Magnaflow.
Thanks mate...
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #888 on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »

Offline JohnMel

• P Plates
  • Welcome to the Mustang Forum
« Reply #889 on: April 15, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »
Picked up my V8 Mustang today. Magnetic with OTT stripe.. well worth the 15 month wait. can sit along side my '65 mustang

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #890 on: April 15, 2016, 11:07:10 pm »
Congrats John

Offline Mustang_GT

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #891 on: April 16, 2016, 08:11:19 am »
Order my Mustang 4 December 2014.

Manufactured 10 December 2015.

Finally pick it up today at 11:00am :)

Car will be heavily modified (mechanically and consmetically). Should be done in about 2 weeks. Will post pics once done.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #892 on: April 16, 2016, 11:23:58 am »
Order my Mustang 4 December 2014.

Manufactured 10 December 2015.

Finally pick it up today at 11:00am :)

Car will be heavily modified (mechanically and consmetically). Should be done in about 2 weeks. Will post pics once done.
Can't wait to see it after the photos you showed me a few months ago.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #893 on: April 16, 2016, 11:36:23 am »

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #894 on: April 16, 2016, 11:43:14 am »
Picked up my V8 Mustang today. Magnetic with OTT stripe.. well worth the 15 month wait. can sit along side my '65 mustang
Like mine :grin:

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #895 on: April 16, 2016, 02:01:37 pm »
....... In regards to affecting the Ford warranty .. that is something you need to discuss with your dealer. A lot of the systems I have fitted are for a Ford dealer, so apparently it doesn't affect it????.....
Spoke to the Service Manager @ my dealership yesterday....doesn't affect warranty if there are no sensors fitted to the system...therefore a unit in it self.
Now to find a CAI to suit without tune, as a retune apparently affects certain warranties....I'll be in contact with you soon.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
« Reply #896 on: April 16, 2016, 08:21:15 pm »
Well, I,finally picked up my Mustang at midday yesterday.

A couple of fun things happened. As I was driving up Church St from the dealership, at the set of lights at the top of the hill, so about 500 meters from the dealership a taxi pulled up next to me at the lights.

The passengers window gets wound down and a bloke leans out.

"Hey mate! Nice car. How much did you pay for it?"

"70k"

"I'll give you $80k cash for it right now"

At this point the lights turn green and I have just enough time to shout back "NO" before the taxi starts to get rapidly smaller in the rear view mirror. :grin:

Then on the way home from work, I get stuck in traffic near home. There is traffic built up in the other direction too. Everyone is going nowhere fast....anyway the 4wd next to me going the other direction winds down the drivers and rear passengers window. Dad is pointing at my mustang and explaining something to his four year old son in the booster seat in the back. The kid smiles and points to my car. So I slip,it into neutral and push about 5000 revs out the back. The grumble is very cool and the little kids face lights up with the biggest smile. Dad and mum wave thanks back and it made me feel really good too.

Lovely way to finish day one with a mustang. :thumb:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #897 on: April 16, 2016, 09:49:31 pm »
Congrats on the delivery

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #898 on: April 17, 2016, 12:12:12 am »
Congrats  :cheers:
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline Xan_C

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2016, 02:44:00 pm »
Dealers are renowned for having less than perfect pre-deliver wash processes. Sometimes, tiny scratches get into the clear coat and it then takes your detailer a couple of hours extra work to get them out again if you intend on having it in showroom condition. I am getting after market paint protection applied - Opticoat Pro - but there are plenty of them available - and I don't want the expense of getting the detailer to do the extra work getting out the little micro scratches if it is not needed.

Hey guys,

Any recommendations for mustang detailing in Sydney or north of the bridge? You've got me wondering wether I should even bother getting the dealer to do the paint protection when I finally pick mine up! Is it much of a price difference?