2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397263 times)

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #800 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:01 pm »
GT Sally, is it an easy fix?  (Interesting number plate placement by the way  :thumb:)
As for fix, there is a you tube video from UK I saw, adjusting the latch mechanism, that didn't work! The contour of the bar & bonnet are different. My son has a resto/smash repair shop, he says it can be fixed, but my car is not a priority at the moment... :tissue:.. when he gets to it, I will post.
That number plate position was temporary with cable ties as I didn't want the dealer to use the American plate bracket. It may just be illegal here in NSW as it is not within the 45 deg viewing angle from the top...besides that, it does block some grill area which may cause a hot spot in the radiator? (I am a mechanical engineer but not an automotive Engineer).
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline finch18

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #801 on: March 23, 2016, 06:52:26 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with this?

DELIVERED FROM    MELBOURNE    22-03-2016 15:00:00    1
 DISCHARGED    PORT KEMBLA    21-03-2016 13:24:33    1
 LINER RELEASE    PORT KEMBLA    21-03-2016 10:18:28   
 LOADED ON VESSEL    MELBOURNE    19-03-2016 18:20:00    1
 DISCHARGED    MELBOURNE    18-03-2016 01:12:31

I have attached a screenshot that has the above information. Shouldn't it say Delivered from Port Kembla? I am from Sydney and I was hoping it will be delivered via truck from Port Kembla?

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #802 on: March 23, 2016, 07:56:32 pm »
Finally got my window sticker info today

Offline GregC

• Pony
  • MOCA Member Owner of a 2016 GT Manual (Race Red)
« Reply #803 on: March 24, 2016, 01:08:21 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with this?

DELIVERED FROM    MELBOURNE    22-03-2016 15:00:00    1
 DISCHARGED    PORT KEMBLA    21-03-2016 13:24:33    1
 LINER RELEASE    PORT KEMBLA    21-03-2016 10:18:28   
 LOADED ON VESSEL    MELBOURNE    19-03-2016 18:20:00    1
 DISCHARGED    MELBOURNE    18-03-2016 01:12:31

I am on the Central Coast and my Mustang was dropped off in Melbourne where it went through the inspection process and was then trucked to Sydney to Pixicar Holding Yard in Western Sydney.

I have attached a screenshot that has the above information. Shouldn't it say Delivered from Port Kembla? I am from Sydney and I was hoping it will be delivered via truck from Port Kembla?
Greg

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #804 on: March 24, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »
Re delivering cars for BNE delivery via Port of MEB....

Well, some wombat at Ford decided that it would be better to deliver all cars to MEB, clear, clean and then deliver by road to the dealer from there. For MEB customers, this makes sense. For everyone else, is adds days and possibly a week and a bit to the process.

My GT Ragtop is presently 50km off the Gold Coast in the Tamesis, having overnighted in Port of BNE, and it will stop at Port Kembla and then sail to MEB to be offloaded before being trucked back to SYD.

Offline finch18

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #805 on: March 24, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »
Thanks Greg.

Here is a new update. Please have a look at the screenshot.

Offline Xan_C

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #806 on: March 24, 2016, 07:18:35 pm »
Have seen this on every S550 I've seen so far, including mine. Bonnet to bar misalignment

Geez, GT Sally. I'm not quite sure how that slips past QC at flat rock??

Offline goff

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Godfrey
« Reply #807 on: March 25, 2016, 12:22:23 pm »

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #808 on: March 25, 2016, 05:59:39 pm »
Re delivering cars for BNE delivery via Port of MEB....

Well, some wombat at Ford decided that it would be better to deliver all cars to MEB, clear, clean and then deliver by road to the dealer from there. For MEB customers, this makes sense. For everyone else, is adds days and possibly a week and a bit to the process.

My GT Ragtop is presently 50km off the Gold Coast in the Tamesis, having overnighted in Port of BNE, and it will stop at Port Kembla and then sail to MEB to be offloaded before being trucked back to SYD.

It appears Ford Australia couldn't organise a sand castle building competition at the beach.

My car is scheduled for a Melbourne offload despite 39 other cars scheduled for a Brisbane offload. This will add weeks to an already extended delivery. Let alone the extra cost of trucking or shipping the car back to Queensland.  The car has been in transit since the 18th December. Despite emailing and phoning Ford to let them know - they really don't care.

Offline mwhite1970

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #809 on: March 26, 2016, 09:38:15 am »
Just a word of caution to all - check the door alignment carefully and ensure they open properly, and the gap is even around the doors.  Mine arrived 11 days ago and been at Ford for the last 9 days (and 31km on the clock) with lots of problems... One of the main ones is the drivers side door has dropped front and back by about 10mm (ie straight down) and can be seen easily by looking at the crease down the side of the car.  The passenger side door (as reported to me) has a clunk when it is opened.  A guy a Ford remarked it could be a twisted chassis (I don't know who he is but works there and was there when I booked the car in).  And as I did not buy the car there, it is a low priority - not even a loan vehicle was offered!  Make sure to check before you take it off the floor - I did not have that luxury as the car was bought in Melbourne and trucked up to me.

Offline mwhite1970

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #810 on: March 26, 2016, 09:58:08 am »
Just to show the door misalignment problem - and the boot liner not installed correctly...  Did not get a photo of the scratched Brembo brakes either...

Offline finch18

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #811 on: March 26, 2016, 05:12:11 pm »
Thanks Mate.

I will look at that first thing before I take the delivery.

Do we know how many of us have had the same problem?

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #812 on: March 26, 2016, 05:40:38 pm »
My doors are aligned but the bonnet to front guard alignment is dodgy . . . As has been noted by others. The rear guard (lhs) is slightly out of alignment with  the adjoining panel but only noticeable on close inspection.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline finch18

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2016, 07:36:35 pm »
Disappointing.

This just killed my excitement. I hope Ford fixes this.

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »
Disappointing.

I am still excited. Despite the little hiccups, the car is still fun to drive.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline RuffCoupe

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2016, 12:06:41 am »
Just a word of caution to all - check the door alignment carefully and ensure they open properly, and the gap is even around the doors.  Mine arrived 11 days ago and been at Ford for the last 9 days (and 31km on the clock) with lots of problems... One of the main ones is the drivers side door has dropped front and back by about 10mm (ie straight down) and can be seen easily by looking at the crease down the side of the car.  The passenger side door (as reported to me) has a clunk when it is opened.  A guy a Ford remarked it could be a twisted chassis (I don't know who he is but works there and was there when I booked the car in).  And as I did not buy the car there, it is a low priority - not even a loan vehicle was offered!  Make sure to check before you take it off the floor - I did not have that luxury as the car was bought in Melbourne and trucked up to me.

We took our vert into the local dealer (bought elsewhere) needs to go back for 3 days next month for panel adjustment - was offered a loan car, $800 quote to ford approved same day.

Most of the panel issues were fine 3 months ago at pickup, happened in  2500 klms since then.

Cheers

J

Offline mwhite1970

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2016, 05:52:23 am »
Mate mine was with 31km on the clock, and has been in at the local dealership (for this and the other problems) when I had the car less than 2 days...

Dealer here did not sell the car so they do not appear to be in any rush to fix it (or return phone calls either), and no offer of a loan car either (been nearly 2 weeks now since it arrived!).  It has not even been booked in for the panel work as at last Thursday (I know because I called the panel beaters that supplied the quote).

Ford Customer Relations are looking into it now to get a loan car, and some sort of time frame.  And everything is documented too.

Worst new car experience I have ever had!

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2016, 06:53:17 pm »
For Anyone waiting on a Mustang aboardthe Tamesis, I have good news. It docked in MEB last night. Cars are usually pre-cleared through customs, so the wait might be fairly short......

Of course things can get screwed up, but theoretically at least, roll off tomorrow, onto a truck on Wed, in Syd on Thu, pick up from dealer Sat.... But like I said, theoretically....

Or maybe I am just getting my hopes up!

Offline RYN00S

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #818 on: March 29, 2016, 12:27:20 pm »
For Anyone waiting on a Mustang aboardthe Tamesis, I have good news. It docked in MEB last night. Cars are usually pre-cleared through customs, so the wait might be fairly short......

Of course things can get screwed up, but theoretically at least, roll off tomorrow, onto a truck on Wed, in Syd on Thu, pick up from dealer Sat.... But like I said, theoretically....

Or maybe I am just getting my hopes up!

Yeah, very hopeful there Jason. According to my dealer, my car arrived at Port Kembla on the 14th March. According to shipping information, it was to be offloaded in Melbourne on the 16th and then back to Port Kembla on the 18th. I spoke to my dealer this morning and he said the car still hasn't cleared customs in Port Kembla, hence it has been there for 11 to 15 days (depending if you believe the dealer or the shipping manifest). I was also told it would be about two weeks until delivery once the car has pass customs...  I'll let you do the math with your delivery date...

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #819 on: March 30, 2016, 12:36:09 am »
Mine the same, LH door is set too far in & doesn't close easily, RH door low but I think it's the front guard too high. My son has his own repair shop, thinks it might be an adjustment Ford make following water tests to ensure no leaks. NO WAY will I let Ford touch it, my son said it's an easy fix, just getting him to do it is the problem...lol
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #820 on: March 30, 2016, 12:39:26 am »
Disappointing.

Ford are renown for misaligning panels, even the XY & XW GT's, and the early mustangs

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #821 on: April 02, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »
I now have a build date of 31 March 2016, just over a year since the order.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #822 on: April 02, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »
I don't know what's going on but we have a couple who have contacted me about joining our club who ordered their car last October and have had it for a couple of weeks now. They are coming on a run with us on Wednesday so will get a look at it then. The wife.s car and she loves it.
Stormin

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #823 on: April 02, 2016, 06:25:00 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised as there does not seem to be any consistency in the order and build process

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #824 on: April 02, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »
Just got informed that my order for competition orange cannot be supplied😰

Selected new colour grabber blue😄

Delivery date next year ??? Still don't know if it will be the first or last quarter of 2017😡