2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397310 times)

Offline Hi Ho Silver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2016, 11:14:13 pm »
Been following this forum for a few months and finally posting...as I picked up my Ruby Red 2.3 from Brighton Ford (Melb) on Thursday. What a New Year's present.
John at BF has been brilliant and at times I felt he was more excited than me! Mine is the first, and I understand so far the only one delivered to Brighton Ford.
Spent the weekend getting used to driving it and my first impressions are - I love it.
Plenty of power in the turbo, and yeah, I understand the purists and their "V8 or nothing" argument, but as a daily drive the Ecoboost works for me and think it will for most drivers. The car feels enormous, probably because of the high bonnet. Was a nice weekend in Melb so roof was down most of the time. And I'm not ashamed to say got plenty of long looks. I parked to grab a drink and people were swarming over it like flies.
And also saw a white 5.0 conv in Fitzroy St St Kilda with SEXYC plate. My personal Vic roads Mustang commemorative plate is on order.
I hope everyone waiting on their cars get them soon, the wait, especially towards the end, is unbearable, but definitely worth it.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum HI HO SILVER  and you are the 1 st on here to post a photo of your new mustang  :thumb:  .  Should have been HI YO SILVER  ,away  ( Lone Ranger)  :grin:  but then HI HO SILVER was a good song in the 80s . PS get ready for a million questions  :grin:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:30:45 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #402 on: January 04, 2016, 07:07:45 am »
Welcome to the forum HI HO SILVER  and you are the 1 st on here to post a photo of your new mustang  :thumb:  .  Should have been HI YO SILVER  ,away  ( Lone Ranger)  :grin:  but then HI HO SILVER was a good song in the 80s . PS get ready for a million questions  :grin:

Welcome aboard and if you want to catch up with other Victorian Mustang Owners don't forget to check out the Victorian section of the Forum, our Club website and facbook page.

http://vic.mustang.org.au/

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMOCAVIC/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Herman
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:06 am »
Been following this forum for a few months and finally posting...as I picked up my Ruby Red 2.3 from Brighton Ford (Melb) on Thursday. What a New Year's present.
she's a beauty  :coolpic:

Plenty of power in the turbo, and yeah, I understand the purists and their "V8 or nothing" argument, but as a daily drive the Ecoboost works for me and think it will for most drivers.
I ordered Ecoboost too, I think it fits budget and more than enough power than most cars on the road, and yet same beautiful looks  :grin:

If you get a chance, please post a more pics and detailed look   :smile01:
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2016, 09:36:49 am »
Looks like you started a stampede Hi Ho, lovely car.  I’m also planning on buying an Ecoboost for daily driver duties and planning on buying a Ruby Red fastback, manual of course.  Your pic confirms it’s the right colour for me.

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2016, 09:39:27 am »
If your waiting for delivery of a yellow GT in Toowoomba, it should come with a full tank of petrol anyway.
I saw it getting filled up at the BP servo near the racecourse on Wednesday 23/12/15. It had trade plates on it.
Looked like a typical sales snake driving it but he certainly gave it a bit when he took off. If it was mine id be ripping him a new one.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2016, 11:59:44 am »
Great to see people getting their cars, and even better that they seem to be loving them.

On December 18th I got an email from Ford HO (MEB) that my GT ragtop has been built and was awaiting shipping.

Today I get a call from the dealer, ostensibly about another car, and towards the end I asked 'any news on my Mustang?". "Oh yeah, we have you down here for a Jan 2016 build and likely delivery in March"........

One of them is wrong....or both. :shrug:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »
Welcome to the forum HI HO SILVER

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2016, 12:15:26 pm »
Also welcome Jason

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2016, 04:50:55 pm »
Great to see people getting their cars, and even better that they seem to be loving them.

On December 18th I got an email from Ford HO (MEB) that my GT ragtop has been built and was awaiting shipping.

Today I get a call from the dealer, ostensibly about another car, and towards the end I asked 'any news on my Mustang?". "Oh yeah, we have you down here for a Jan 2016 build and likely delivery in March"........

One of them is wrong....or both. :shrug:

Welcome Jason!  :hi:  hang in there mate...although there are ways to track your car through shipment if you've got VIN.
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline austang

• 2015 Mustang GT Fastback
  • Stallion
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2016, 05:13:59 pm »
Plenty of power in the turbo, and yeah, I understand the purists and their "V8 or nothing" argument, but as a daily drive the Ecoboost works for me and think it will for most drivers.
Is it just me but I don't see any problem with the V8 as a daily drive.  Just saw mine at the dealer.  It arrived today and I pick it up tomorrow. Race Red Fastback GT.
I will post some pictures later.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »
Is it just me but I don't see any problem with the V8 as a daily drive.  Just saw mine at the dealer.  It arrived today and I pick it up tomorrow. Race Red Fastback GT.
I will post some pictures later.

I don't see any problem with it either.. Sure, an ecoBoost would be more economical and save money, but just wouldn't be the same.
I would like to get a GT fastback, manual of course, to be my daily drive once I start working full time after uni...
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2016, 05:55:17 pm »
Is it just me but I don't see any problem with the V8 as a daily drive.

No dramas if you don't have far to go and/or don't give a hoot about the cost of petrol.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Zerky

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »
Just seen a [not mine] 2016 RHD Mustang. Very nice, but as some one said before about them getting touched up etc before sent to dealers must be true. The one I looked at up on a hoist had been painted black underneath like a used car  :sick:. Not good, had over spray on gear box and tyres and the full exhaust had been painted black. This had not been done at the dealer.

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2016, 07:29:33 pm »
Just seen a [not mine] 2016 RHD Mustang. Very nice, but as some one said before about them getting touched up etc before sent to dealers must be true. The one I looked at up on a hoist had been painted black underneath like a used car  :sick:. Not good, had over spray on gear box and tyres and the full exhaust had been painted black. This had not been done at the dealer.

Possibly a temporary protective coating to protect it from eight weeks of sea air??

Offline austang

• Stallion
« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2016, 07:48:16 pm »
Brett could be right.  I did read somewhere that before shipment to Australia every car was sprayed with sealant.  I assume they do it to all imported cars.

Offline Ron v

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »
I've just got home from looking at my car at the dealership and was well worth the wait. Photos don't do these cars justice. Can I post a photo on here from my iPhone 6.  Cheers Ron

Offline Hi Ho Silver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2016, 09:00:37 pm »
Thank you for your welcoming messages guys.
Spent an hour at the dealer today running through the intricacies of the car. Let me say, the electrics, esp around the touch screen, are absolutely state of the art. And EVERYTHING is voice activated. For instance, to use the sat nav, don't bother typing in suburb and street address, just press a button on the steering wheel and tell "Siri" the address you want to go to, and the route comes up on the map and navigation starts. Press the button and say "temperature" and then tell "Siri" what temp you want to run the heating or a/c and fan speed and it just happens. And obviously all your phone operations work the same way, just say the name of the person you want to call and it dials. I was really blown away.

You can also customise the interior cabin colours on the gauges, door surrounds, etc through the controls on the steering wheel. Mine is a neon green at the moment but I'll be experimenting.

And how's this for a stunning touch. When you have the headlights on, a light under the side mirrors illuminate a pony onto the road or floor below (see pic).

Seats are fully powered, including wide range lumbar support and not only are heated, but have a cooling option for summer - if you are a fan of a cold bum!

Interestingly for convertible buyers, there are two plastic wings that you store in the boot, and when you put the roof down you clip them in to cover the retracted metal arms. When you want to put the roof back up you have to remove them before operating the roof. Which goes up and down in what seems about 5 secs (incredibly fast). While its very easy, to be honest, I reckon this is a bit of a pain and i can see people eventually not bothering and just leaving the arms exposed. In the photos I haven't put the plastic covers on, but it def looks heaps better with them on.

The stereo is a "Shaker' which apparently is an upgraded system. Again its all controlled by the touch screen or ever easier by voice activation. There is a usb port on the front of the stereo and another in the centre console box so good charging options.

But I think what really tops the car off are the driving feel options that are offered. i seriously have never seen this before.

The steering wheel has three "feel" option - and they all actually feel very different from extremely tight to quite loose. There are options for different driving conditions - including snow/sleet. My conv is an auto, but when you push it down from drive to sports mode, it becomes a clutchless manual using the steering wheel paddles, and honestly, the car sounds and drives completely differently. You actually get thrown back when the turbo kicks in. I had a clutchless manual option on my last car which I never used. I already know I will use this all the time.

Lovesny2001us, here are a few more pics for you.

I hope I haven't gone on too long, but thought some of you on here might be interested.

And austang, just to clarify, i never said the V8 wasn't a daily drive, just that the Ecoboost was a great option for me as a daily drive. For a start its $10K cheaper and on the basis of my three days behind the wheel, i'm very happy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:14:05 pm by Hi Ho Silver »

Offline Hi Ho Silver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »
more pics

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2016, 09:20:06 pm »
Very very nice and thanks for posting up the photos  :thumb:   I still think the hand brake looks wrong over on the passenger side ,maybe  it should have been put on the floor next to the brake pedal like earlier models .
Anyway enjoy your new toy .

Offline Hi Ho Silver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2016, 09:22:44 pm »
Yes Glenn it is a bit weird. And i've driven off twice with the hand break on but you get warned very quickly. Elbow does rest nicely on the padded centre console, though.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2016, 09:25:20 pm »
You just got to hope you never get a nerves passenger that might pull that Handel up or a smart ass .

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2016, 09:35:03 pm »
Hi Ho Silver, I am VERY jealous!
I've tried to keep up to date with everything they've been doing with them in the US and watched just about every video I can find on youtube featuring a 2015 Mustang..
I keep telling myself that as soon as I catch wind of a dealer in Victoria having an ecoboost Mustang demo-car, I would go and test drive it, just to keep me happy til I can finally order my own GT, assuming they'd let me!
Still tossing up between comp. orange and deep impact blue. I think..
Unfortunately I won't have a full license for another year (almost exactly.. 9th Jan-2017) and it will sadly be longer still until I can afford one...  :tissue:

Anyway, it looks like a very nice car! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of yours too, austang! :thumb:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:37:06 pm by JT_1994 »
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline austang

• Stallion
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2016, 09:47:33 pm »
Delivery timeline for my Mustang GT.
Ordered December 2014
Arrived in Melbourne 20 December 2015
At the dealer in Melbourne today, 4 January 2016
Pickup tomorrow, 5 January 2016. Yeehah!!

Offline austang

• Stallion
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2016, 09:51:44 pm »
Some more info...
The sales manager at the dealer told me that many Mustangs have been shipped with the Nickel wheels, not the standard black wheels.  I know many here prefer the nickel wheels, but it seems it was a production stuff up.
Also, the tri-bar running lights are non-functional due to ADR standards. Bummer. But I am sure there will be after market options.