2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 397230 times)

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #325 on: December 24, 2015, 01:35:46 pm »
My dealer rang me today and my car will be at the dealership on the 4th jan but ford has not told him anything about the wheels so time will tell

hi guys….i am very happy to see you are getting your cars as promised.  i can see why the 3aw guy got his car with his wife on Ch7 interviewing him…."I ordered mine 10 months ago and waited all this time"  Ford will do a  deal with media every time.  mind you all corporates will and I know its the game.

as you now I put down $5k dec 13 and still have no delivery date….despite email and promises.  there are hundreds of cars arriving in the next three months but still no word. 

I got an confirmation email June 2015 with the delivery details and now no one is accepting its a stuff up.

its killing me so I've decided to buy another car and go and live my life

have a merry xmas   catch you down the track…respect dingo

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #326 on: December 24, 2015, 01:54:08 pm »
hi guys….i am very happy to see you are getting your cars as promised.  i can see why the 3aw guy got his car with his wife on Ch7 interviewing him…."I ordered mine 10 months ago and waited all this time"  Ford will do a  deal with media every time.  mind you all corporates will and I know its the game.

as you now I put down $5k dec 13 and still have no delivery date….despite email and promises.  there are hundreds of cars arriving in the next three months but still no word. 

I got an confirmation email June 2015 with the delivery details and now no one is accepting its a stuff up.

its killing me so I've decided to buy another car and go and live my life

have a merry xmas   catch you down the track…respect dingo

Dingo
I wouldn't give up hope. Trust me when you get it all the pain will be worth it. I'm only getting a 4 when my
Order was an 8 and I still got excited just to be getting that.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #327 on: December 24, 2015, 03:00:25 pm »
Ryan what do the number plates represent and what number plates do others getting their new mustang have put aside. I have MYS 550 plates at my local registry ready to go straight on. Merry Christmas to all cheers Ron

STNGGT
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline Ron v

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #328 on: December 24, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »
I like the STNGGT. I have 78 CBRA for my XC on hold until I register it in the next couple of months

Offline austang

• 2015 Mustang GT Fastback
  • Stallion
« Reply #329 on: December 24, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »
In Victoria you can get Mustang custom plates.  American super size, no less. https://www.vplates.com.au/ford-mustang

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2015, 05:28:49 pm »
I've got PONY GT ordered in square plate format with PONY on top line GT below. Silver on black

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2015, 05:31:57 pm »
GTA 16

Offline 95_GT

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Tony
« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2015, 11:36:31 pm »
I've got PONY GT ordered in square plate format with PONY on top line GT below. Silver on black

Interesting. I almost got that one earlier this year in SA but I settled for GT PONY instead. Gold on black.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2015, 11:44:14 pm »
Interesting. I almost got that one earlier this year in SA but I settled for GT PONY instead. Gold on black.

They will look good parked next to each other

Offline 95_GT

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Tony
« Reply #334 on: December 25, 2015, 06:56:18 am »
And if anyone is interested in my car, it's on the market with plates included. I'll post a proper ad in the new year.

Offline djneli

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Neil
« Reply #335 on: December 25, 2015, 11:01:53 pm »
So close I can smell the new car smell... pity this one isn't mine, but only a week and a bit to go. Was good to be able to sit in and touch the car I bought 12 months ago finally though lol (sort of anyway, mine is a manual).

Biggest concern I have is the number plate holders are designed for USA plates and are huge and chunky. They aren't needed on the back which is fine but the front plate hold will look terrible =(
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #336 on: December 26, 2015, 07:15:03 pm »
The story as I see it, so far.

It appears that dealers rather than Ford Australia were the ones to initially accept deposits for Mustangs and it wasn't until the Australian specification was released by Ford Australia that they accepted orders from the dealers (December 2014/January 2015 approximately). Based on some of the comments, it would appear that Ford Australia accepted orders based on timing of orders from the dealers, rather than date of order from the customer when they paid their deposit.

From what I can see on these pages, some customers have been reasonably well informed of the delivery process whilst others have been left in the dark. Pretty unprofessional by Ford Australia and it's dealer network, however, their situation is exacerbated by the fact that Ford America and Ford Australia run different software and hence dealers generally receive a monthly update rather than have access to an international database like many other manufacturers.

Personally, my wife and I ordered an ecoboost Mustang in March 2015 (did place an order initially in November 2014, basing our purchase on the American Ford website options and cancelling our order when the Australian specification was released and not matching our requirements). So much for Ford wanting to improve their customer's experience and yet substantially limiting Australian customer options even though these cars come of the same production line.

I did enquire to Ford Australia in July 2015 about the manual ecoboost diff ratio because it is apparently supposed to be 3.55:1 as per the performance pack but is listed by Ford Australia as 3.31:1. Did get a a return call from the sales department a few days later only to be told that the sales department didn't really have the answer (and clearly wasn't going to make any further enquiries). Also got another call about a week later to be informed that my car was on the production line on 9th October 2014 and delivery generally took about 3 months.

As per information I got from my dealer, the first four cargo ship deliveries are classified as shipment A and my car is in shipment B. He stated that they were supposed to get their first car around 18th December 2015 but as of 24th December they still hadn't got a delivery.

So apparently, Ford Australia can manage to deliver a Mustang to a radio personality by the 11th December and a Melbourne dealer already has a 'dealer owned' demo on the lot but alas, everyone else is still waiting. It's not that the deliveries have been delayed, that could happen to anyone, it's the fact that Ford Australian and it's dealer network appear to be a long way from improving their 'customer experience'. The Mustang release could be a huge marketing success for them but in what appears to be standard modus operandi for Ford Australia they appear indifferent to the opportunity.

I have since been given permission to also purchase a new MX-5 (my wife was actually the instigator,  if you can believe that. I think she wants the Mustang to herself and unmodified). The dealer looked at their international database and gave me a delivery month (April 2016). If anyone one from Ford Australia is reading this, that is how simple the process should be.

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #337 on: December 26, 2015, 07:19:13 pm »
Sorry, but on the production line on 9th October 2015. Hard to remember what year it is, waiting for Ford Australia.

Offline austang

• 2015 Mustang GT Fastback
  • Stallion
« Reply #338 on: December 26, 2015, 08:23:12 pm »
My experience hasn't been too bad.  There have been the inevitable delays but I have generally been informed.  I am still waiting but expect to get delivery around 6 or 7 January.  I ordered a GT without all the Australian specs available.  Fortunately for me, the specs decided by Ford were pretty much what I wanted.  Ironically, I wanted to delete the rear deck lid spoiler, which is an option in the US. I was told that it was not possible.  The irony is that from all the pictures I have seen of the Australian deliveries, there is no rear deck lid spoiler.

Apart from the delays, my only gripe is that the dealer has loaded the dealer delivery fee because they can. It leaves a bad taste for something that should be sweet.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #339 on: December 26, 2015, 08:52:49 pm »
I contacted Ford Australia about my order (GT fastback ordered mid March 2015) mainly to find out why other cars ordered the same time were already built and yet mine wasn't due until about May 2016. A rep from the Mustang team rang me back but could not tell me anything as he said that they didn't know anything until they were told by Ford US. They didn't know whether cars were being built by order date or anything else. There was not a single thing that he knew about my order apart from the fact that I had one.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #340 on: December 26, 2015, 09:41:41 pm »
Well apart from not getting the v8 like I wanted the car should be here pretty soon by the looks of things.

My dealer has recommended to take this 4cyl car and put another order in for the v8 I did this back in December to price lock myself. Due to the long wait if I was to trade this in the next year or two I've been told I shouldn't loose too much on the car! What's everyone's thoughts? don't think I can go another two years to wait to have the mighty v8.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:43:31 pm by shelby_mustro »
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #341 on: December 26, 2015, 10:24:13 pm »
Get your ecoboost, run it on 98 octane, put a tune on it with an aftermarket downpipe and I reckon you will be more than happy. Made an enquiry to Croydon racing development in Sydney (a Cobb approved tuner in Australia), they can dyno tune it and put the tune on a accessport so you can upload/download the tune (for dealer servicing). Might need an oil seperator as well. Other than that I reckon you might forget about the V8 real quick.

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #342 on: December 26, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »
Mods should cost about $3k, put the other $8.5k in you back pocket and enjoy the ecoboost.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #343 on: December 26, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »
Been looking at the mods in the states this company seem to be on top it it already.

http://www.maperformance.com/ecoboost-mustang-turbocharger-kit-by-maperformance-ebm-turbo-kit.html
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2015, 07:59:11 am »
That's a huge step up in power. You have just left a GT for dead with that upgrade. Currently has no catalytic converter though and the BOV is externally vented. That would get you pulled over real quick.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2015, 10:08:59 am »
That's a huge step up in power. You have just left a GT for dead with that upgrade. Currently has no catalytic converter though and the BOV is externally vented. That would get you pulled over real quick.

I think there is options to change that! But a kit like that would be the go I reckon. Upgrade exhaust & intercooler.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2015, 10:57:55 am »
Might want to hold up until you can confirm that the RHD downpipe is the same as the LHD downpipe. Invidia already has a Mustang exhaust for the LHD market but still want to confirm that it matches up with the RHD Mustang downpipe for the Australian market.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2015, 01:33:28 pm »
Good point but  I think worse case you would just take it to a exhaust shop and have it changed no biggie. What's a few hundred extra when you are spending 5k on a turbo kit.

I'll wait untill I get the car but if I do go this way I'd like a turbo kit like this for it.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »
So close I can smell the new car smell... pity this one isn't mine, but only a week and a bit to go. Was good to be able to sit in and touch the car I bought 12 months ago finally though lol (sort of anyway, mine is a manual).

Biggest concern I have is the number plate holders are designed for USA plates and are huge and chunky. They aren't needed on the back which is fine but the front plate hold will look terrible =(
Must have been yours i saw Neil on the road the other day 

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »

That's why I ordered US sized plates.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)