What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656800 times)

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #1075 on: April 24, 2014, 10:05:28 pm »
Had Matt (Mattstang) come over and helped install LED tail lights with yellow blinkers, really happy with the way they look and work.

Big thanks to Matt for his help.

Cheers
Keith

All good Keith, they look great  :thumb:

Cheers
Matt

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #1076 on: April 25, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »
High-flow cats and a 3 inch complete exhaust - fark it's loud but it sure hauls ass!
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #1077 on: April 25, 2014, 05:06:54 pm »
Managed to get my green slip down from $584 to $404 from the same company - rang them and told them I wanted a better deal and got it!
IMG

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #1078 on: May 01, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »
Had the front drum breaks machined. No more vibration when stopping  :grin:

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1079 on: May 01, 2014, 09:12:25 pm »
Cut my hands up and filled the door with blood.. I mean "installed a new window regulator". :bolt:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2014, 09:17:31 pm »
Welded the RHD RH side part of the firewall into Ralph's 67 GTA 390 fast back. Will finish it tomorrow

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #1081 on: May 02, 2014, 07:40:57 pm »
fitted switchback LED's to front with 64 1/2 clear lens. ive never been a fan of the park/indicator orange lens (ive had a few guys say similar) so i finally got around to using these LED's ive got a while back. as per photos - white park light and orange indicator.  so i bought the lens today and rob who sold them to me said he's always wanted to do this too.
total cost LED's $18(eBay) + lens $20(parts supplier)
too easy. :thumb:
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1082 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:28 am »
Fitted a new fuel pump, which works perfectly.

I'm not surprised it sometimes had to turn over a few times before it started and it's no wonder it would idle poorly if I stopped at an intersection - The fuel was leaking out of the pump!
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline littlejohn

• Worked
« Reply #1083 on: May 03, 2014, 09:22:15 am »
Top mod griff :thumb:

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1084 on: May 04, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »
Joined about 40 others at The Entrance for the All American Muscle Car Show. Great day, only down side was a pelican that dropped a bomb from a great height, luckily most of it missed the Stang but the rear bumper copped a hit!
IMG

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #1085 on: May 04, 2014, 05:53:36 pm »
Joined about 40 others at The Entrance for the All American Muscle Car Show. Great day, only down side was a pelican that dropped a bomb from a great height, luckily most of it missed the Stang but the rear bumper copped a hit!

Mr Percival strikes again, I was lucky with nil strikes  :thumb:

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2014, 06:10:39 pm »
Mr Percival strikes again, I was lucky with nil strikes  :thumb:

Lol. Lucky it didn't strike onto Raven's interior.

John

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1087 on: May 08, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »
Today my Mustang is running smoothly on the road agan. After more than 5 wheel alignments (lost count), We discovered the aftermarket camber bolts have a short thread, when being fitted, instead of biting into and against the Lower control arm bushes ans bearings the nut just comes to the end of the thread, hence the reason my old ones were stripped, as the aligner must have kept trying to tighten further to get a grip with them.

My car now has the fine thread replacement torqued at between 80 to 100 ft pounds and in addition the frame has been reinforced with some extra welding.

The car is running true again. It is a nice feeling.  :pepper:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #1088 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »
Went to spray some you beaut silicon lube around the front suspension to try to stop the squeaking/squarking and found the bushes in the spring saddle ("spring perch") on the drivers (LHD) side stuffed - hence the metal on metal sound.  Probably the original bushes.  Add another job to the list.  :nopity:

Offline Wobbly

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mark
« Reply #1089 on: May 11, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »
fitted switchback LED's to front with 64 1/2 clear lens. ive never been a fan of the park/indicator orange lens (ive had a few guys say similar) so i finally got around to using these LED's ive got a while back. as per photos - white park light and orange indicator.  so i bought the lens today and rob who sold them to me said he's always wanted to do this too.
total cost LED's $18(eBay) + lens $20(parts supplier)
too easy. :thumb:
Hey Greg. Can you send me the link for the LED's. I want to make sure I get the right ones.
Cheers Mark

Offline MachDave

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #1090 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »
Took the battery out (old one is cactus).
New one to go in before Pony Muster at Vineyard Hotel (Sydney) day next Sunday.

Offline 1969 mustang

• The Nick is what I want..
  • Stallion
  • MOCA - Victoria Member
« Reply #1091 on: May 12, 2014, 08:33:04 am »
Pulled the heads off to chuck a set on that I had a go at porting....also put a new cam on lifters in.

While I was there I thought I'd check the bore and stroke....seems I have a 302...always thought she was a 289

Hopefully finish her off next weekend

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1092 on: May 12, 2014, 10:12:05 am »
Do you ever get the feeling a certain part of the road is haunted as you break down in the same place repeatedly? My coil was overheating and just like the time it takes for a jug to boil the ignition coil on my 67 Mustang took the same amount of time to overheat so by the time I got to that part of the road the proverbial jug boiled and my coil Sh*t itself. It is frustrating because by the time you get out, check the fuel, leads, Vacuum etc the coil has cooled down again, the car starts, and it has made a blo*dy liar of you until it gets hot again. Oh what fun!
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1093 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »
I don't know about haunted roads...
I just think there are little monsters in my engine that keep eating the oil up and they start banging on things when they want more, and if they are unfed for too long, they start breaking things in the engine bay.

... I have been told that when I jump on the gas, there are small puffs of smoke out the tailpipes but I am yet to see anything while it's idling. The oil level keeps dropping though, odd..... :lmao:

Maybe you need a new coil, Paul?
I'm not great with electrics, but I remember reading somewhere that particular coils may need resistors (or something like that) to reduce the current from the battery... If the coil keeps heating up something is definitely not right though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:11:14 pm by JT_1994 »
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline DW

• Stallion
« Reply #1094 on: May 12, 2014, 12:35:19 pm »
What did I do for my stang?  Spread the joy - some relatives came to visit from along way yesterday and wanted to be taken for a drive in the country- they loved every minute - they had never been in one before- took heaps of photos- I think the car definitely 'felt the love'.

DW

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1095 on: May 12, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »
I don't know about haunted roads...
I just think there are little monsters in my engine that keep eating the oil up and they start banging on things when they want more, and if they are unfed for too long, they start breaking things in the engine bay.

... I have been told that when I jump on the gas, there are small puffs of smoke out the tailpipes but I am yet to see anything while it's idling. The oil level keeps dropping though, odd..... :lmao:

Maybe you need a new coil, Paul?
I'm not great with electrics, but I remember reading somewhere that particular coils may need resistors (or something like that) to reduce the current from the battery... If the coil keeps heating up something is definitely not right though.

I got this

and this

That should stop it from farting in church on Sunday.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #1096 on: May 12, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »
Paul does your car still have the ballast resistance in the loom? There are 2 coils one to use with ballast one with out, it will have use with resistor stamped on it, which means if you don't have the ballast it will cook. If your car does have a the ballast and you use a standard 12V coil you will have a weak spark as you will only have about 8V at the coil not 12v.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1097 on: May 12, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »
Paul does your car still have the ballast resistance in the loom? There are 2 coils one to use with ballast one with out, it will have use with resistor stamped on it, which means if you don't have the ballast it will cook. If your car does have a the ballast and you use a standard 12V coil you will have a weak spark as you will only have about 8V at the coil not 12v.

The description said
Brand New
Ignition Coil CC215

Fuelmiser has the most comprehensive range of ignition and electrical components in the market place.
Fuelmiser ignition products are manufactured or sourced from Original Equipment Manufacturers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This coil is suitable for any non resistored 12v electronic ignition system: as fitted to Ford XC onwards, Holden VC onwards, Toyota & Mitsubishi applications from when they started fitting Electronic ignition.

I have this coil, that I was told to replace by RACQ, now you have enlightened me to the fact that coils just aint coils I shall get my Auto electrician to fit the gear?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:41:54 pm by Mustangpaul »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #1098 on: May 12, 2014, 05:19:55 pm »
Paul If your car has the original harness the resistor is built into the loam under the dash it's not a separate thing, its a piece of resistive wire. The way to tell if its' still there is to measure the volts on the coil while cranking to start, it should be battery volts ie 12v, once it starts it should drop to around 8v while running, important to get it right, or you'll be in strife again one way or the other. The on you have is non resistive type designed for XC with electronic ignition. It need 12v all the time.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:22:49 pm by shaunp »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #1099 on: May 12, 2014, 05:24:53 pm »
Assuming your car is wired correctly you would want something like this. Depends how it set up.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-LTD-FA-FB-FC-1973-1982-Fuelmiser-Ignition-Coil-Heavy-Duty-Oil-Filled-Type-/271240261444?_trksid=p2054897.l5659
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:27:00 pm by shaunp »