What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656847 times)

Offline Ray68

• Thoroughbred
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #1050 on: April 17, 2014, 08:08:31 pm »
I installed the Petronix III Ignitor, Flamethrower coil and 7mm leads. Set the rev limiter, crossed my fingers and fired it up. All I can say is WOW. Started instantly and the idle was oh so smooth. Couldn't road test it as the car isn't rego'd yet but if the start up and idle is anything to go by it should be pretty good. Didn't change the wire from the fuse box to the coil as I was getting full 12v from the wire.
68 Coupe
351W, mild cam, Performer intake
FMX tranny
9" diff
Petronix Ignitor III Ignition
Hedman Elite headers
24" Alloy radiator - twin thermos

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #1051 on: April 18, 2014, 12:03:20 am »
I finally pulled out the old gasket on the off side extractor and do you think I can get the bolts back in.  I had to walk away from it.    :toetapping:

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #1052 on: April 19, 2014, 06:35:44 am »
Showed it off!

Was next door having an Easter BBQ (yes on Good Friday) and my neighbours brother was talking about his old panel shop at Hornsby etc etc and mentioned that his dad used to have a 69 Mach1 and they were his favourite car. Should have seen his face drop when I told him I had one parked next door. He was over Ina flash checking it out.

Made me feel good when this panel beater/painter of 30 years was glowing about the paint job and time they spent on doing it right (so further kudos to the Frenchams at Image in South Oz).
IMG

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #1053 on: April 19, 2014, 08:59:02 am »
 :thumb: :smile01:

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline 1966stang

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Greg
« Reply #1054 on: April 19, 2014, 11:32:10 am »
Took the girl on a long run to blow the cobwebs out and charge the battery after she sat for two weeks while I was away.

She started instantly and ran like a dream, how I missed the feeling of driving her, beats driving a modern car.
Greg

'66 C code Coupe, Wimbledon White
Was 289 now 302

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #1055 on: April 19, 2014, 03:13:57 pm »
Seen the colour of my next Mustang.  - Kona Blue.

IMG

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #1056 on: April 19, 2014, 03:38:12 pm »
Boss, I like the Oxford white convertible with the machined 20 in rims...   :smile01:

The only blue I could find was the Deep Impact Blue on the Ford site.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:43:58 pm by Macka »

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #1057 on: April 19, 2014, 04:43:18 pm »
Washed, polished and waxed the paint, chrome and glass, then vacuumed, cleaned and tidied up the interior. Also checked fluid levels and got everything ready to go for the drive to Geelong tomorrow morning..
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #1058 on: April 19, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing JT, beer break time.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #1059 on: April 19, 2014, 05:50:16 pm »
Yes, I gave mine the once over as well...

Offline 66coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Felix
« Reply #1060 on: April 20, 2014, 05:14:49 am »
Wife said let's go for a drive yesterday, so we went down to Robertson pie shop for lunch with the Mach 1.What a great day for a drive ,no traffic and the car ran perfectly.(It's the first long run since the total mechanical rebuild.)
1965 TBIRD
1968 BUICK RIVIERA
1979 CM VALIANT
2002 HSV CLUBSPORT
2013 MAZDA 6
1969 Hillman Hunter

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #1061 on: April 22, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »
After nearly 3 months sitting in the garage due to bad weather, commitments and work, finally took the '68 coupe for a run over Easter along the northern beaches. Today, had the day off work so ventured a little further afield. Went for a blast along the M1 freeway to blow the cobwebs out up to the Mt White exit and then took a leisurely drive back along the scenic Old Pacific Highway. A 2 hour, 130km round trip with the '68 coupe running sweet as, didn't miss a beat and me loving every minute of it.  :smile01:  :smile01:

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #1062 on: April 23, 2014, 08:38:35 am »
For the first time in 2 weeks l am giving the Green Machine a bit of a rest after the Nationals. The old girl did pretty well with the judges & it was pleasure to drive her home.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:34:37 am by Herman »
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #1063 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:38 am »
For the first time in 2 weeks l am giving the Green Machine a bit of a rest after the Nationals. The old girl did pretty well with and the judges & it was pleasure to drive her home.
I got home on the Monday and thought thats it, Im all Mustanged out for the week.
But here it is on Wednesday and Im already thinking of taking her out for an hour or two.
BTW, congratulations Herman on the win and nice meeting u  :thumb:
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1064 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »
Thanks Chopmgw, it was good to put a name to a profile.

When l told our oldest son what the Green Machine achieved he said last night that if we  work a bit harder it can take it to the next level.  :grin:
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #1065 on: April 23, 2014, 01:52:16 pm »
there is always a next level isn't there Herman.............If I had cleaned up Display judged, I would have automatically been elevated to Concours Modified, then I would need to spend a heap of money underneath my car on repainting all the suspension etc.........saved me a fortune being Runner Up... :grin:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1066 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »
We are saying to him to do your best and to keeping trying no matter what happens, so it is awesome he is giving myself a little encouragement to ensure I am not letting myself or car down anyway. 

Maybe it is time to start doing some work on Rusty to see how he goes on the show scene. He does need a good polish though. :evilone:

You can always enter your car into Concours Modified at October Round Up and see how you go in preparation for next year's Nationals!!!!!!!!  :grin:

Your car is always well presented and has taken some awards of us over the years.  :bow:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:44:49 pm by Herman »

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #1067 on: April 23, 2014, 07:29:12 pm »
Wife said let's go for a drive yesterday, so we went down to Robertson pie shop for lunch with the Mach 1.What a great day for a drive ,no traffic and the car ran perfectly.(It's the first long run since the total mechanical rebuild.)

its a wonder we didnt see you there, i gave mine a decent belt up macq pass around 11am and spent 2 hours driving around the back roads of robertson and then down the mountain to kiama. Macquarie pass is the ultimate hill climb i reckon and those 15kph bends certainly test a mustangs woeful turning circle.
doing it all again anzac day!
griff
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline 66coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Felix
« Reply #1068 on: April 23, 2014, 08:03:21 pm »
Sorry I missed you Griff,I did see a lot of classic cars on the road that day.
I didn't get to the pie shop until 1:30 PM, the place was still packed.As soon as I parked the car there was a swarm of people around it.
I love those roads around there, I headed back down the Princes Hwy and across onto Picton Road back to Camden.

Regards Felix
1965 TBIRD
1968 BUICK RIVIERA
1979 CM VALIANT
2002 HSV CLUBSPORT
2013 MAZDA 6
1969 Hillman Hunter

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #1069 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:45 pm »
got an exhaust balance pipe fitted and had pipes from muffler back refab'd in 2" thru to the GT tips. cut the tips off to find they joined to 1.5" pipe, so TIG'd them to new 2" tailpipe for no restriction (and helluva lot cheaper than buying the 2" low restriction ones)
balance pipe makes a massive difference in idle, no more uneven exh thump and totally different sound, feels and sounds like a different car which is weird but good!!
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #1070 on: April 24, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »
I fitted some bucket seats over the Easter break, they came up nicely after I recovered them. I also got some rubbers fitted for my front vent windows, fitted some Stainless Steel lock pin grommets, got a wheel alignment, the new exhaust tips have arrived and the car is booked in to have them fitted, replaced a centre cap that had fallen off the front wheel.

When i got the car I was excited because the bench seats were rare, now I know why, the bench seats aren't as comfortable or as good to look at.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1071 on: April 24, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »
Our VP and I spent an hour with a photographer from the Tele and local rag . Took around 200 shots just to get the one she wanted for the All American Muscle Car Show at The Entrance Sunday week May 4.
Should be in the papers probably next Friday.
Stormin

Offline boss351

• Worked
« Reply #1072 on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:38 pm »
Today after returning from Geelong Nationals i took the car off the trailer washed and polished and tucked it away with its cover.... now need to see my score sheet ready for next year..

Great time in Geelong  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Life is short drive a Mustang

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #1073 on: April 24, 2014, 06:21:56 pm »
Had Matt (Mattstang) come over and helped install LED tail lights with yellow blinkers, really happy with the way they look and work.

Big thanks to Matt for his help.

Cheers
Keith

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
« Reply #1074 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:17 pm »
Filled up with petrol and a quick clean ready for the Anzac March in Melbourne tomorrow morning.