What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656768 times)

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2013, 07:16:25 pm »
 :grin:

I drove mine 3 times in the pooring rain. It's wet dirty and parked in the same state. Actually... it's cleaner now than what it was before as it had rained earlier in the week and then it got dusty.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:38 pm »
:grin:

I drove mine 3 times in the pooring rain. It's wet dirty and parked in the same state. Actually... it's cleaner now than what it was before as it had rained earlier in the week and then it got dusty.
don't you mean pushed... :grin: ah you must have been driving your wife's stang... :lmao:
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2013, 11:36:17 pm »
My wife's stang?  :toetapping: :lmao:

don't you mean pushed... :grin:

And don't you mean Flintstoned?

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »
Put up a 6 metre long rack of shelves in order to make room for the new Stang!
IMG

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2013, 08:21:00 pm »
Polished the diff . Yep polished the diff   :grin:     ,car show tomorrow .

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2013, 08:22:15 pm »
Finally figured out how to post photos!!

IMG

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »
Today I installed a smaller blower pulley to get more boost, a tuff mount engine mount to stop braking standard ones. Also brought new drag shocks front and rear, but yet to fit.
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:16:30 am by GT350H »
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline skev

• Blue Printed
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2013, 12:13:43 pm »
I ran mine out of gas,  was trying to get it low so I could drain it to change the fuel sender.  Had a five litre container in the boot - I wonder how far I can go on that?
67 Convertible

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2013, 10:54:17 am »
I ran mine out of gas,  was trying to get it low so I could drain it to change the fuel sender.  Had a five litre container in the boot - I wonder how far I can go on that?

If you fill your container up again and wait til you run out of gas again it is a good way to find out. Just make sure you don't suck up old sludge from the bottom of the tank if you don't get it all out, as you clean it while changing your sender though.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline 1966stang

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Greg
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2013, 12:56:03 pm »
Fitted a new windscreen following an altercation with a rock  :cry:

At least I can see clearly now  :pepper: That may make a good name for a song.  :grin:  :grin:
Greg

'66 C code Coupe, Wimbledon White
Was 289 now 302

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »
Checked and adjusted the points,gave it a clean with Polyglaze waterless carwash...I swear by this product  :drool:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »
cracked my windscreen ,but thats ok its only a new one .   :sick:

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »
Picked up a pinkslip off the guy that blue slipped it 12 months ago, he couldn`t believe how quick time goes, the car passed with flying colours of course  :smile01:

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »
I looked out the window towards the Car Cave, thru the rain, then had a cup of tea instead.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »
cracked my windscreen ,but thats ok its only a new one .   :sick:

Two years ago I cracked mine getting it out, I just added it to the list of things I'll need one day, it is one day and I don't have a screen either.

Today I put the Upholstery strips on the door pillar that tie the inner quarter panel to the quarter panel outer, The car is getting closer with the door trims on and the inner quarters in place, I put the Convertible boot on but it either shrunk or there is a clip position problem, any way just like everything else that Yankee sold me I'll just have to buy a new one. I don't believe it should be too long now, I just need the wipers in place, welding of a bracket required, then I can start laying carpet and fitting seats, putting the top onto the frame, replacing the windscreen, getting the exhaust finished, back from the headers, fitting seat belts and wearing my sunglasses. A good weekends work?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:02:33 pm by Mustangpaul »
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #266 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:04 pm »
Might sound a bit boring but took my 670 holley carb off my 66 and fitted larger jets and changed the front squirter up a few sizes . Going to the drags in a few weeks so starting to muck around with it . Hey Ross and Rodney  and Peter.  :hi:  can not have you guys wiping my butt .  :smile01:

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #267 on: May 29, 2013, 06:37:21 pm »
Might sound a bit boring but took my 670 holley carb off my 66 and fitted larger jets and changed the front squirter up a few sizes . Going to the drags in a few weeks so starting to muck around with it . Hey Ross and Rodney  and Peter.  :hi:  can not have you guys wiping my butt .  :smile01:
I am starting to doubt that I will be ready mate so no threat here, not yet anyways
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2013, 10:45:11 am »
Last night I decided I didn't really need help with my convertible top, I'd tackle it on my own with my hand held staple gun. The first mistake was thinking it could be done on my own, the rest of the mistakes just follow along in a calamity of errors in wasted time and frustration.

I was attempting the rear glass window as a start to my mission, forgetting that missions, once you accept them self destruct in 10 seconds.

The staples were not exactly the correct size so when i fired them off they came out two at a time, the mechanism flew open and the staples dropped out, the staples that were fired never really drove home in the tack strip anyway. I saw a line drawn on the vinyl so I used that as my guide to put the tack strip edge to and clumsily half stapled the vinyl/cloth

I some how managed to hold my window, laying it on some cloth sheets on my trunk,  and inserted two of the hold down bolts for my tack strip panel, raised the window to my top bow, only to realize there was too much vinyl flapping free.

Just at that point I noticed a very fine hairline scratch in the glass, I buffed the scratch out of the glass with some cutting polish.

next I took the half embedded staples out of the cloth and very carefully wrapped my window in cloth before putting it in my trunk to hide it.

Please don't tell my mechanic I tried to do this thing, it needs to remain our little secret.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:47:48 am by Mustangpaul »

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2013, 11:48:54 am »
Mustangpaul, I'm absolutely certain your secret is safe here   :grin:

Every weekend, I look at the growing pile of parts I've bought that need replacing "one day", decide it's more fun to drive it than work on it, so I leave the bits and go for a drive   :bolt:
Ken

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2013, 12:02:38 pm »
That's a cool photo, I like that  :thumb:

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »
The night before was not a lot of fun either when the original top switch started sparking out, it has worn out after 47 years and I had to insert a ring in. At least the frame is going up and down properly and today the pads arrived, that sit on the frame under the top. Now if my mechanic could just come back from overseas I could get this car finished, I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go.  :ouch:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:03:00 pm by Mustangpaul »

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »
Tried to get a blue slip - and failed! :cry:
IMG

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2013, 04:19:22 pm »
Tried to get a blue slip - and failed! :cry:

I am in process of blue slip myself... what a nightmare.
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2013, 02:17:36 pm »
My mechanic is back from Overseas, now my car can go ahead again. :pepper: :burnout: