What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656772 times)

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:33 pm »
This light you posted now makes the 'reverse' lights become indicator and still remains white in reverse and thus the red tailights flashing no longer happens?

I got a 69 fastback if that changes anything?... Should have read it first... 68 is last. Do they have something like that for 69?

That's right George, the red tail lights don't flash any more.

This is what they have for the '69 car.
http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=2e59a914-94c0-4d3b-998d-d0b3868581a6

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:24 pm »
After nearly being rear ended a couple of times by people not noticing the flashing red brake light indicator, I converted the backup lamps to combined amber indicator/white reverse light using the Dual Colour LED set up from Mustang Project. Really is great, looks absolutely stock standard but you have the advantage of the amber indicator but still have your white reverse light. Hopefully that will be the end of the sound of screeching tyres from behind when I'm making a turn.  :smile01:

This is it here: http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=810a676c-a018-484d-9c41-46bbdde9968f
Sounds great .
Any wiring mods required ?
Got any pics ?
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »
Kept looking for my dream car on line and played with a few number plate combinations - getting cloder every day! Should have a new Stang in the garage by the end of the financial year for sure!! :evilone: :grin:
IMG

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2013, 06:36:44 pm »
Any wiring mods required ?
Got any pics ?

You have to modify the wiring to change the brake light indicator to the backup lamp and run a wire from the indicator switch. Haven't got any pictures of it on my coupe, but there are 4 good pictures on the link I put up for Mustang Project.  :thumb:

Offline wildplum

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2013, 06:44:38 pm »
took mine to Seymour for the show with the 1949-59 Customline club they were nice enough to let me park with them
it was the one of 3 mustangs there but the only1969  the other 2 were a 1967 and a 1966
2/73. JG33 KWTB
8/1969 63C S5 Mach1
6/1965 76B 8B94

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »
changed the spark plugs, took a bit longer then expected as difficult to get the old ones out. Got there in the end though. Then took it for a short spin..... :thumb: 

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:26 pm »
Took the LHD `65 along with missus out for a run to Windsor today in perfect autumn weather. Bumped into Keith (66 Stang) his wife and youngest boy at the mall.
Came back through Pitt Town after lunch to get waived into a RBT station. Copper stood at the passenger window with his breathalyser in hand about to test her when he realized that there was no steering wheel in front of her.
I waived him around to my side after the slight embarrassment happy to oblige to the test to which I passed with flying colours.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:54:50 am by Mattstang »

Offline Pete-W

• Pony
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »
Take the coil off to make room to reseal the heater outlet. Did that, put it back together and now it won't bloody start. That's it, time for a strong coffee and look at it again tomorrow. Too stressed to work on it any more today..

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2013, 08:18:03 am »
That's right George, the red tail lights don't flash any more.

This is what they have for the '69 car.
http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=2e59a914-94c0-4d3b-998d-d0b3868581a6

I emailed the company whether or not they had the same blinker setup available for the 69 as they do the earlier ones. I myself would rather thr reverse lights be like blinkers than changing the look of the 3 red tail lights to 2 red one amber. They told me they are developing them for the 69 just need to tailor them to fit the 69 bezel. Will get email soon it is available. Im in for one.
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2013, 08:37:35 am »
George are you sure you have to change the rear blinkers ,as it is pre 73 .Not in my state QLD ,only after 73 here .

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2013, 08:49:03 am »
I emailed the company whether or not they had the same blinker setup available for the 69 as they do the earlier ones. I myself would rather the reverse lights be like blinkers than changing the look of the 3 red tail lights to 2 red one amber.

Yes, I agree with you George. It's a much better look having the dual indicator/reverse light. Great that they are going to have them for the '69 cars as well.  :thumb:

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2013, 09:32:35 am »
Take the coil off to make room to reseal the heater outlet. Did that, put it back together and now it won't bloody start. That's it, time for a strong coffee and look at it again tomorrow. Too stressed to work on it any more today..

You're forgetting that you'll need to swear a lot, and probably pick something close by to kick so you don't end up damaging your car. Most cars will usually work when we swear at them and kick something. :ouch:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2013, 02:30:10 pm »
Hey 68 Coupe

Did the kit from Mustang Project have just the led plate and attached wires, or did it have the housing and lens as well?  My 67 has been converted to have the original reversing lights now as indicators with amber lenses, stop/tail lights are just that, and I have no reversing lights.  I had toyed with the idea of wiring up the (current) indicators as indicator/reverse using the twin contacts already there in the housing, a twin filament bulb, and extra earth wire, with the current amber lens.  The reversing lights would be amber as well but it worked OK on my old Kingswoods. 
This kit would save a lot of st#ffing around.   :thud:
I don't want to go adding extra ligts or changing the look of the car.

Did you have to change the flasher unit under the dash to handle LED's ?

Cheers

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Hey 68 Coupe
Did the kit from Mustang Project have just the led plate and attached wires, or did it have the housing and lens as well?  My 67 has been converted to have the original reversing lights now as indicators with amber lenses, stop/tail lights are just that, and I have no reversing lights.  I had toyed with the idea of wiring up the (current) indicators as indicator/reverse using the twin contacts already there in the housing, a twin filament bulb, and extra earth wire, with the current amber lens.  The reversing lights would be amber as well but it worked OK on my old Kingswoods. 
This kit would save a lot of st#ffing around.   :thud:
I don't want to go adding extra ligts or changing the look of the car.
Did you have to change the flasher unit under the dash to handle LED's ?

The kit comes with the LED plates/wiring, clear lenses, gaskets, hardware and the electronic flasher. If you have already modified your wiring, just plug them into the existing housing. So you still have white reverse lights but you have the amber indicators as well. As you said the stop/tail lights are are now just for that. Yes, you need the electronic flasher which is supplied. Car still looks absolutely standard.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:09:28 pm by 68Coupe »

Offline George

• Worked
  • ._.
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »
George are you sure you have to change the rear blinkers ,as it is pre 73 .Not in my state QLD ,only after 73 here .

Not needed at all for roadworthy. I like this car so much that i need to buy something for it, like a car im not selling thus can spend to improve it... That cheap blinker setup sounds cheap enough for a 'hey i did my car up a little' feeling. I like better blinkers personally anyway. No more flashing red bulbs is perfect. I cant wait till its available!
Revelation 14:6-12

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:38 pm »
Not needed at all for roadworthy. I like this car so much that i need to buy something for it, like a car im not selling thus can spend to improve it... That cheap blinker setup sounds cheap enough for a 'hey i did my car up a little' feeling. I like better blinkers personally anyway. No more flashing red bulbs is perfect. I cant wait till its available!

You don't need buy anything except for amber lens for the rev light's You just swap the postion of the brake light switch and the rev light switch under the dash in the loom. You then go to the tail lights and drop the stop light wires to the rev lights and move the rev light wires to the stop lights job done. You now have stop lights only in the top and rev+ indicators in the rev lights.

Offline 73 1of2

• Pony
  • Name: Markus
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:37 pm »
I was in the shed to have a beer with my girl its raining & out of rego :ouch:
Life It's as good as you want to make it and a mustang makes it great

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2013, 10:01:28 am »
I rummaged through the Get One Free bin, got some easy nuts etc. dirt cheap from Supercheap, for use tinight.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:12 pm »
Bought one!!
IMG

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
boss69hogg great news ,but more info thanks .

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »
are there any height requirements with indicators ?..
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
Just gave my 70 mach 1 a polish ,for car show on sunday ,Gold coast .

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57:14 am »
I put the clips on that hold the convertible boot. I made my own snap on kit with screws and easy nuts, where the screws would reach and where they would not I used very small bolts with easy nuts, backed up by very small fitting nuts. A little time consuming as I had to blunten the screws to avoid any chance of catching the convertible top on installation. I also inserted the rubber seals on the back parking lights.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:30:26 am by Mustangpaul »

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:21 am »
I set up the heater control box and cables

Offline Red67Coupe

• Thoroughbred
  • Restored
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
I walked into the garage, turned the lights on, looked at the Mustang, looked outside at the crap weather, looked back at the Mustang, opened the bonnet, looked at the things I plan to pretty up (new chrome tappet covers, tidy the plug leads with those 4/3/2 clips, etc etc), looked back at the crap weather, sighed, shut the bonnet, walked out and turned off the light.  :thud: