What did you do for your Mustang today?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What did you do for your Mustang today?  (Read 656786 times)

Offline MU6TNG

• Stallion
  • Vic Member #2433
Re: What did you do for your Mustang today?
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »
New front screen fitted, Ahh clear vision.

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2013, 10:59:02 pm »
Had the guys "Mattstang", "JoeyBB435", "RayAzza"come over for a beer and yarn on Friday night. Managed to glue the boot rubber on.

Raven

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2013, 05:26:19 am »
Gave it a quick clean with poly glaze waterless car wash,then took it out to a local club meet. It ended being a great turnout.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »
Had the guys "Mattstang", "JoeyBB435", "RayAzza"come over for a beer and yarn on Friday night. Managed to glue the boot rubber on.

Raven

Welcome aboard JoeyBB435  :lol:
Cheers
Matts  :event:

Offline RayAzza

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW
  • Name: RAY
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »
Hey Joe welcome what you drive again we need pics  :smilies:
./__ __ __ __ __\.
( ]]] __ O __ [[[ )
 \_o_ _____ _o_/
   |___|     |___|

Offline junior

• Worked
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2013, 12:50:56 pm »
Finally put new springs and shocks in the front (were from a previous project and were just a "will do for now" option during resto) PLUS removed the original air shocks from the back and moved to gas.

Ride is 1 000 000 000x better!

Let's drive  :evilone:

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:07 pm »
I visited my car in the spray painters,where it has sat for a week, looking so "Please feed me some paint' lonely with a car cover over it. The time drags on and on, after more than two years I feel like a prisoner counting with chalk marks on the wall, the wall runs out or the chalk does but nothing ever seems to happen.  :cry:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline Equip 2000

• Thoroughbred
  • MOCAVIC Member # 2389
  • Name: Lucky
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »
 :omg:
I Washed Her
I Dried Her
I Polished Her
I Waxed Her
I Vacuumed Her
I Cleaned Her Glass
I Buffed Her Wheels & Tyres
I Check Her Fluids
I Put Her Back In Garage
I Covered Her Up

Now I  :drool: :drool: :drool:

And Just Wait For Weather To Clear  :toetapping: :toetapping: :toetapping:
Bloody :rain:  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Anyway, here she is

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »
I turned the heater off.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »
:omg:
I Washed Her
I Dried Her
I Polished Her
I Waxed Her
I Vacuumed Her
I Cleaned Her Glass
I Buffed Her Wheels & Tyres
I Check Her Fluids
I Put Her Back In Garage
I Covered Her Up

Now I  :drool: :drool: :drool:

And Just Wait For Weather To Clear  :toetapping: :toetapping: :toetapping:
Bloody :rain:  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Anyway, here she is

:therethere: I know how you feel, all dressed up and no where to go, it'll stop raining where you are one day and you'll get to hear the mighty thunder once more, I'm sure, until then you've got a nice car to perv on. :cheers:
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2013, 08:21:17 pm »
Drove to work and back,

did the same yesterday as well in the rain. Lucky it's a car and not a trophy as I would have had to have caught the train instead.

J1

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2013, 08:46:43 pm »
Hey J1, I think I may have forgotten to tell you, you may notice that there is a bit of play in the brake pedal on your beast. Its because the rubber stop thing on top of the brake pedal arm is missing.  It disintegrated when I removed it to hook up your new master cylinder, its a little triangular shaped bit of rubber.

Offline Equip 2000

• Thoroughbred
  • MOCAVIC Member # 2389
  • Name: Lucky
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »
Drove to work and back,

did the same yesterday as well in the rain. Lucky it's a car and not a trophy as I would have had to have caught the train instead.

J1

Hey J1
i know where your coming from, its just the thought of spending all that time again & again & again cleaning.

I suppose i should just get used to cleaning her on a regular basis.

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2013, 04:09:48 pm »
Flushed and cleaned the radiator/cooling system, put in correct, new radiator and heater hoses and added some Water Wetter Super Coolant. Took the car for a run and everything is all good. The temp gauge was sitting on about a quarter way previously with glycol coolant and is now sitting at just under a quarter with the Water Wetter so appears to be running slightly cooler. Also found that, apart from the heater hoses previously being routed incorrectly and being about a foot too long, the metal spring was missing from the lower radiator hose, so a job worth doing. Almost have the engine bay sorted - picked up my new Autolite Battery from Harry's Classics yesterday and have a new correct solenoid to put in. My daughter has kindly given me a digital camera so will be able to soon post some pics of the coupe - once I figure out how to use it. :smile01:

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »
Put in the new venetian blinds.......Looks awesome........

Just what I need for the Convertible? They look good in your car. I visited my car again today at the spray painters.  My car is now 99.9 % perfectly painted in Acapulco Blue Metalic D paint, just a touch up on the bonnet, a buff and it's back together time.

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:25:30 pm by Mustangpaul »

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:21 pm »
Finished off sorting out the '68 coupes engine bay today - put in the new Autolite battery from Harry's Classics and the new Autolite repop solenoid. Pretty happy with the way the way it looks - was aiming to have it look as original as possible without going down the concours path.  :smile01:

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »
Still some small details, but I finished up in my engine bay as well. Electrical now, and some interior pieces. Hopefully on the road soon!

Raven

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:49 pm »
Nice work with the Atomic, Raven. Can I ask what you did with your fuel line? Did you run a return line at all and did you use the in line pump that comes with the kit?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »
Very nice Dino - looks great.  :thumb:

Offline Raven

• Worked
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2013, 09:49:00 pm »
Ash,

I have run 3/8 stainless steel lines as a feed and a return line. The return line was pre bent and follows the original route. The feed line I had to purchase and bend myself. It is a mirror image of the original line on the opposite side of the car. I fabbed a bracket and mounted a bypass valve where the original fuel pump was. Yes I did use the in line pump supplied with the kit.
I made a large bracket that mounts onto the frame of a watts link. The pump is located at the same level and beside the fuel sender. A lot of stuffing around when you modify.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:55 pm »
Thanks, Raven. Appreciate the reply and description. I've read of how others have done it a little differently to out of the box so it was great to hear your feedback on it.

Look impressive, nice and neat. Can't wait to hear what you think of it after some seat time.

Cheers :thumb:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:02 am »
My friend who is helping to restore my ( or who I am helping) mustang gave me some homework and some parts. i spent good time sanding my hood vents and the quarter panel ornaments. My wife was not at all happy, that is our coffee table under those parts, women just don't seem to have their priorities in order. Fortunately it was only dust and the table cleaned up with a vacuum and a dusting brush. I also put my upholstery back together, the bench seat posed a problem when I did the bloke thing and had parts left over. There were two bolts with points at the tip and a nut half way up the thread, two little black rectangle things with two screw holes in each. it turned out they were the phenolic seat back stops.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:21:17 am by Mustangpaul »

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2013, 01:09:49 pm »
Started 2 weeks ago with a faulty brake master.....replaced master, new calipers, pads, rotors, hoses & wheel bearings (ALL SPANKERS)....then of course we will check the rear, slight oil leak from the diff pinion seal & axle, replaced drums, pads & wheel cylinders & hose (all spankers), sent diff away for minor o/haul, will get it painted in 2-pack "red oxide", axle housing will be painted 2-pack low gloss black, replacing rear axle bearings while they're out also......new mid-eye 5 leaf springs being fitted as the car had a lean to 1 side like a ski slope, having a HUGE problem removing front eye bolts  :ouch:, ANY SUGGESTIONS  :smash: OR KNOWN TRICKS would help?.....BTW, not all this done today
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »
Started 2 weeks ago with a faulty brake master.....replaced master, new calipers, pads, rotors, hoses & wheel bearings (ALL SPANKERS)....then of course we will check the rear, slight oil leak from the diff pinion seal & axle, replaced drums, pads & wheel cylinders & hose (all spankers), sent diff away for minor o/haul, will get it painted in 2-pack "red oxide", axle housing will be painted 2-pack low gloss black, replacing rear axle bearings while they're out also......new mid-eye 5 leaf springs being fitted as the car had a lean to 1 side like a ski slope, having a HUGE problem removing front eye bolts  :ouch:, ANY SUGGESTIONS  :smash: OR KNOWN TRICKS would help?.....BTW, not all this done today

This link leads to a thread in a forum asking the same question, hope it helps.
http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007880.html
Paul

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2013, 03:32:39 pm »
Thanks mustangpaul, the thread give me an idea, I'll get my son who is a mechanic to bring his rattle gun over, that should be enough to break the freeze :thumb:
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary