All those that have used Shermatt

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: All those that have used Shermatt  (Read 7367 times)

Offline Rick106

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Richard
All those that have used Shermatt
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to these forums. I recently decided (and got the very necessary permission) to get a 1969 Mach 1. I've done some research and I've heard great things about Shermatt.

As I understand it Shermatt uses Schumacher to manage the shipping process, but I'm not sure how the customs agent process actually works. For example, do I get to choose the customs agent, and should I be trying to get an all-in-one fee if this is possible. Looking at all the posts about customs fees, these fees seem to vary quite wildly.

Please could you guys let me know your experiences and learnings with using Shermatt alongside Schumacher, and a customs agent?

Cheers,
Rich

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
Re: All those that have used Shermatt
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:54 pm »
Mine went smoothly.

Schumacher sent me emails and updates the day things happened.
Shermatt had the paperwork organised for them quick smart
In fact, I would go as far to say I was amazed how on the ball they were with not only making sure I knew what they needed before shipping, but within a day of the car being shipped I was contacted by their Melbourne agent.

I would use Schumacher and Shermatt again.

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »
Easy answer - Send a PM to Matt & Sherry -
http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1267
or hop on their Website  -
http://www.shermatt.com/pages/home/home.html
and have a read.
They will answer all your questions.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »
Please could you guys let me know your experiences and learnings with using Shermatt alongside Schumacher, and a customs agent?

Here's my experience, I detailed it out a while back as I knew there'd be people asking.

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,13802.msg182842.html#msg182842

In short, I'm very happy with the end result.

s
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:43:46 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:58 pm »
Go with Matt and Schumacher . My broker was unknown to me and pretty much screwed me. Once they have your car - you have to pay anything they ask.

Live and learn.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Rick106

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Richard
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »
Easy answer - Send a PM to Matt & Sherry -
http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1267
or hop on their Website  -
http://www.shermatt.com/pages/home/home.html
and have a read.
They will answer all your questions.

I've already been through their website, and I'm in contact with Matt. My question is more around peoples experience, especially at the Sydney Customs end using Freightnet.

Stephen - I've been through your post and it was very useful thanks.

Any other comments or things you would have done differently?

Cheers,
Rich

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »
Any other comments or things you would have done differently?

Looking back, the currency fluctuation was a big hit so I would've waited a couple of weeks before I sent the money but I didn't have the luxury of hindsight.

Here's the thread regarding freight.

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,10569.0.html

I went with Matt's trusted method of Schumacher/Freightnet and it worked out a bit more expensive due to two companies handling the transaction but the car came through unscathed so you can argue that it's worth it in the end.

Perhaps I could've saved close to a grand if I didn't insure the car for freight but is it worth the risk?

Other companies are cheaper and include insurance in their cost but it's only for total loss ... not for lesser damage.

s
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:02:59 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:51 pm »
I couldn't have been happier with the service received from both Schumacher and Freightnet in Melbourne and would recommend them to anyone. Freightnet will provide you a list of expected charges and tell you that you're welcome to go elsewhere if not happy. All up (excluding insurance) the cost for both ends was around $3,500 including AQIS reinspection and steam clean which is out of the hands of the freight company anyway. You may get cheaper elsewhere but make sure you get plenty of positive feedback as I'm sure there will be a few rogues out there.

Offline Dad

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:43 pm »
I used Shermatt for my 69 Mach 1. Videos, pictures, emails, phone calls etc etc

Shermatt = Excellent

Freightnet = Excellent

Offline Rock65

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 08:00:41 pm »
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to these forums. I recently decided (and got the very necessary permission) to get a 1969 Mach 1. I've done some research and I've heard great things about Shermatt.

As I understand it Shermatt uses Schumacher to manage the shipping process, but I'm not sure how the customs agent process actually works. For example, do I get to choose the customs agent, and should I be trying to get an all-in-one fee if this is possible. Looking at all the posts about customs fees, these fees seem to vary quite wildly.

Cheers,
Rich

Sorry Rich ,but my experience was not so positive ,but for benefit of this forum I am not going to open up that can of worms.

Offline SnaKe

• Stallion
  • Vroom
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »
Gonna throw my hat in the ring and say Shermatt is ***ing awesome.
Nothing but good things to say.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:29 pm »
Shermatt has the runs on the board and i'm sure can find the right car for you, but if you want a set price shippping fee , let shermatt find and buy the car of your dreams, and get him to send it to a shipper of your choice, i used harrys classics to ship my 66 cadilac recently, i paid a set price of $2800 from longbeach to sydney (port botany) unloaded ,all i paid on top was the gst on purchase price of car, my cady past aqis so no need for a wash but if so its a extra $250 which includes the second aqis inspection, no customs agent to deal with just harry he does everything including the unloading, look him up. :cheers: