Import to Australia

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Import to Australia  (Read 5011 times)

Offline N140189

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Import to Australia
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:57:06 pm »
Hi Guys,
i'm a first timer and never posted anything so here goes.
I'm looking for a 1967 or 1968 fastback and most likely shipping this into Melbourne and I have several question you guys may be able to help me with.

1. Has anyone ever imported a car for the first time without using a good importer/exporter and if you did whole thing yourself  ( i.e. you did all the ground work, from sourcing the car, sourcing the shipping company, all paper work etc) would you do it again?

2. Has anyone ever used Shermatt International, and what was your experience using these guys.

3. Does anyone have "Period Correct" photos of these cars

Looking forward to your feedback.
Regards.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Re: Import to Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:07:30 pm »
Has anyone ever used Shermatt International and what was your experience using these guys.

Yes, details here:

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,13802.msg182842.html#msg182842

You may want to check out this sub-forum:

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/board,28.0.html

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »
All i can say is be very careful with the car you buy ,a lot of rust buckets over in the usa . You really need to go with someone like shermatt  international so you dont get ripped off .

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »
Who ever you use....Just use somebody. Dont try and be a Ebay Casanova...way much junk gets sold on ebay

I went to MECUM a few weeks ago and did a video inspection on a nice little 66 coupe cloned as a GT350. In the auction listing, I must admit, the car looked half nice. (Never trust pics)

Once I got up on it, holy snapping duck shi7. Tried to be nice in the commentary (excuse some of the language) but I thought the owner was behind during periods of the inspection (thats the bit where Im being nice)

Please watch the video and pause it in the first few seconds. Look at the car and say to your self....yeah, thats a nice lil coupe...then watch the rest of the video.

Mustang Shelby Coupe MECUM

I had a figure of $12-$15,000 considering it was at MECUM AUCTIONS....(like that means shi7)...sorry, not a fan of auctions.....maybe 2% of the cars are any good...anyway...where was I...thats right 12-15k

This pile of rag doll trash sold for..........$33,000 (maybe $35,000)...I cant remember exactly but that is just drug money for that car

So, that said (I dont care who anyone uses to get a car inspected)...just get it inspected. I get jacked by sellers everyday thinking that this is my first rodeo (only today got the BS sales pitch on a 67) and when I got the inspection pics from the previous inspection....the guy selling it was full of SHIP (total gong beater)  :smash: :smash:

If you have time, you can watch alot of inspections videos here

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShermattAmerica?feature=mhee

Matt

Offline N140189

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 08:48:32 am »
Hi Guys,
just like to thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated. There is a bit to read and perhaps a lot thinking so i will do this over the weekend.
Thanks again.
Frank

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »
Whatever you do get an inspection - we did this one this week

The moral of the story is that if you get rear ended REALLY hard just attach another back end on, she'll be right mate! *NOT*
Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »
Another nice mustang from CA ,rust free i mean you get the rust free , even pop rivets .