21st Annual American Car Nationals, Queanbeyan

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 21st Annual American Car Nationals, Queanbeyan  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Rich

• Stallion
« on: September 27, 2011, 03:19:35 pm »
Hi Guys,
What a fantastic event this turned out to be. Lousy weather but those that braved the chill saw a fabulous turn out of cars. More than 30 Mustangs rolled in to join about 130 other US cars and trucks. The Mustang Club received the Best Club Display award which shows the depth of support shown for local events. Thanks to Les and Lisa who drove down in the BEAUTIFUL Cally Special, one sweet car! Thanks too to all the others who made the trek. Saturday's Ford/GM event was also great with about 160-170 cars. Who knows how many more would have turned out if the weather was kinder. This event has been organised now by the same people for 21 years and it continues to gain strength. Next years swap meet promises to be bigger than this years which completely circled the main show arena. Great shows guys, Thanks!!

Dicko

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:21:48 pm »
Sorry, Richard, I beg to differ with respect to "This event has been organised now by the same people for 21 years...".

This show wasn't organised by the American Car Club the organisation which ran the show for a number of years (? not sure how many) up until 2009 under the name of American Car Nationals of which this name was owned by the current organisers.  

There was some kind of disagreement between the two parties and a split eventuated. As I understand, it is now a private show and not run by any car club (I can be corrected on this).

The American Car Club cannot use the words American Car Nationals and now runs their own show called American Car Classics and was held on April 2 2011 and will be held around a similar time from now on.
Reg