October 3 - Monday of the Long weekend

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: October 3 - Monday of the Long weekend  (Read 2951 times)

Offline shogun120

• Stallion
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »
Wollombi Markets on MONDAY October 3 .The markets are only held on the Mondays of long weekends. It's been a few years since we visited the markets and as it's always a fun day, especially for the girls, we should again grace them with our presence. Always plenty to see and do out there with the museum, winery, cafes ,craft as well as Dr Jurds jungle juice at the pub.
Coast cars meeting at the site of the old Woodberry Inn at the beginning of Yarramalong Road Wyong at 8 am for an 8:15 departure for the pub. Cars from Sydney wishing to attend I would suggest meeting at the old Berowa tollgates for an 8am SHARP departure so both groups of cars arrive about 9am at the markets.
Hope to catch up with you all on this day as we haven't had a coasties run for a while.
Norm 0418 435455

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:17:22 pm »
Norm, count me in.

What's the number of your mechanic? (You still with the one at Berkeley Vale)
IMG

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:38:47 am »
Forecasting storms all weekend so the paddock could b fun!
IMG

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:44:35 am »
We'll park in the parking area beside the pub. Plenty of room and not so far to carry any goodies. That lower paddock we have used before would be a bit wet after the rain of last weekend.Got my fingers crossed for a reasonable day as the stang hasn't been out for 6 weeks or so.
Stormin

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:58:17 pm »
Fingers, legs and everything else crossed for it too. Just had a bit of paintwork fone on mine - had the mirrors, side vents and fron valance painted to match the car as they should be. MJM at Tuggerah did a great job. If its raining I won't be making it as I have the kids.
IMG

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:29:34 am »
Will have to can the run I'm afraid.After the rain and wind we had on the coast last night and today even if the markets manage to go ahead the parking would be impossible. Will try to arrange another in the new year.
Next outing for the Brumbys will be the MARDI GRAS parade at The Entrance on DEC 3. This year is the 60th event and a big one is planned.
Stormin

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »
Hey Norm, shame about that, but understandable. What about a fish and chips run or night out to Hedon Greta drive in? Am happy to help if needed.
IMG

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »
Fish and Chip run is scheduled for Dec 3 after the Mardi Gras parade. Details should be in next months mag.
Stormin

Offline drmorbius

• Stallion
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »
Long weekend???

Lucky buggers... I'm off to work...
Follow my adventures on Restoring a 66 Mustang

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:11 pm »
Made the right call about the Wollombi Markets Run. Some one didn't read the cancellation and made the trip.Sent me a photo which showed the car park under water.
Stormin

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:04 am »
Norm, that was me who sent you the photo. We didn't take the Mustang (though the roads were dry and it didn't rain). We took the Cruiser to check out the markets. We were smart enough to take our gumboots along and spent most of the time laughing at the misfortun of others who had mud all over their La'coste white sneakers tee hee...
IMG