1967 Coupe Restomod One Day To Be Call TUF40D

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1967 Coupe Restomod One Day To Be Call TUF40D  (Read 33028 times)

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:34 pm »
hello fellow MUSTANGERS..

I've become a sucker to the world of car building and at a young age aswell it started all cause of my uncle he started bringing over big old yank tanks a couple of years ago im talking the GM tanks it got me thinking about bringing one over and since im a FORD man i couldnt go past the Beautiful MUSTANG...so i got to searching for a car and then i found this beauty reasonable price 67 Coupe.

Now that i found the one i contacted my uncle about freighting it into australia so he told me all the jargen i needed to know so i got busy finally i got it all ship up and on it way to the great land down under.
once she arrived i got the call to come pick her up so i flew to brissy where it got shipped to and went to pick her up but to my disgust this is how i found her

watch the build of TUF40D in the Restomod section of this forum.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:09 pm »
so once i seen her like this i was one unhappy camper as you would be car damaged missing the  bonnet, boot, front seats, motor, gearbox, front fenders just about useless.
so after months of fighting with the shipper and finally getting my way he said he would repair her well wasn't that a bad idea cause months went by and he kept telling me its in the shop getting repaired really he was waiting on the rest of the car to come into australia.
finally i had enough and i got in contact with the smash reapairs and had a yarn to him he seemed reasonable but to only tell me he hadn't done anything to my car cause the shipper had not agreed to do anything so once this was sorted i get a phone call saying it finished and i can pick her up.
so i get a couple of days of work and drive up and pick her up to find the bodgest job ever done on the repairs ive seen beaches with less waves. but in my disgust and anger i picked her up and drove her home mind you they still didnt have the boot or bonnet nor the front seats which im still waiting on it only been two years since i brought her...

and im glad i had my ute cause they didn't put the motor back in so in the tray it went

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:35 am »
now on that long drive back to sydney well it wasnt to long cause i was pissed off but it had my mind rattling here come a ground up resto i didn;t want to get stuck into but im already have way there so what the hell i thought so in the shed she went and the paint started to fall off with a bit of strippers help

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:30 am »
so now as you can see i bare metaled her roof and quarters and to find in typical US fashion mountains of bog in one straight as a nail car which had me wondering why the even bothered putting bog on her there was some rust in the lower passenger quarter around the front of the wheel well and rear lower quarter in which i got to cutting out

and replacing with some new metal

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:09 am »
so now with that all done i done away with the old doors and guards went out and brought some new ones

this side fitted perfectly unlike the passangers side

in which i had to put the orignal door back on to get it to fit up nicely

now with her in a first gap up stage i decided to send her shell out to the sandblasters and get the engine bay and inside the boot and cab blasted more photos will be posted once she has returned.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:17:52 am »
Quote from: T-CODE KID link=topic=14378.msg146479#msg146479
mate ..that is unbeleiveable.

is it even the same car & VIN # match at least as in the first pic of the stang?

what did the seller in the USA say?

crikey you'd be LIVID....................

yeah it all the same i spoke to the seller he was sort of annoyed in which i was also see it happened in some where from when it got loaded into the container and unloading cause once i got it picked up from the seller and sent to the shipping yard i had the guy there take photos of when it arrived at the yard and it was still good so somewhere from it there on is where the problem is and thats the only reason why i got it repaired to start with cause i had these photo's luckly which the shipping company didn't know i accquired

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 01:32:57 am »
Sorry to hear ur story.
Amazing !
Good luck with the rebuild.
Looks like ur on the right track.
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:24:19 am »
Jesus thats bad, good to see that your continuing with it

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »
interested in who the "shipper"in Brisbane is .  can you message me, since we dont like to "name and shame" on here...had this sort of thing happen to a mate of mine a few years back by someone here in brissie, and wonder if he is still at it..

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »
Did you have shipping insurance ?
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »
Quote from: 67fasty.sm link=topic=14378.msg146528#msg146528
Did you have shipping insurance ?

nah i didn't but only cause my uncle reconmended the guy that has used several times and he no longer got insurance so i thought i would be right but i was wrong

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:06 pm »
Bloody hell, you seem to have taken it pretty well!!

No point tearing up I suppose. Good to see you getting on with it. I see you are in St Clair, you should pop in & say hello.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 03:13:25 am »
Quote from: soc123_au link=topic=14378.msg146592#msg146592
Bloody hell, you seem to have taken it pretty well!!

No point tearing up I suppose. Good to see you getting on with it. I see you are in St Clair, you should pop in & say hello.

Hey I may do I need to get some reference Photos of a 67 If I can

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:05 am »
Mate don't stress I got my 65 coupe when I was 15 or so and fell victim to all your crapy panel beaters but after getting on with it all it ended up a pretty nice car it took me 3 years to do it on aprentiship carpenter wages!
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »
a couple more photos of before i sent it away to sandblasting one small rust patch in the rear floor
now its all back from the blasters looking pretty fine i was expecting the worse....

but no mucking around here soon as she was back the rad support came out along with the RHS apron

and the engine bay came up alright aswell but watch this space as im goin to change alot in here......

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »
well now that i got a bit of time i better update my restomod:

as before back from the sand blasters and back into full swing the new rad support all back and along with the RHS apron

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »
now after goin over the car once back from the blaster the rear cowl had some bad pitting in the boot channel so off it came and while it was of i POR-15 the under so it shouldnt rust again.

now its all clean a new panel was put back on

and the boot lid to make sure all the gaps lined up.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 10:04:44 pm »
with all the major rust repairs all done it was time to repair those panels and get them straight.
after doin a bit a hammer and dolly work and file finishing i was very pleased with the end result all highfilled and ready to rub and paint.

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:02 pm »
now that the major of the outside body was done there was one more thing to do before i send her away to get some suspension work done. yep the dreaded floors but the had to be done, there looking good right now care of POR-15 to help prevent and future rusting issues.

in the coming weeks i will have a life agiain while she is off getting some new suspension but i still have heaps of stuff to like repair doors, guards, bonnet and boot lid and also put some colour to the inners of all these panels.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:22:45 am »
You dont muck around, it's looking good. Look forward to the next round of updates:thumb:

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 11:36:56 am »
Excellent work so far.
Well done.
Love watching build threads, so keep up the pics.
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline bages

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »
Quote from: soc123_au link=topic=14378.msg148957#msg148957
You dont muck around, it's looking good. Look forward to the next round of updates:thumb:

+1 :thumb:  congrats on progress you've made so far! :bow:

Offline Dad

• Worked
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:46 pm »
Great work.

One thing however.....please remove the Monaro picture from the shed. It is Mustang territory now. :thumb:

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 10:56:49 pm »
Quote from: stang8 link=topic=14378.msg149005#msg149005
Great work.

One thing however.....please remove the Monaro picture from the shed. It is Mustang territory now. :thumb:

wish i could but not my shed the guy that owns it useally has two holdens in there but i managed to get my baby in there and wasnt the a task hahaha

Offline TUF40D

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 11:11:54 am »
its been a long time since ive been on here and very little has been done casue of all this cold weather.

although some has been done, ive edged out the doors, guards, bonnet and boot, i'll supply some photos once my camera will take a good shoot every shoot i take make the colour look totally different.

also i've had her up on a hoist to check the floor plans they put in well should i say half put in and looks like all that good work i done on top of the floors is going to waste as im think whole new floors which will once again slow the process down alot oh well at least my new front end will go in at the end of this week thats a plus..

i'll keep you all posted

if anyone know of someone that would like to help with the floors would be greatly appreacated.

cheers andrew.:burnout: