indicator problems **FIXED**

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: indicator problems **FIXED**  (Read 5316 times)

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »
just wondering if there are any electrical guru's that can help.
my front indicators work with headlights off, and parkers on or off, but when i turn the headlights on the indicators dont work on the front, the hood ones work and the rear ones work.
i have LED tail lights and LED front indicators. they dont work when i put bulbs back in either.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:22 pm »
Mild,

I had the exact same problem. LED rear lights. When I put in LED front indicators, they dont work and from memory the rears stop working also when the headlights are on.
Only difference is that with mine all is OK when I put the normal bulbs back in the front indicators.

You should check the earth on the fronts.

If that doesn't fix it - search on my posts for a thread about it. I went to great lengths and the thread explains how the indicators are wired and so should help you troubleshoot it.

Did my head in and gave up and just left the normal bulbs in the front.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »
Frank, his indicators don't work with the headlights on, bulbs or LEDs. The rest of his car works mint.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:14 pm »
just been out playing with the globes and LEDs, no differance, but i have found that the earth turns to positive when lights on :soap: any ideas?
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:00 am »
plug aroung wrong way?

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:31:33 am »
OK its a bit different to my problem then.

Mild, the fact that the earth turns positive I believe may be normal - although I'm not sure it should do that just by turning on the lights. You will find that the side markers and the front indicators dont flash in unison, they are sequential. So what happens is that they change polarity depending on which is flashing. See if you can find my old thread - I explain it better there.

Good luck.
Cheers,
Frank.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:33:06 am »
I've found out the parkers are meant to turn off, with the headlights on, but it isn't explaining why the indicators are turning off too.
Custom Mustangs
For Email CLICK HERE
Signature Sponsor

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:15:23 am »
Here is a reply from Mustang Project, about trying to find the problem:

Many of these older cars have had the front valance removed and replaced with the front parking lamps incorrectly wired back in.  So the customer will need to check the wiring wire-by-wire from the socket to the turn signal switch.   Make sure to check it against the original Ford wiring diagrams.   Also check each socket for shorts inside by removing one lamp housing at a time and trying the signals.

Custom Mustangs
For Email CLICK HERE
Signature Sponsor

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »
thanks steph, i think it maybe a auto elec prob as i have the tendency to lose the plot with elec probs, or anyone know of a good auto elec?

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 03:13:09 pm »
or anyone want to offer there help in carrum downs? i pay BEER!
:drink:

Offline 65coupe

• Stallion
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »
When I changed the tail light on my bike from bulb to led with built in indicators, the front flashed different to the rear.. When the front is on the rear is off and other way around for the back.. Are you using a electronic flashed can or load resistors on the front?

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »
im running a sequentional flasher on the rear and separate one for the front.
they are for LEDs.

Offline 65coupe

• Stallion
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 03:51:48 pm »
On my led tail light for the bike the indicators only have the positive wire connected and not the negative..

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 04:45:15 pm »
i think iv (car) have blown a fuse as i now have no headlights :soap:

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »
no fuse, i take it that its built into the switch?
was a new one :banghead:

Offline 65coupe

• Stallion
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:09 pm »
How's the prob going have you fixed it yet?

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 04:12:23 pm »
no not yet, a mate will be helping sometime next week, so hopefully he can get to the root of the prob

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 03:45:50 am »
its 3:50am and i may have a idea, does the headlight wiring go through the reg and alternator wiring? as i no longer have the old reg, i have a one wire alt.
:hope:

:mad:

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:52 am »
On my car you can have the headlights on without the engine running, so that would imply there is a direct circuit to the battery somewhere. If that is stock I dont know as my headlights have been rewired with relays.

I'm pretty sure there would be a fuse for the headlights, no ?

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 65coupe

• Stallion
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 07:28:32 am »
I'm pretty sure that on my father inlaws 66 coupe the heAd lights will work with out the car running..

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »
Quote from: donoauto! link=topic=12705.msg133497#msg133497
Hi MILD67,  Your welcome to call me on 0407019079 if you wish to discuss the problem. I've got some ideas. Takes too long to type it all out! Just not tonight.
Cheers,
Mark

ill call you tomorrow, what times best?

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »
Anytime from 7.20am (or 0266463338 if you'd prefer a landline)
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline fangstang

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »
is the problem fixed yet?

Offline fangstang

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »
just wanting to know the earth that turns to power? what earth are you talking about?

Offline MILD67

• Worked
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:14 pm »
the earth at the bulb for parker and indicator