NEW Florida Finds CLOSED

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: NEW Florida Finds CLOSED  (Read 8801 times)

Offline zav007

• Stallion
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »
I just read that Shermatt cant post his Florida finds anymore. Why is that?I'm in the market for a Fastback and was looking forward to Shermatt postings.
Crapola! What gives?

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
Commercial postings not allowed sorry

Offline zav007

• Stallion
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:25:58 pm »
so I can advertise my car here and he cant find me a car and post it?

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:10 pm »
Quote from: zav007 link=topic=11591.msg122246#msg122246
so I can advertise my car here and he cant find me a car and post it?

That about sums it up...
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »
ZAV, check his commercial website.  You'll probably get more info from there anyway.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:28:34 pm »
Quote from: rickchampion link=topic=11591.msg122245#msg122245

So we're not allowed to post here anymore?
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:40:24 am »
Just to clarify, I posted it on the other thread : Shermatts Apology - That’s my understanding due to the commercial advertising rule –

If iT is the case, in my view it just makes a mockery of others being allowed to post cars for sale. To sell something is a commercial act – full stop!!

Seems this stupid rule is deliberately out to get a select few – irrespective of the carnage it causes – Those that are hiding behind the scene in this, need to wake up to themselves JMHO

Also goes to show this stupid stance has not been thought through enough - good luck to those wanting to find a car out of the USA.

Offline mustang-jerry

• Thoroughbred
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:59 am »
Quote from: BLKPNY link=topic=11591.msg122252#msg122252
Quote from: rickchampion link=topic=11591.msg122245#msg122245

So we're not allowed to post here anymore?

This has all dragged on way too long , There was nothing better than getting on the forum and having a look at Florida finds, ken's cas and bosskraft I was also a massive fan of BLKPNY specials.
Absolute shambles.

Offline m67gl

• Stallion
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 08:54:07 am »
:agree:
This has been a total ballsup. What was the reason for this upheaval? Conflict between MOCA advertisers in print form V's Advertisers on the Forum???? Can someone enlighten me.  VMF seem to run a forum for all. From memory you have to subscribe to the site to post any 'for sale' adds, commercial operators included. (I love those VMF group buys).  If action was needed on this forum then the status quo should have remained until the details were sorted out.  The best way to stuff every one around is to send the decision to a committee and make everyone wait.  I will endeavour to make this my last comment of a negative nature.  There is still alot I like about 'the forum'.

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:19 am »
I imediately took action by withdrawing my build threads in protest to no gain. But restored them as it only affects the ones i love , You Guys! Ive being trying to go along with the Humour to get the forum back , trying to hold back my real thoughts and that is pretty much what Grumpyone and the others posted above have said . Its just the biggest load of CRAP! it doesnt affect me/us financially that the businesses cant advertise , it affects the upcomming mustang buyers , builders and general forum uses like me that just enjoy looking at new parts available and pics of mustangs for sale in the U.S. and imformation given by the pro's like the missing Kerry.

Offline mustang-jerry

• Thoroughbred
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:50 pm »
:gpost:

Why wouldn't you wait till a new policy is in place before removing all the good threads and upsetting everyone with a over drawn out wait on how they can advertise.

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 02:34:59 pm »
Quote from: mustang-jerry link=topic=11591.msg122309#msg122309
:gpost:

Why wouldn't you wait till a new policy is in place before removing all the good threads and upsetting everyone with a over drawn out wait on how they can advertise.
Sorry mate, is that a question to me or a sarcasm remark to the poor handling of the stance , i keep reading it with different meanings :banghead:

Offline mustang-jerry

• Thoroughbred
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 03:03:19 pm »
It's meant for the powers that be... They screwed this up all it has done is cause anger and confusion for nothing but a few advertising dollars.

Scott66stang you have the best car build thread on this forum i'v seen for a long time :thumb:

Offline Spooky

• Worked
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:45 pm »
I agree that it is a rediculous policy. I hope the powers that be change their minds!
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »
Quote from: mustang-jerry link=topic=11591.msg122318#msg122318
It's meant for the powers that be... They screwed this up all it has done is cause anger and confusion for nothing but a few advertising dollars.

Scott66stang you have the best car build thread on this forum i'v seen for a long time :thumb:
Oh Shucks , now ive got all emotional again :tissue: In a good way thou

Offline mustang-jerry

• Thoroughbred
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 03:16:39 pm »
The build threads are the main reason I'm on this forum nothing like seeing them brought back from the dead.

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:54 pm »
Quote from: mustang-jerry link=topic=11591.msg122322#msg122322
The build threads are the main reason I'm on this forum nothing like seeing them brought back from the dead.

Which gets me so :soap: because if it wasnt for the comercial advertisers on here i wouldnt have my Mustangs and be able to get my abundace of parts cheap and imported from the states , which means i wouldnt of existed on here. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER im breaking up im breaking up :giggle: Lalalala!!!!!

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 04:04:40 pm »
Quote from: scott66stang link=topic=11591.msg122324#msg122324
Quote from: mustang-jerry link=topic=11591.msg122322#msg122322

Which gets me so :soap: because if it wasnt for the comercial advertisers on here i wouldnt have my Mustangs and be able to get my abundace of parts cheap and imported from the states , which means i wouldnt of existed on here. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER im breaking up im breaking up :giggle: Lalalala!!!!!

Hang in there guys,

:cry::cry::cry:

I for one, ain’t going down without screaming from the roof top!!

:soap::soap:
It's about time these tosses woke up to themselves - the facts are,  as a lot of us have already stated - if not for those few advertisers and other forum members, some of us would not have brought our cars etc etc.

Clearly someone, or maybe a few people, are running their own agenda's, at everyone else’s expense!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »
Start another forum without the politics.. easy :drink:

I'm hanging around, and hopefully it all gets sorted out and we live happily ever after.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 05:23:10 pm »
I have been trying to get some resemblance of the old forum back, by using humor, but in reality I am P!$$ed, we have lost some great members through this, not just commercial, Moe hasn't been on since yesterday morning!!,maybe he is busy.....Moca make a decision asap!!

Have to also state that I really love seeing what cars and things are available from the sellers, its kinda like  reading the trader at times.

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 05:44:29 pm »
i think that we need a decision maker to make a decision. anyone got one of these?

also, a suggestion to the administrators, that with any major policy update, is it possible to change the colour scheme? a think a facelift is needed to welcome in the changes. it also gives an indication that things are fresh, new, and gives a positive feel to the place.

and remove any hate mail that has surfaced over the last week or 2...

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:07 pm »
It may take a week or 3 but from what I understand all this rubbish will be sorted soon. If for some reason sanity doesnt prevail in the next few weeks & the plans fail then who knows.

Offline donoauto

• Worked
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 05:50:37 pm »
Quote from: eri67 link=topic=11591.msg122333#msg122333
I have been trying to get some resemblance of the old forum back, by using humor, but in reality I am P!$$ed, we have lost some great members through this, not just commercial, Moe hasn't been on since yesterday morning!!,maybe he is busy.....Moca make a decision asap!!

Have to also state that I really love seeing what cars and things are available from the sellers, its kinda like  reading the trader at times.

:agree: I miss the "old days" of say........2-3 months ago. The die hards were advertising ( although not bombarding us AT ALL ) & the try hard blow ins were probably getting sorted out in the back room by CPU & peterp & mussy65?. I can't think of why anyone doesn't enjoy seeing these cars from OS advertised. If nothing , it's a talking point.
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 06:08:41 pm »
Totally agree.  Am having terrible thoughts about a 69 / 70 Mach 1 and loved looking at Florida Finds and the like as a reference for whats out there and how much they are selling for.  Bring them back :hammer:

Offline mjb0015

• Worked
NEW Florida Finds CLOSED
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »
I have been reading all the responses to this decision of stopping commercial advertising, I for one believe this is Un-Australian! I believe it should be the right of the individual to advertise on this forum, be they commercial or private and that it should be upto the members on the forum to put to a democratic vote if we want to allow commercial advertising. The members that have commercially advertised, be them cars or products have provided a great deal of service and reward to many members on this forum, including myself. So lets be Australian and put to a vote, Yes or NO for the commercial
advertisers.
My vote is YES!!!!!!

mjb