Hi from OZ

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Hi from OZ  (Read 4598 times)

Offline skippy

• L Plates
Hi from OZ
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:14:04 am »
I just wanted to introduce myself, I am an Aussie living here in Texas with my American wife Lori. I have just bought my first Mustang 2006 V6 and I love it...I have only been here in Houston for just under 2 years and I am still getting used to driving on the other side of the road and car...If there is anything I can help you guys with me being in the states please let us know, I would love to be able to help my fellow countrymen and would love to keep in contact with new friends back home.

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
Hi from OZ
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:13:34 am »
hi skippy - thanks for the offer - are you there permanently or are you planning to return to Oz anytime soon?  i'm an aussie expat who just returned back to perth from a 12 year gig in San Francisco.

cheers

BrianE :o

Offline skippy

• L Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:43:13 am »
Hey mate,
Im here for the long run, been here for nearly 2 years and love it, i do miss Australia of course but eventually we want to get home at least once a year every year...so do you have a Mustang back in Australia?
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and are you returning back to the states or staying in Oz?

Regards
Steve:2

Offline Mustang

• P Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »
Welcome aboard mate.

I'm an American Aussie myself living here in California, good to see others around.

Later

Offline skippy

• L Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »
If you are ever in Texas, give us a g'day!! It is always good to meet other Aussies in the States. Mr. Mustang....you were here for a short time, but Mustang in Calif....are you here for good or for a short time?

Offline Mustang

• P Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:03:16 am »
Been here for a while, and will be here for good. But I'll be making trips back to Australia every now and then, hopefully I'll be there in Aus by mid this year.

Offline mus66

• P Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 06:44:05 pm »
Gday mate. Darryn here i would love to go to America one day with my family. I have no idea what it would be like. If you need any vegemite let me know and we will smuggle it over for you. you see any great mustang flags or big posters my work shop would love to hang them up. If you find any e-mail me at mus66@bigpond.net.au I will pay you for any costs. Great to talk and we will talk again soon. England are getting thrashed in the cricket.:(:(

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
Hi from OZ
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 05:45:20 pm »
G'day Skippy
Been over a couple of times and love it.Heading back to LA on Monday on way to Tulsa.Have a 20 min stop in Dallas on the way over and back.Then5 days in LA looking for parts and maybe anothe car . I'm told the weather has just gone to freezing in OK.
Stormin

Offline Skulls

• Worked
Hi from OZ
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 08:34:21 pm »
hey Stormin - your not an Oil Man are you?????????

I spent some time in Tulsa at a place called Kellyville - training to become a Fracmaster

Great place for cowgirls

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
Hi from OZ
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 09:29:31 am »
G'day Skulls
Sorry not an oil man. Going over for The Chili Bowl midget Speedcar racing.
Mate from here has a couple of cars entered..He won it last year.A lot of the top Nascar and sprintcar drivers run it .Big prize money compared to out here. Check out the web site.
stormin

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
Hi from OZ
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 09:16:54 pm »
G'day to all our American members. We are planing a family holiday to LA for October this year. We are doing the usual Disneyland thing then spending 4 weeks on the road travelling to Vegas then to San Francisco and back to Long Beach for a week. While where at Long Beach we are wanting to rent a new Mustang for a week. Do any of you guy's know how I would go about trying to hire a Hertz ? Or would I just be better of settling for a new convertible. I'm keen on the hertz but the wife & kid's want a convertible.( It's all good anyway). I already have my shopping list ready for my 67 Fastback. But know doubt when I'm there I will buy more than I should or need. Any recommendation's for mustang spares shops around California would be appreciated.
Cheers
Tony

Offline Skulls

• Worked
Hi from OZ
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 12:42:45 am »
I have rented a hertz - prepare to part with a lot of cash $180 per day USD was the best we could get for 5 days including all the B/sh!~# insurances etc.

recommend you book in advance Via the web , sometimes they run deals.

Whilst the Hertz is a fun car - a Shelby it ain't (HP talking here) yes it goes but so do the standard V8 muzzys

get the convertible is my humble opinion, they are way cooler in LA and dirt cheap compared to the Hertz SHELBY. There is a load of muzzy shops in LA , but i recommend NPD - DOWNLOAD the catalogue before you go so you can make sure they have what you want.

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
Hi from OZ
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
Thanks for the reply I think the convertible might be the go. What does NPD stand for ?

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Hi from OZ
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 08:53:44 pm »
NPD is  "National Parts Depot", a supplier of Mustang parts (not just limited to Mustangs). You can download a cattledog on line or order one online, free of course. Well worth the effort.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
Hi from OZ
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 09:38:21 pm »
NPD are very big and very fast.  ship internationally too.  they're mainstream suppliers with most parts.  they have varying quality depending on the part.  lots of parts made in asia.  that said, i've used them extensively.  www.npdlink.com

i find Mustangs Plus in Stockton CA brilliant for restomod stuff (thats their specialty) www.mustangsplus.com  and Virginia Classic Mustang for concours stuff www.virginiaclassicmustang.com

as they say,  "horses for courses"...

BrianE. :o

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
Hi from OZ
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 08:21:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Ive checked out the web site on all 3 & they all look like they have everything I would need. I have brought some parts from Calafornia Mustang recently & found them great to deal with. They had the parts here in 10 days.

Offline Damo

• L Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:32 pm »
Originally posted by skippy
I just wanted to introduce myself, I am an Aussie living here in Texas with my American wife Lori. I have just bought my first Mustang 2006 V6 and I love it...I have only been here in Houston for just under 2 years and I am still getting used to driving on the other side of the road and car...If there is anything I can help you guys with me being in the states please let us know, I would love to be able to help my fellow countrymen and would love to keep in contact with new friends back home.

Offline Damo

• L Plates
Hi from OZ
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:03 pm »
It's great to here you are enjoying it over there. Mustang heaven. So how is the 2006 mustang, they are a great looking car. Although a little bit pricey back here. You mentioned that you are in Texas, have you seen any of Unique Performance's GT 500 Eleanors around. The reason I ask is because that is what I am building back here a 67 GT500E fastback. The car is back to bare metal and the right hand drive has been done. Now I am looking at the options of what motor to put in it.

Welcome aboard talk soon!

Damo