Importing 2007 GT-CS

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Importing 2007 GT-CS  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Fallon

• L Plates
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:53 pm »
Hi guys, I currently live in Dubai and am about to purchase an 07 GT California Special. P/P is about AUD 49K. Thinking I may shift it back to Oz in a year or so. Is there a simple value proposition that makes this worthwhile or not? (and do I need to convert it?) Any advice or contacts would be most appreciated. Cheers - F

Offline Mustang

• P Plates
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:13:26 pm »
Welcome,

If you would have owned it for a period of 12 months or so at the time of shipping, you can bring it in as a personal import. You would also have to get it converted and complianced.

Your other option is to bring it in through RAWS, they will ship it for you and also do the conversion and compliance for you in order for it to get registered.

If you are not staying in Australia for long you could get a permit to bring it in as is, but you must take it back within a certain period of time, otherwise you would have to convert it.

Thats as far as I know. I'm in the same boat kinda, but in the US instead.

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:29:17 pm »
Originally posted by Fallon
Hi guys, I currently live in Dubai and am about to purchase an 07 GT California Special. P/P is about AUD 49K. Thinking I may shift it back to Oz in a year or so. Is there a simple value proposition that makes this worthwhile or not? (and do I need to convert it?) Any advice or contacts would be most appreciated. Cheers - F

Hey Fallon,

Conversion I think depends on what state you are in. I know here in WA there are LHD cars rego'ed and driven. Not sure of any restrictions though.

If you know what part of Oz you might relocate to try contacting that states Dept of Transport for clarification.

Cheers

Shawn

Offline Tom65Fastback

• P Plates
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:54:01 am »
Hi Guys,

I lo0ked into doing a similar thing.. I contacted a couple of the places who are registered to comply and change over the steering etc for the mustangs in Australia and there were quotes of $28000 and $35000... a tad expensive.

Cheers,

Thomas

Offline Skulls

• Worked
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:10 am »
You will need Full Australian compliance and that means conversion as well.

Only Vehicles older than 15 years get exemptions and Yes these do differ from state to state.

A CS converted is probably going to run you $85k registered , considering a GT Falcon will run you something like $65-70k - it is the previous poster suggested a TAD XPENSIVE

However if we lobbied hard enough , I am sure that within 2yrs we will see the reintroduction of the Mustang in this country through selected ford dealerships. I say 2yrs becausee that's how long IT will take ford to come up with excess inventory - they are currently Hot property in the US

Offline 2007GT

• P Plates
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 12:08:49 pm »
Sorry, Just figuring how to paste my post from another section!!

Offline 2007GT

• P Plates
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 12:10:55 pm »
I have a 2007 model GT Convertible. It was converted in NZ and has full NZ compliance.

I'm thinking of moving to Queensland and would like to bring the car with me as I have never had so much fun since I got it in Nov 06. I'd hate to have to leave it behind!

Can anyone advise if the compliance from NZ is transferable?

Also, the prices shown for conversion to RH by Australian converters are in line with what it costs in NZ. It is a lot of money, but it is also a big job. Mine took 7 weeks and every time I went to look at progress there were 4-5 guys working on it!
I sent pictures post conversion to the US dealer I bought it from and he was amazed at how much trouble they went to.
If anyone is interested I can list some of the aspects of conversion most people don't even realise need to be done.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Importing 2007 GT-CS
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 07:31:01 am »
hey there 2007GT..from NZ

can you email me..i wish to discuss what dramas you had with your conversion...im about to go down this avenue.

any information would be appreciated

Thanks Mate

handsomerob73 hot mail