Immobilizer for a 66

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Immobilizer for a 66  (Read 10001 times)

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Immobilizer for a 66
« on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:08 pm »
Hi all, I want to have an immobilizer fitted to my 66 convertible and am after info on whether anyone can recommend a fitter in the Adelaide area (preferrably near north east suburbs) that can supply and fit one that would not be obvious and would take care of the car during the fitting. Thanks

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:40:00 am »
MWIZZ ...I live out North & I fitted a Touch Sense immobiliser on my 66 & I am thrilled with it......totally hidden, black wired minor job to fit...............I can show you mine if you wish.

ps. I hope your displaying your car at the Nationals at Easter it looks great.   :(

check out ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOUCH-SENSE-IMMOBILISER-SUITS-XA-XB-XT-XW-XY-GT-MUSTANG_W0QQitemZ250505425193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a53497129
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 06:22:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I have sent a U2U.

Offline bridgo65

• Thoroughbred
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:48:08 pm »
Hey guys,

I also have a Touch Sense Immobiliser - yet to be fitted but will do so shortly.  I few threds on this subject already exist in the forum just do a search.

:f

Offline vert67

• Pony
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

I was looking at these immobilisers too. Are they very hard to fit ? My electrically skills stretch to putting in a car stereo, but anything beyond that and I am stumped.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:28:48 am »
If you can fit a car stereo you can fit one of these.........from memory there was only 4 wires to connect.
Just need to be a bit imaginative about where or what to use for you touch sense point.....Originally I used a Stainless Steel screw, that turned out to be not so good...I changed it for a normal steel screw & thats much better( better conductivity )........it also comes with a small switch so the unit may be deactivated ...eg like if you were to have your car serviced or something no one needs to know about it. Needless to say it will only work on our older cars with a metal key...
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline vert67

• Pony
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 09:37:54 am »

Thanks for the info. I'll get one off Evilbay and give it a go.;_

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 09:50:01 am »
Guy's the touch sense unit is very easy to overcome and it only immobilises one circuit. 5 minutes to find the sensor only.   May as well just put an ignition cut off switch under the dash.   I recommend you use a dual circuit alarm system such as the mongoose MS40 or some system that your insurance company approves.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 11:30:43 pm »
I ended up getting a Cyclops p275i system installed today by a local alarm fitter that comes to your house so you don't have to worry about leaving your Mustang anywhere for the day waiting for the fitout. He did a great neat and tidy job and has fitted classics cars before. $250 installed. His name is Brett from N.E. Car Security Services (his own business).

Offline supr-66

• Thoroughbred
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »
Mustangnut & mwizz, great work you boys, I'm really keen for info on the best/most unobtrusive system for my convertible. I'm in Geelong/Melbourne if anybody has a recommendation.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:45 pm »

Thanks supr-66. The cyclops is unobtrusive and although it comes with a flashing LED mine has been tucked into the small gap between the steering column and the rally pack bracket so it appears under the steering column. It can be easily removed from there (as it is not fixed) and placed under the dashboard. The unit sets itself in 40 secs of you turning the car off or you can set it yourself with the small remote on the keys.

You can find further details on the system at the link below:

http://www.dynamco.com.au/products_preview.php?model=P275

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 05:03:52 pm »
Sorry Mate, I have no idea about fitment in SA. I decided to install a electric fuel pump so now i'd like to protect three circuits ignition, starter and fuel pump.  Do I now go for a system that will immobilise three circuits or do I just double up on two of them, undecided. For yourself, you need to consider if you are wanting to immobilise two circuits, incorporate central locking which is real handy or if you just want plain and simple immobilsation, if it's the latter, go with what you can afford. Personally I don't know the Cyclops products but sounds like a good deal.  How many circuits are protected MWizz?

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

According to the specs two circuits are protected. Spec details taken from the site are as follows:

Dual Immobilisation Circuits
The system features two independent 30 Amp rated, normally open immobilisation circuits, which break engine critical signals in the vehicle. Starter motor, fuel pump, fuel injection, main ignition are commonly immobilised circuits

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:29 pm »

Do a search on Immobiliser or immobilizer (two spelling methods) and you will find a few posts on this subject.  Some of the brands available will have a local supplier or fitting service although any decent auto elect should be able to do the job.

Good luck.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 01:37:09 pm »
Another tip is to make sure your insurance company approves of the device, which in some cases, can lead to a reduction in premium.

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 01:39:00 pm »
so being only two, please correct me if i am wrong, two circuits would equal the ignition and the starter being isolated. So with that said one could still get under the bonnet and run a wire/lead what ever from the battery to the starter and bridge the terminals and away we go? Lets be honest not to hard to get in under a mustang hood.
i was looking at putting a electronic valve/switch in the fuel line so would act the same as a electronic fuel pump.

jmho (uneducated opinion at that)

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 04:18:15 pm »
You're learning,;x slowly but learning!:w

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 04:50:52 pm »
ok, so you could run one circuit to a power source starter or ignition and then one to a fuel cut out

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:14:33 pm »
Yep!

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Immobilizer for a 66
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 05:21:32 pm »
mmm... so two circuit may be ok then......oh it hurts to think