Central Locking

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Central Locking  (Read 4207 times)

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Central Locking
« on: December 30, 2006, 12:58:35 pm »
Has anyone put a central locking unit into a 65-66 Coupe? I was looking into doing this, but was wondering if anyone has attempted it?? My local alarm installer, has told me it was a big job, if at all possible!!  Any thoughts..  Cheers and Happy New Year to all..:2

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:11:24 pm »
I dont think it is, Maybe for a person with limited fabrication skills it is, But im sure Ive seen them in the catalouges as a kit, Ask your local mustang shop if there is a kit or look on line at some of the shops in the USA!
Cheers and same to you!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Central Locking
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 02:01:44 pm »
Gidday Brett,
Got my 65 in at Les Bennell? Auto Elec at Ormiston getting air con and an alarm put in it at the moment.  They quoted me an extra $150 to put central locking attached to keyless entry on the alarm system so it can't be that hard.  By the way still got those bits you bought.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Central Locking
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 04:28:09 pm »
Thanks guys, I will try the cataloque's, and I am also back off to the states in a couple of months, so will try and source some bits and pieces before leaving here. I will try that Les Bennell and ask him if he can do it, let me know if he does infact get yours done, as I was told the same, only to be told,after they got into the door, they found it a nightmare trying to mount the motors..or something !!!

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Central Locking
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 05:30:21 pm »
California Mustang has a kit listed, 2005 price was $80 US.
Pt# PDL1.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Central Locking
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 05:55:45 pm »
The kits taht fit a small servo in the door and grip link onto the lock knob aren't all that hard.  The cheap kits have 4 servo units in them, so just discard the rear ones and mount the antenna under the dash.

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Central Locking
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 07:23:26 pm »
I brought a kit, it was not a cheap one, it was meant for older cars with harder door locks... and they tried to fit it today, but said it could not be done for some reason or the other...I brought the kit from the same place that was doing the install, so they knew what vehicle it was going into. They said something about having nowhere to mount the motors in the door.. I will follow up with Derwin66 and see if he has any joy with getting his done. Thanks for the help, I am sure enjoying cruising around in the pony this summer, any excuse to take it out... :+

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Central Locking
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »
All you need is some 25mm X 3mm flatbar! A set if drills a round file....and a full can of elbow grease!!!....But its do-able!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres