Adelaide has the worst drivers in Australia!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Adelaide has the worst drivers in Australia!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline 65GTK

• Thoroughbred
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:07:43 am »
I'm getting excited, not only will there be heaps of Mustangs and the crew that are passionate about them, but the roads, its the thing that I miss. The Barossa Valley make how much wine in a year? Best they up production, the wallopers can have 10 days off. Do they have hoon laws in SA? Best I get back to cleaning the chrome :(

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:15:06 am »
Are you driving and going via Perth?
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline 65GTK

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:37:07 am »
i'm not sure as yet i'll probably bring my 65 over the top end and down and my perth car over on a truck or take my truck with my 65 down to perth and pick up my perth car , if its finished and if i have any coin left. or i'm selling my kids and buying a plane and flying them first class

Offline 65GTK

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:43:21 am »
no offers on the kids, best i get back to work

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:46:15 am »
Originally posted by 65GTK
I'm getting excited, not only will there be heaps of mustangs and the crew that are passionate about them , but the roads, its the thing that i miss . the Barossa valley make how much wine in a year? best they up production, the wallopers can have 10 days off. do they have hoon laws in SA? Best i get back to cleaning the chrome :(

Better be careful doing burnouts! We do have plenty of hoons in their rice burners and hoon laws to keep them in check.

Unfortunately - you will encounter the worst drivers in Australia! Here in Adelaide, indicators seem to be optional! Slow driving right hand lane hogs are encountered on every dual lane road. Seems to get worse by the month!

Car chases are a regular occurrence!

It really is a harrowing experience driving here! Make sure your cars are insured!

Good luck! You will need it on the roads here!

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 08:42:00 am »

Better be careful doing burnouts! We do have plenty of hoons in their rice burners and hoon laws to keep them in check.

Unfortunately - you will encounter the worst drivers in Australia! Here in Adelaide, indicators seem to be optional! Slow driving right hand lane hogs are encountered on every dual lane road. Seems to get worse by the month!

Car chases are a regular occurrence!

It really is a harrowing experience driving here! Make sure your cars are insured!

Good luck! You will need it on the roads here!

Rocket. [/quote]

Are talking about Adelaide or Perth?, as thats a perfect description Perth traffic. :+
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline 65GTK

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:22 am »
you should try driving in broome , even the indicators are on holidays

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:48 am »
Originally posted by 65GTK
you should try driving in broome , even the indicators are on holidays

Then don't come up to China. The rule is "there are no rules" :w

Cars on freeways going the wrong way, using exit ramps as on ramps, ignoring red lights, U turns anywhere. Trucks that have tarps on the load but not tied down (takes too long) so it flaps so wide it takes the lane each side. Removalist trucks that dont tie anything down, just have a bunch of people standing in the back holding the items.

The US is still my favourite place for driving, not so much the roads (which are great) but the drivers know how to act in the various situations (freeway driving or city driving). England scares me on those narrow roads the fly along on, Europe is crazy in the cities, freeways are good.

However Australia still has the best scenery while driving, love those eucalypts..:(

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:10:55 pm »

Geez rocket you don't paint a good picture - you can't be working for the S.A. tourism bureau then? :+

Rick

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:17:09 pm »
Originally posted by ponyride

Geez rocket you don't paint a good picture - you can't be working for the S.A. tourism bureau then? :+

Not Bloody Likely!!

I think the tourism people must spend all their time in the Middle East and India giving free One Way Tickets away!
This place aint what it used to be. Very sad!

I notice that nobody has defended Adelaide drivers. Not surprised one little bit.

In years gone by the cops patrolled the roads and issued warnings and fines to bad drivers. Now they are too busy hiding behind trees with their bloody cameras in order to maximise revenue for the state. This place is an absolute circus!

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 06:18:37 pm »
i just checked the dates of this and the day after this finishes my wife has to be in adelaide for a week... ;_

so i am gonna try and get over for the nationals! i hope it all works out! would love to meet any and all of the guys from the forum!

cheers,

Tim