Category 3

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Category 3  (Read 7841 times)

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
Category 3
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:54 am »
Originally posted by Rock65
Rohan's treasuere here........I thought I could help you out with this one. We definately fit into the 3rd category!! Now having become a mustang forum widow as we eagerly await the arrival of the other woman - car soon to be in Rohan's life. He continusouly assures me that it will be a long term investment.!!With no more to spend, but I must admit I too am starting to share the passion. So much so that I too will be making entrys on the spotted thread, as I travelled home from work the other day on the Great Eastern Hwy  trying to keep up with a yellow mustang  Mussy 66 in front of me. I even turned down my radio to hear the exhaust note. God help me!!

Pacemaker extractors, twin 2" system, 289, 4 barrell carb, new dizzy. It certainly goes better.;_

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
Category 3
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 12:47:28 am »
Originally posted by Foresight
Trying to get the boss to register,,,,,,,,,,,,Why arent you WA blokes at the cruise.....?

My major hurdle is the pain caused by the lack of car between me and the asphalt as i attempt to drive

Hey Foresight... would you like to borrow this. Perhaps you could run along behind the convoy :w:w:w

Cheers,
Mike

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Category 3
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 01:14:16 am »
Rohan's treasuere here........I thought I could help you out with this one. We definately fit into the 3rd category!! Now having become a mustang forum widow as we eagerly await the arrival of the other woman - car soon to be in Rohan's life. He continusouly assures me that it will be a long term investment.!!With no more to spend, but I must admit I too am starting to share the passion. So much so that I too will be making entrys on the spotted thread, as I travelled home from work the other day on the Great Eastern Hwy  trying to keep up with a yellow mustang  Mussy 66 in front of me. I even turned down my radio to hear the exhaust note. God help me!!

Fran is a converted woman now Rohan...and shes the treasurer......;2

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Category 3
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:48 am »
You SOOOOOOO have to email me this pic

That is GOLD....aswell as pi55 funny

[/quote]

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 01:31:20 am »
Originally posted by Shermatt
You SOOOOOOO have to email me this pic

That is GOLD....aswell as pi55 funny

Thought you might like that one Matt...

I was struggling to pick myself up off the floor as I was posting it :w

You can just "right-click" the image and "save-as" if you like.

Will email it just in case it's blocked or something.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2010, 07:23:00 am »
Originally posted by mach70
Originally posted by mikes68

Hi there Rohan's Treasurer... welcome aboard if you have not already been greeted in any previous post. Might I suggest you create your own logon - Rockette65 has a nice ring to it... :+

I smell trouble brewing! :w

i smell a second muzzie in the family :a

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2010, 11:13:18 am »
Justang ,i was thinking maybe an AC Cobra. But will need a bigger garage. I dont think the boss will be into it. But then again it might be a good trade off.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
Category 3
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2010, 11:27:00 am »
Justang ,i was thinking maybe an AC Cobra. But will need a bigger garage. I dont think the boss will be into it. But then again it might be a good trade off.

How about a hoist instead?  will it fit in your current garage??

Offline Rich

• Stallion
Category 3
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:54 pm »
Definitely a 3.
 Came home yesterday with 3 1/2 grands worth of engine, in bits, all new and said "I hope you dont mind".
 She replied, "Of course not, why would I mind?" "Get the best gear you can, you dont want it letting you down on a run"....

Gold!=

Treasure

R

Offline FST68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09:41 pm »

the ac cobra would be the way to go someting like this one.

this is me old mans he is getting there
cobra,
now 68 coupe
talking about a getting a 69 fastback now.

With 5 car accomodation there is still room.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:29 pm »
I would be a catagory 5, the Mrs isnt paticluarly interested in it until its finished but I can do what I like as long as the bills are paid. She has asked once or twice how much I have spent so far & I have told her I am to scared to add it up (which is the truth) Her & the post office delivery lady reckon I have recieved enough boxes of stuff to build 3 cars from scratch:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Category 3
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2010, 09:31:12 pm »
Well I had to spill the beans today, I got home from work not too late, made her an extra strong Scotch and Pepsi max, (cause hats her favorite).
She took one sip, complained how strong Id made it then without even a half breath said, How much 10K?
I was gobsmaced but releived, I had been found out! I didnt deny it but corrected her, "less than 8", I fugered I was slowly getting off the hook when she beared down on me withe the final brutal blow! " thats not the engine too? GULP!

Does anyone  know how to treat a head wound?

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
Category 3
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2010, 09:48:22 pm »
Trying to get the boss to register,,,,,,,,,,,,Why arent you WA blokes at the cruise.....?

My major hurdle is the pain caused by the lack of car between me and the asphalt as i attempt to drive

Hey Foresight... would you like to borrow this. Perhaps you could run along behind the convoy :w:w:w

Hahaha gold mate looks like itll have to do

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:24 pm »

Hahaha gold mate looks like itll have to do

Drop your six-pack in the back, crank up the audio and off you go...  :+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline 66FBK

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2010, 11:05:35 pm »
I told my Mrs when it was on the boat. She sort of snookered my and I spilt the beans. I did have a mates garage ready for the arrival until it cooled down but she was pretty good about it. She did ask me if I was going to sell any of my other cars and I just replied "why". I tried the line of "you couldn't live with just one pair of shoes, could you?" Seem to work. I don't try to tell the Mrs any lies about the $$ but i try to keep it on a need to know basis and she doesn't need to know most of the time.
He, with the most toys wins.

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »
Originally posted by 66FBK
I told my Mrs when it was on the boat. She sort of snookered my and I spilt the beans. I did have a mates garage ready for the arrival until it cooled down but she was pretty good about it. She did ask me if I was going to sell any of my other cars and I just replied "why". I tried the line of "you couldn't live with just one pair of shoes, could you?" Seem to work. I don't try to tell the Mrs any lies about the $$ but i try to keep it on a need to know basis and she doesn't need to know most of the time.  

:w:w:w

I love it... just love it. It has to be up there with the best of them so far!!!

:w:w:w
Cheers,
Mike

Offline nick5800

• Pony
Category 3
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 01:14:23 am »
You're right Mike,

I should have posted this here.
(Below was my initial response to the experience John had with this poor fella that came oh so close to buying a blue oval classic).

What was that guy thinking? He should have bought the car, placed it in storage, told his fun sheriff some bull story that they were conned $40k from some criminal syndicate working overseas and unfortunately they won't see the money again, then in about a months time drive home and say look honey!! I bought a $2 ticket at a raffle at some car show the other weekend and won this car. Then draw her attention to some of the mega buck S Code Fastbacks and real rare Shelby one's for sale on the net (she won't know the difference) and explain we can't sell this car because it is an appreciating asset. See baby its all about kharma? karma?
Dunno it might have worked.

John, at least its a positive sign that you know that car will sell real soon. During the musclecar craze of '07 your car would have sold within 5 minutes of being listed anywhere, then september '08 came by (I feel sick thinking about it).  But in all seriousness I know a few of us have been taking  the piss out of that poor bugger who came close to buying your fastback, if he was genuine in his excuse for backing out of the deal, I don't think his place would be the nicest household to be at the moment???
$5.00/litre wouldn't stop me!!

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2010, 11:24:13 pm »

Sore feet.....do you know how hard it is to carry the car and provide motivation for it?

Oh and I'm 600kms away.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2010, 12:06:14 am »
Originally posted by nick5800
You're right Mike,

I should have posted this here.
(Below was my initial response to the experience John had with this poor fella that came oh so close to buying a blue oval classic).

What was that guy thinking? He should have bought the car, placed it in storage, told his fun sheriff some bull story that they were conned $40k from some criminal syndicate working overseas and unfortunately they won't see the money again, then in about a months time drive home and say look honey!! I bought a $2 ticket at a raffle at some car show the other weekend and won this car. Then draw her attention to some of the mega buck S Code Fastbacks and real rare Shelby one's for sale on the net (she won't know the difference) and explain we can't sell this car because it is an appreciating asset. See baby its all about kharma? karma?
Dunno it might have worked.

John, at least its a positive sign that you know that car will sell real soon. During the musclecar craze of '07 your car would have sold within 5 minutes of being listed anywhere, then september '08 came by (I feel sick thinking about it).  But in all seriousness I know a few of us have been taking  the piss out of that poor bugger who came close to buying your fastback, if he was genuine in his excuse for backing out of the deal, I don't think his place would be the nicest household to be at the moment???

Thanks Nick,

Bugger that guy now. His loss. But the look of despair he had when he came back to pull out was clear evidance the wife had completely deflated his happy purchase a short time earlier. His voice was was down the bottom end of a piano. Other painful thing is he wasted a good 2 hours of my day!!

Brings a point forward though, to help enjoy our mustangs, you really need the other half to be at least on board, even leaning towards the keen end.