Category 3

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Category 3  (Read 7840 times)

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
Category 3
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:51 am »
Originally posted by ozbilt
Let me know when you (or anyone) is up there as I will drop down for a visit. HK is more like my home town now cos I am there so often. Looks like I will be back in China a lot over the next few years. It (HK & ShenZhen) is also where Carol loves to shop. Mustang hobby rolls on...:(

For sure... just throwing the idea around at the moment as the next holiday - if we even get to take one - but wouldn't be until the latter half of this year.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 09:04:20 am »
Originally posted by Thirsty390
You guys may not like what I will answer.

My wife spurs me on.
She reminds if a Nike add.

"JUST DO IT" is what I get when I mention a parts, mod or car purchase.

That's exactly what my wife said... JUST DO IT!!!

It wasn't so much to spur me on as I wore her down... You know, the kinda things that the kids do:

"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Can I have a Mustang?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Can I have a Mustang?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Can I have a Mustang?"
......:w
Cheers,
Mike

Offline monaco66

• Pony
Category 3
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 10:28:45 am »
Mike,
Great thread, the amount of times I have read posts in all catagories and seen the same few words "I have to get permission" or "I have to run it past the Boss" it always makes me LOL. There appears to be plenty of blokes who think they are in charge but when it gets down to it, the truth is reveiled.
I am a fortunate one, mine never complains about how much I spend or how long I spend in the garage and she loves going out on runs.
I think that comes from the fact I have lived in Macau, about 1 hour from Hong Kong, for the past 4 years and I am only home 5-6 weeks a year so being in the garage or going on runs feels very normal after being in a small place all year.
4 Years and have not seen 1 Mustang, although seen a few in Hong Kong, plently of money over there.
Regards

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:11 am »
Originally posted by mikes68
Well the way I see it, we have 3 kinds of members on this forum:

1. Those who don't have a significant other that needs to be consulted;

2. Those who have a significant other that completely shares their passion; and

3. Those who have a significant other that MUST be convinced of the financial, social, health and general long term economic benefits of owning a Mustang

So, which are you and what have you had to do in "Convincing the other half..."

PS I have just been informed by my FC (that's Financial Controller) that there is perhaps a 4th category...

4. Those who have a significant other that is completely oblivious to the goings on in their garage. This would be those that through lies, deception, creative accounting and sheer brilliance are able to mask what goes on behind closed (garage) doors.

This thread is aimed at the 3rd and 4th categories, so here's your opportunity to rid yourself of all of that guilt that has been building up, spill your guts and tell us your "artfull" stories that have either convinced, or kept in the dark, those that we share our lives with.

Go on... I dare you!!

yeah have to say i probably fall in a a different again, not madly keen on it, but does like to go for run's does like to do family things involving it and is ok (not happy) with the money spent.  If it makes you happy........or do you need it or want it normally what i hear. I am sure there will come a day that the What are you doing will come but until then i will just live the dream :(

Offline Cage

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 01:59:14 pm »
Started off as a No.3 to make sure all was cool if I actually really bought one instead of talking about buying one all the time. Got her drunk one night and told her all about the positive side of owning a mustang like
"it will make me happy which in turn will make you happy stuff." And " I have found a really nice bunch of blokes on this forum that will help with stuff and keep the costs down :w:w:w etc etc."

She said she was fine with it as long as I put a pool in the backyard. So I am now trying to organise that but atleast I will also get the benefits of this one so it was an easy call to make.

Now I am definately a No.4 as Shermatt is currently restoring my car and things are quickly adding up. Luv ya Matt:+

Anyway she doesn't work and spends most of my money on clothes and shoes and other stuff so she can't really say to much about it then can she.

Oh yeah she doesn't look at this forum either but if she ever does "Only joking baby, I love you";{

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
Category 3
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:03 pm »
Long history.   :-

Nag nag nag.  :[

Always in the sh*t ............only the depth varies.  :+

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 02:14:14 pm »
Originally posted by cage
Started off as a No.3 to make sure all was cool if I actually really bought one instead of talking about buying one all the time. Got her drunk one night and told her all about the positive side of owning a mustang like
"it will make me happy which in turn will make you happy stuff." And " I have found a really nice bunch of blokes on this forum that will help with stuff and keep the costs down :w:w:w etc etc."

She said she was fine with it as long as I put a pool in the backyard. So I am now trying to organise that but atleast I will also get the benefits of this one so it was an easy call to make.

Now I am definately a No.4 as Shermatt is currently restoring my car and things are quickly adding up. Luv ya Matt:+

Anyway she doesn't work and spends most of my money on clothes and shoes and other stuff so she can't really say to much about it then can she.

Oh yeah she doesn't look at this forum either but if she ever does "Only joking baby, I love you";{  

lol pools seem to be a commen request ::

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Category 3
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »
Mike

very cool post mate

reminds me about the time I wanted my very first R32GTR skyline.......

are we there yet
are we there yet
are we there yet

wore her down!!

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 04:28:09 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
Mike

very cool post mate

reminds me about the time I wanted my very first R32GTR skyline.......

are we there yet
are we there yet
are we there yet

wore her down!!

thought that was going to say

are we there yet
are we there yet
are we there yet

we're done !!!!!! :+

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Category 3
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 05:14:23 pm »
I was thinking of "suitable" user names our "better halves" would come up with if they joined the forum...

Sothisiswherethemoneygoes
Leastitsnotbooze
Nowillhavethemineandyougettheshaft
Whatsthisallaboutmesupportingyourhabit
Iwantedacamaroandyougetthis
Whereisthepool
Novacation

Feel free to add more.

Offline 65GTK

• Thoroughbred
Category 3
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »
come on fellas who's wearing the pants?? i said and i quote " i've reinvested some of our super fund" i got "whatever" that equals  9 1/2 Iacocca ha ha ha

Offline FST68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:52 pm »
Originally posted by mach70
WAs a 2 for a while, whilst not super into it she had real horses and mine was a mechanical 1.

Now I'm a number 1.

but I think you are missing a category

5. the SO has 2 choices......Accept it or :[ off.

That is my way. It was here before you and might be still here after your long gone.

Which probably explains why I'm a number 1!

Yes there is definalty a 5th category

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 08:24:33 pm »
I'm luvin' all of these replies...

keep 'em comin' guys (sorry for being gender specific there girls)

!!! :w:a:p:+;2:f:::(
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 08:25:33 pm »
I was thinking of "suitable" user names our "better halves" would come up with if they joined the forum...

Sothisiswherethemoneygoes
Leastitsnotbooze
Nowillhavethemineandyougettheshaft
Whatsthisallaboutmesupportingyourhabit
Iwantedacamaroandyougetthis
Whereisthepool
Novacation

Feel free to add more.

Here's one I heard recently (not from my other half)...

Whatthef*$k!!!
Cheers,
Mike

Offline ANGZ66

• Worked
  • VIC Member
    • http://mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8047
Category 3
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
While hurriedly trying to finish the car for the Melbourne Roundup, lady of Car enters shed to check progress.

Spotted the new Mustang diecast oval air filter sitting atop the motor along side the previously aquired diecast Mustang rocker covers that she was unsure we really needed anyway.

Exclaimed something allong the lines of....

"Whats that, "
"Where did that come from, "
"I can't trust you when you leave the house,"
"Specially when you go to Mustang Marque,"
"I didn't ask for that,"
"I think this is my car in name only,"

Now after avoiding the question of dollars and cost, (Have got pretty profficient at at that) we made it to the Round Up.

Bugger,,, The same units were on display for sale, prices displayed..

"""They cost nearly ...........

Yeh but, hey they look good.......

Roger.
:f

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Category 3
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »
Originally posted by GRUMPY ONE
Mike good thread.

With me it’s a combo of 2 and 3. But I guess I’m going to keep paying for a long time to come because we just decided to can a trip we had planed to Hong Kong with a mate and his wife ….the poor bugger cant get anymore time of work for atleast the next 6-8 months ….so we (I) have re-directed those funds already put aside into my Stang savings account……Naturally I’m shattered …the same as the misses …boys the stang is that much closer!!!
:+:+:+:+

Funny you should mention HK... My better half and I were looking at that as our holiday for this year.

Let me know when you (or anyone) is up there as I will drop down for a visit. HK is more like my home town now cos I am there so often. Looks like I will be back in China a lot over the next few years. It (HK & ShenZhen) is also where Carol loves to shop. Mustang hobby rolls on...:(

Kerry,

I will contact you when we go there next year, as “strategically speaking” this will have to wait until after I make the stang purchase.

I’m sure you’ll understand this, as it’s a case of my needs over her needs….Naturally…in the end I realize she will win, (Because I’m not a complete fool) but not before I also gain something in return…4 trips to USA in last 20 years and still nothing to show for it, other than fantastic memory’s…this time I would like something a little more tangible!!

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 10:58:39 pm »
Rohan's treasuere here........I thought I could help you out with this one. We definately fit into the 3rd category!! Now having become a mustang forum widow as we eagerly await the arrival of the other woman - car soon to be in Rohan's life. He continusouly assures me that it will be a long term investment.!!With no more to spend, but I must admit I too am starting to share the passion. So much so that I too will be making entrys on the spotted thread, as I travelled home from work the other day on the Great Eastern Hwy  trying to keep up with a yellow mustang  Mussy 66 in front of me. I even turned down my radio to hear the exhaust note. God help me!!

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »
Originally posted by Rock65
Rohan's treasuere here........I thought I could help you out with this one. We definately fit into the 3rd category!! Now having become a mustang forum widow as we eagerly await the arrival of the other woman - car soon to be in Rohan's life. He continusouly assures me that it will be a long term investment.!!With no more to spend, but I must admit I too am starting to share the passion. So much so that I too will be making entrys on the spotted thread, as I travelled home from work the other day on the Great Eastern Hwy  trying to keep up with a yellow mustang  Mussy 66 in front of me. I even turned down my radio to hear the exhaust note. God help me!!

Hi there Rohan's Treasurer... welcome aboard if you have not already been greeted in any previous post. Might I suggest you create your own logon - Rockette65 has a nice ring to it... :+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Category 3
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »

Hi there Rohan's Treasurer... welcome aboard if you have not already been greeted in any previous post. Might I suggest you create your own logon - Rockette65 has a nice ring to it... :+

I smell trouble brewing! :w

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28:13 pm »
Keep up the nice comments fellas,i;m getting brownie points.........

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 11:30:53 pm »
Keep up the nice comments fellas,i;m getting brownie points.........

C'mon Rohan....

let's see that new member's name log on here...
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
Trying to get the boss to register,,,,,,,,,,,,Why arent you WA blokes at the cruise.....?

Offline mikes68

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 12:01:45 am »
Trying to get the boss to register,,,,,,,,,,,,Why arent you WA blokes at the cruise.....?

Daddy daycare tonight...

Edit: BTW... and where exactly are you now??? :+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Category 3
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 12:08:40 am »
Will start crusin when the car arrives.

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
Category 3
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 12:13:47 am »

My major hurdle is the pain caused by the lack of car between me and the asphalt as i attempt to drive