Wiring harness

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Wiring harness  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Mustang_66_Coupe

• Stallion
Wiring harness
« on: December 24, 2009, 11:42:13 am »
Hi all, long time no post.
I'm looking at getting a new wiring harness for my 66 but I am not sure how many circiuts I will need. Will the 12 circiut do the job or should I look at the 21? Has any one tried/used or heard any about the EZ wiring kits?

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:34:48 pm »
I have the 21 EZ harness on mine.  Its is good, has a good price.  The only problem with it is when you try to hook it up to the Steering harness as it runs on a GM scheme.  
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline Ashley

• Stallion
    • www.cfcomponents.com.au
Wiring harness
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:30 pm »
Hi,

I too have one of the 21 circuit EZ Wire harnesses. It is good quality at a fair price. I spend a good day laying mine out and sorting the runs and making it neat. I have been pretty fussy but planning will pay off in the long run with any wiring. I had the luxury of printing out the entire wiring diagram. It is about 1.5m square.

The wires are long enough that you can route them under the guards so that they are hidden in the engine bay. Any circuits that I am not using (only 2 or 3)  I am going to pigtail with a bullet connector. Be aware that the fuse block is about twice the size of the original one. I am mounting mine under the LH dash against the side panel, It is a tight fit but fuses wont be too hard to replace.  The block does not come with mounting plate so I made one out of a bit of scrap alloy.

I will add a couple more photos once I find them.

Ash

66 FB, 302, 5 Spd man
65 FB, 289, 3 Spd auto - SOLD

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Wiring harness
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:00:33 pm »
When fitting the harness, I fit the fuse box to a hinged plate that swings up under the dash. that way when you need to access the box, you just swing it down. Needed are; piano hinge, aluminium plate folded in appropriate shape & a quick release fastener.

Another spot was to cut a hole in a torque box on the passengers side floor if torque boxes are fitted. Like this spot where I have the computer, beside the battery....