66 Coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 66 Coupe  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Sommers157

• Pony
66 Coupe
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:43:28 am »
I have been waiting to get WA licencing and my new plates (66 PNY) before posting pics..... but WA licencing are turning out to be a nightmare so thought I would post picks of my 66 Coupe, 289 4V A Code, 4 speed.

I have had for about 3 weeks now and you canniot get me out of it. The restoration is a credit to the previous owner and I love the colour...very different

picks at: http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad39/Sommers157/66%20A%20Code%20289%204V%20%204%20speed/

cheers

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
66 Coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:31:35 am »
Thats one sweet looking ride!

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
66 Coupe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:45:45 am »
Nice ride Sommers157. Color stands out.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
66 Coupe
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:16 am »
nice ride and yes agree the colour is niceee....

Offline Rock65

• Worked
66 Coupe
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 11:10:25 am »
Very nice sommers .Looks like Praire Bronze.As am going to be dealing with the WA rego branch soon,could you give me a heads up on licencing issues you are having.Cheers

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
66 Coupe
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 11:11:50 am »
Nice ride dude...... rhd aswell!

Where's you find it? obv in the NT?

JC
Rock on!

Offline PNY65

• Thoroughbred
66 Coupe
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28:42 am »
Very nice Sommers, were you driving this Walter Rd on Tuesday morning?
Love the colour, not sure it's Prairie Bronze as others have suggested, looks nicer than that for mine...
My 65 vert was originally Prairie Bronze, til a dealer slapped an average re-sale red on top. I think in a couple of years I'll be going back to original, but this colour is an awesome alternative.

My 65  (PNY65) made it over the pits on Monday, but I think I was VERY lucky!

I took her down to O'Connor at 0700 on Monday and was second in line. For a start it turns out my DOTARS permit has an S at the front not a 5. Luckily I have a book of receipts, including the actual original order doc, which showed it was simply a typo. Which the supervisor was happy to sign off on.
Also my Reverse lights suddenly decided not to work, and my rear right drum had a fresh leak after getting the booster fitted on Friday.

So yeah, I think I was VERY lucky, though he could see there had been a lot of work done, (booster, new fuel tank, extensive rust work etc) and that I'd probably get the faults fixed ASAP.  I mentioned being a member of MOCWA which may have helped?

Main thing I do when dealing with officialdom is to make sure I pass the attitude test... But sometimes there is no pleasing some of these guys.

Offline jaylay

• Worked
66 Coupe
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:58:36 am »
nice rides men

Offline fas66coupe

• Stallion
66 Coupe
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 03:06:47 pm »
thats one nice stang you got there! Great Colour!
- Man this guy can drive!
- What, what?!
- It’s probably mostly the car

Offline Sommers157

• Pony
66 Coupe
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 02:45:17 am »
Thanks everybody.

The original colour was Sauterne Gold or Sage Metallic or Medium Sage Metallic depending on which data decoder you use (Z coded).  Current colour is Mitsubishi "fusion" (as I am told) but I have not been able to locate any samples!

Yes Ragtop I was on Walter Rd on Tuesday morning, was checking out window tinting at Mac Ford down the road. I live in the area.

Rock 65, My main problem with licencing is engineers reports on the brake upgrades. The front and rear disc's were done at different times (and different states), so had to get whole new engineers sign off, then send through to Vehicle Safety Branch for their 'stamp' before then going over the pits again...also need to clean up small oil leaks at gearbox and had an issue with the engine number. Still waiting on Vehcile Safety Branch sign off.
The car was previously registered in WA about 6 yrs ago before the owner moved to QLD and you would not believe it but the same guy who inspected 6 yrs ago was on duty when we went over the pits...same guy same grief.

cheers