1966 Mustang GT Coupe For Sale RHD

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1966 Mustang GT Coupe For Sale RHD  (Read 6919 times)

Offline monaco66

• Pony
« on: December 12, 2009, 04:58:11 pm »
I have decided to sell my GT Coupe to make way for a GT Fastback.
Asking price is $35,000.
This is a genuine factory GT with all options that were available in 1966. A very desirable colour combination of Sauterne gold / black deluxe pony trim.
The vehicle retains all its original GT equipment & factory options including No’s matching 289 4V challenger motor with engine and carburetor tags attached, C4 Auto transmission, P/steering, Factory air, Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, Kelsey Hayes style steel wheels, duel trumpet exhaust exiting through rear valance, GT suspension, fog lamps that also activate rear tail lamps, GT gas cap, fender badging & stripes, factory rally pack, console, day/night mirror, remote door mirror, wood grain dash, glove box & steering wheel, deluxe seat belts with front retractors, padded sunvisors etc.
I am the 4th owner of this vehicle, the original owner had the car to 91, second to 97 then shipped to Melbourne, where it was converted to RHD by Mustangs of Melbourne for new owner. I purchased the car about 3 years ago.
I have had the engine professionally rebuilt by a reputable engine shop, new pistons, rings, bearings, cam shaft, timing chain, HV oil pump, fully balanced including new drive plate. Heads reconditioned to suit unleaded, carburetor reconditioned, distributor reconditioned & fitted with electronic ignition inside, still retaining original appearance, new water pump, fuel pump, radiator, alternator, all hoses & correct clamps used. Transmission reconditioned, tail shaft balanced & new universals installed. New Stainless steel exhaust from manifolds to tails pipes, new KYB Gas Adjust shocks all round & wheel aligned. Travelled about 2000 miles since all work carried out.
Trim is immaculate. Boot mat is the original as is the spare wheel & tyre. Floor mats are original pony rubber mats. Original glass except windscreen.
The body is excellent and retains all its original panels and rust free floors and rails. Paint is of good driver standard.
Only rust in vehicle is 2 small spots (size of 5 cent piece) in the front corners of doors. Has not gotten any worse in the 3 years I have owned the car.
The car is currently on club registration.
I/D Plate number 6R07A230750
Body 65B 2 door hard top with pony interior
Colour Z Sauterne Gold Metallic
Trim 66A Black crinkle vinyl pony interior
Date 13G July 13 1966
DSO 71 Los Angeles
Axle 1 3.00 conventional
Trans 6 C4 Automatic

The vehicle can be inspected in the Sutherland Shire area of Sydney and Photos can be viewed on carsales.com.au.
As previously mentioned asking is $35,000 and request that only genuinely interested parties enquire.
Thank You.

I cannot work out how to post photos on the forum, if anyone can assist I can forward the photos.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8053408&

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:01:50 pm »

Offline monaco66

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
Hi All,
My 66 GT has been SOLD today for full price. The car is heading from sunny Cronulla to hotter and sunnier Townsville. Gone to a good home, first time Mustang owner and soon to be club member. Thanks for all the interest.
The search is now on for my next car (66 GT Fastback K code)
Regards

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:13:02 pm »
There is one in Canberra. Black with red interior.  A couple of years ago he had it up for sale.  Not cheap.  let me know and I can find out for you.

Offline monaco66

• Pony
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:14:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply Reggie. If it is the car I'm thinking of it is an excellent example and was originally from the Sutherland Shire.(near me) Black with Red trim, right hand drive with Shelby wheels, But the money he was asking was way over the odds, about $120,000 if I recall.
Regards

Offline fenderslash

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 06:22:11 am »
Congrats on the sale; and congrats to the new owner too from a fellow Townsville Mustang owner

My baby...  1965 Mustang 2+2; C-code 289 (with 4bbl Holley); C4 auto; Rangoon Red

Offline monaco66

• Pony
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:44:08 am »
Yeah, thanks fenderslash, the new owner is a really nice guy and i doubt you will have trouble spotting him around town. He is very excited about his new purchase, I'm sure you will soon see the Sauterne Gold GT cruising the streets of Townsville.
I had three people on the car in the end and I'm glad to see this guy got his money in first, as out of the three he appeared to be the best home for my car to go.
It was obviously priced realistic as well.
Regards

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:09:58 pm »
Originally posted by Reggie
There is one in Canberra. Black with red interior.  A couple of years ago he had it up for sale.  Not cheap.  let me know and I can find out for you.

Reggie, I didn't think that one was a GT.  If it is the same car, the photo's in the NSW MOCA gallery, next to Mr Dixon's '65 fast back.

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 04:52:51 pm »
Originally posted by mo
Originally posted by Reggie

Reggie, I didn't think that one was a GT.  If it is the same car, the photo's in the NSW MOCA gallery, next to Mr Dixon's '65 fast back.

I cannot see Mr Dixon's car on the MOCA gallery.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »
Originally posted by mo
this one Reggie;
http://boss.org.au/nsw/2009/valentine140209/pages/P2150623.htm

yep, you are right - it is a K code fastback - not a GT.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »
There is the K Code GT in nightmist blue with parchment interior in the NSW For Sale section:
http://nsw.mustang.org.au/carsforsale.htm

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56:47 pm »
Full details:

Factory GT K Code Fastback.  $80,000

K Code represents a 289 V8 with a four barrel carb and solid lifters from factory. It produces 271 bhp standard. It is also a high reving V8. They class it as the first true Mustang Muscle car.

In 1966 only 0.9% of all cars produced were K Codes and out of that 0.9% only 4% of those were Factory GT's.
Matching numbers including date coded heads and Gearbox. - Manual toploader with 9 inch rear from factory.

Full deluxe pony interior with super rare original centre console(Original and in great condition).
Nightmist blue with parchment interior (Very popular and desirable combo).
Very much loved and cared for (Hardly ever driven).
Original American Racing rims & original Kelsey Hayes style steel wheels.
Factory Original Kelsey Hayes four piston front disc brakes.
Brakes, suspension and practically everything underneath was reconditioned to concourse specs in 2006. All original parts restored. - Featured in Street Fords magazine in 2006.
So much more to say....too much to write down. - Call Justin with any questions on 0419 171 068

Offline monaco66

• Pony
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »
Thanks Mo and Reggie, the black Fastback K Code is the car i was thinking about, it was restored by a good friend of mine and sold many years ago to the current owner. It was for sale some time back but he wanted way to much.
The other car, the nightmist blue car, I am trying to organise a look at this car over the next few days. Has been for sale for well over a year.
Keep you posted.
regards
Stuart